• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi rejects Jordan, Banks for Jan. 6 committee

Good. History will decide what's true. Now is time for investigation.
History has already recorded the truth: There's pictures and video, audio and the admissions of some of those who engaged that savagery,
  • It was a seditious, subversive terrorist insurrection engaging treason upon and against the United States, in their attempt to enact a Coup d'état

Most of them won’t be under investigation. Just the Republicans who participated.

Trump voters holding Trump flags storming the Capitol after weeks of being told they have to fight because their vote was literally stolen isn’t cause to investigate Ilhan Omar.
We don't know who is involved and who is not until there is an investigation and if Jordan can't be on the committee because he might be included than that also holds true for every member of the committee. Which is why I said it's a poor reason to exclude someone from the committee.

Yes

Neither Pelosi nor Schiff where involved in Trumps Rube Rally. Neither one waa involved in promoting the Big Lie. Neither one encouraged Trump's supporters to fight like hell. Neither one will be on the House Investigation panel.

What else ya got?

This is one of their new talking points.

Not that blaming the victims is new to the talk radio right. It’s a standard ploy. Happens every time a black man gets shot by a cop. Happened every time one of Trump’s henchmen wound up in a spot they couldn’t lie or bluster their way out of.

You have it backwards. Republicans had the opportunity to have a voice in how the committee would function. A bill was presented that would have had them as equal partners on the committee.

Republicans voted against that bill.

House Democrats have no legal obligation to continue to attempt to compromise with Republicans. But they are. They are trying to compromise, again, despite Republicans voting against compromise twice, as you admit.

Why do right wingers insist on things that are objectively false? This isn't a matter of opinion. The bills presented are written in black and white. The voting records are black and white. Republicans were against compromise and equal representation on the committee. They were against choosing their own members of the committee. That's why they voted against these things. Democrats wanted these things, which is why they voted for these things.

Check the record yourself if you don't believe me. Not right wing opinion pieces. The actual bills, the actual voting records. It's all on Congress' websites.
lol. The left is using reflective arguments now as a staple.

Read what you posted - it applies to the left, not the right.

We don't know who is involved and who is not until there is an investigation and if Jordan can't be on the committee because he might be included than that also holds true for every member of the committee. Which is why I said it's a poor reason to exclude someone from the committee.

Jordan is basically a waste of space.

Your reasoning is silly though. It’s like saying we needed to allow AQ on the 911 commission until we can prove it wasn’t them.

You completely missed my post, despite quoting it. Voting against Pelosi's plan is not the same as being opposed to a bipartisan investigation. If Pelosi had come to the table with a shed of honest intention, the outcome may have been different.

In your assertion that "Pelosi's plan" is not bi-partisan, how do you get around the fact that it was a result of bi-partisan negotiations?

So is Schiff but they are both elected representatives in the US Congress.

Schiff put together a comprehensive impeachment trial. What has Jordan ever done?

Circular logic.

The Committee can be whomever the Speakers say it is. Period.

Gym Jordan betrayed his oath of office by voting the way the mob wanted. And the mob was there to try and scare Congress into not certifying the election, so the fuhrer could walk in, invoke the Insurrection Act (on behalf of the insurrection he incited) and make himself king.

That’s what most of that mob believed, and that’s what most of the ones who were arrested said, too.

I was disgusted that McCarthy named Jordan, which he did as an in you face bit of hyperpartisanship.

Jordan would have made a complete fool of himself, as he did in the impeachment hearings. Grandstanding, fake outrage, arms waving, shouting, and playing to the Fox OANN audience from the committee dias.

I think it would have been worth while watching these right wing reactionaries go down with the trump ship.

But disgrace is disgrace.

The GOP got what it wanted.

It wanted no investigation of the insurrection at all. And certainly none, involving the potential involvement of the White House or certain Republican members of Congress.

Now, they can yell partisan witch hunt all they want.

But the facts won’t change.

No members of congress participated.

Jeebus
You clearly know more than anyone else to come to that definitive conclusion.

We do know that some members gave tours before the insurrection. We need to find out whether they were knowledgeable of what was going to happen.
We do know that insurrectionists had detailed maps. How did they get them?
These, and other questions, are still unanswered.

The Capitol Police are run by Congress itself - ie Pelosi. She is at the top of the list of witnesses.

Would congress include Mitch McConnell also?

What are we supposed to investigate? We know what happened. There’s nothing more we need to know because there’s nothing more to know.

What do we need to know?
I am surprised you are actually posing this question. There is much that needs to be known about how and why this occurred. If the mob attacking the Capitol had been sophisticated, foreign terrorists instead of a rag-tag band of ne're do wells. It is highly likely that a good majority of every single one of you federally elected politicians, including three of the highest ranking would have been murdered or seriously injured.

Why did the FBI and other intelligence agencies fail to understand the likelihood of this happening and if they did know why did they not put everyone on the highest of alerts in including the President, the AG and the DOD? If they did advise the President, AG and the DOD what was done with that information? Were the FBI embedded in that crowd and if they were why did they not sound the alarm, or if they did why wasn't it heeded? Were there any capital police who were actually part of the plot or aided it in any way? Were any Congressional members aware, in communications or involved with the rioters? Were any of the speakers that day involved in any way with the rioters?

What changes need to be made in the communications paths from the Oval Office to the Department of Defense and the National Guard. Why was there no contact between the President and the DOD when they all knew the VP of the United States and the VP elect were in grave danger? What specific changes need to be put in place from a communications and organizational perspective within the FBI, DOD, NG, Capotal, DC police to streamline and document communications and chain of command protocols? If you are aware of any investigations which were able to drill down through those elements by using subpoenas and the like please point me to that as I totally missed it.

It is totally irrational to me what anyone in that building or anyone who loves their country would not what those answers and would not want to ensure that this never happens again especially because you have now demonstrated to external enemies just how easy it is to storm and seize. your Capital building.

I didn’t need an investigation. WTF is wrong with liberals?
What's wrong with liberals? You are right. Liberals need facts and evidence to come to conclusions. You just "know" things without pesky facts and evidence.
Well, lots of people think they know things and don't.

Lol, yes that and a lot of attention away from legislation, which is sure struggling.
I think this is a 2022 gift and I'm not even sure the Republicans needed another 2022 gift since Biden hands them out daily.
Oh Lord yes. Did you see this clip from his townhall yesterday?

You completely missed my post, despite quoting it. Voting against Pelosi's plan is not the same as being opposed to a bipartisan investigation. If Pelosi had come to the table with a shed of honest intention, the outcome may have been different.
It wouldn't have mattered the Republicans would have cried that it was not " bipartisan " or Honest any ways
They always do
Have a nice day

Is he less objective than Pelosi or schiff?

Jordan was promoting a fraud. A fraud that led to an insurrection.

Personally, I don’t care about the questioners. I had not objection to Jordan being on the committee. He was clearly there to grandstand and do his right wing clown act.

The questions are the important part.

So are the witnesses.

So are the answers, and the attempts to evade the questions.

The Republicans have blocked any investigation from day one. Why the surprise McCarthy would sabotage it by appointing Jordon and Banks? Both of them refused to certify the election.
Why should that matter?

There's so much wrong here. A couple of points...

Gym Jordan betrayed his oath of office by voting the way the mob wanted. And the mob was there to try and scare Congress into not certifying the election, so the fuhrer could walk in, invoke the Insurrection Act (on behalf of the insurrection he incited) and make himself king.
You are mixing the vote to certify ballots (or conduct additional review) with the 'insurrection'. Two different things. The 'insurrection' was an illegal act by a mob frustrated by what happened in the election and following. The vote was a legitimate legislative function.

Jordan would have made a complete fool of himself, as he did in the impeachment hearings. Grandstanding, fake outrage, arms waving, shouting, and playing to the ____ audience from the committee dias.

I doubt that. But certainly, that was the plan of democrats on the committee.

The GOP got what it wanted.

It wanted no investigation of the insurrection at all. And certainly none, involving the potential involvement of the White House or certain Republican members of Congress.

Nope.
1) The FBI/DOJ is currently investigating the criminal acts. They are the appropriate agency to do so. That was never the purpose of a congressional committee.

2) Congress can, and should, investigate the security failures associated with this event. They have plenty of committees to do this.

All this does is limit Pelosi's ability to grandstand, give fake outrage, wave her arms, shout, and play to her extreme left audience.

Both of them refused to certify the election.

Why should that matter?
Pelosi said that was not part of her decision making criteria which is bourne out by the fact that she accepted one of the appointees who also voted against certification. I don't know if she said anymore than that publicly but she did say she gave McCarthy the reasons.

Back
Top Bottom