• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi rejects Jordan, Banks for Jan. 6 committee

Given that Rep. Jim Jordan had already been actively engaged in organizing "Stop The Steal" activities for months, including the Washington January 6th Rally, Republican leader Kevin McCarthy was well aware that his appointment to this Committee was a deliberate attempt to placed him in an obvious conflict of interests whereby he would be investigating himself!

Jordan's objectivity had already been compromised - its now being reported that as congressional representatives were being ushered to safety on January 6th, Rep. Liz Cheney, the then 3rd ranking Republican in the House, was openly accusing Jordan, a member of her own Party, of being responsible for orchestrating this invasion of the Capitol to prevent the 2020 Election vote from being certified!
Is he less objective than Pelosi or schiff?

bawhahaha if its all rumor how did Hastard get convicted and confess that he did it? If it is all just rumor why are deals being cut by Joel Greenburg in order for the evidence to be brought forward against Gaetz...and why is Gaetz hiring lawyers that defended Epstein if he did nothing wrong and it is all just rumor?
Everything you claimed about Gaetz and Jordan is gossip. Neither of them have been charged with a crime.

That may well be the stupidest post you've ever made. All of congress should be disqualified because we don't know if any of them were in on the plot! So you think democrats were in on the plan to stop the steal? Really? I guess Biden didn't want to be president so he plotted with the proud boys and the oathkeepers to prevent himself from taking office?
Sounds plausible. /s
Do you really need me to explain to you what I posted???

I long for the day when I learn of Nancy Pelosi's demise.

And, if there's a God somewhere, one which is just and good, shell die violently in front of her grandchildren.

I hate that gash...

And she is still pushing the pretense that she wants an impartial, bipartisan, committee?
Which you can have by not nominating people who by the nature of their own words and actions may well turn out to be subjects, or even targets of the investigation, with every reason in world to do everything they can to disrupt it. That would be like placing people whom are potential subjects or targets of a grand jury investigation on the grand jury itself.

Then we need more legislation to prevent voter fraud. Easier to vote but harder to cheat. 👍
WTF are you talking about? It's already hard to cheat. Just witness the fact that the few that try almost always end up getting caught.

This latest dust-up between the Republican and Democratic parties is, when all's said and done and the pundits have ceased their blather, little more than the 'poison pill' amendment to a bill. The intent is the same.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Yes every member of congress. None of them have been cleared by an investigation of any involvement.

Most of them won’t be under investigation. Just the Republicans who participated.

Trump voters holding Trump flags storming the Capitol after weeks of being told they have to fight because their vote was literally stolen isn’t cause to investigate Ilhan Omar.

McCarthy's move was a blunder. He had plenty of other Rethuglicans to pick from. Instead he yanks them all? God what an idiot. :ROFLMAO:
This will backfire on the GOP. The optics from the House Investigation for the Republicans will be devastating.

There is a silver lining 😁

The only 'crystal ball' is nothing more than the track record that Pelosi has established, past performance being a good predicter of future performance.

Agreed, a disruption of congress. Not an insurrection, not sedition, not an attempted coup. No attempted at usurping control of the government once they were in the building itself.

Meh. This is assuming that there wasn't a predisposition of the rioters to take the actions that they did. Not saying there was, and not saying there wasn't. I'm saying no one appears to have asked what would be a fair question to ask.

And it is, by the FBI and the DOJ, and the criminal cases are being appropriately handled in that manner. What also needs to be investigated were all possible security and decision failures which set the security posture at the capitol. This is where this congressional committee should focus. From my view, rather unlikely, given the established track record called out above.

Yes, but this is where I fear Pelosi and the House democrats are going to let you down bigly.

They are fighting what is obviously going to be a partisan political and politically biased investigation, see established track record above.

Agreed, a disruption of congress, a mob, a riot.
Not an insurrection, not sedition, not an attempted coup. No attempted at usurping control of the government once they were in the building itself.

Do please stop with the exaggerated, politically and partisan driven hyperbole.
You left out the part where nutty Trumpers in the Capital made audible death threats against Pence and Pelosi.

Why is that?

Most of them won’t be under investigation. Just the Republicans who participated.

Trump voters holding Trump flags storming the Capitol after weeks of being told they have to fight because their vote was literally stolen isn’t cause to investigate Ilhan Omar.
Fight for Democrats always equals violence. Should of looked familiar to them.

This will backfire on the GOP. The optics from the House Investigation for the Republicans will be devastating.

There is a silver lining 😁

Hi, yankintx!

It's difficult to see anything backfiring significantly on the Republican Party in today's United States of America, The Republicans have quietly for decades worked away in state legislatures to 'safety' many congressional districts. Redistricting with the 2020 census will continue apace. The Supreme Court of the United States of America has exempted itself from having a say in the gerrymandering process. Add in the 'primary challenge' hold that Mr. Donald Trump, backed by his loyal followers, uses to control the Republican legislators and the GOP will continue to march to the beat of the Trump drum. [Ed.: Or at least march in the direction he outlines in his rallies.]

The days in which the two parties saw mutual benefit in 'bi-partisanship' are probably behind us now. There were milestones along the way for those who cared to see. One was the elimination of 'pork barrel' bill amendments.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Aside. When one describes the United States as 'democracy', there's usually a member of the Gotcha! Gang ready to state that the US is a republic. They are 'righter' than they know. [Ed.: 'Scuse his little pun, will you?] The US, functionally, is an oligarchical republic in which those who rule are selected by a small minority of the eligible voters.

Last edited:
Don't know who Banks is, but Jordan never has anything useful to add to any debate. All he ever does is attack the opposition, evidently just for the sake of attacking them. He likes to talk a lot but says nothing; you know the old adage, 'an empty vessel makes the most noise'?

Is he less objective than Pelosi or schiff?
Yes

Neither Pelosi nor Schiff where involved in Trumps Rube Rally. Neither one waa involved in promoting the Big Lie. Neither one encouraged Trump's supporters to fight like hell. Neither one will be on the House Investigation panel.

What else ya got?

dcsports does not get to dictate the rules of debate. :)

That's what the right-wing media bubble is telling you.
lol - You aren't putting up much of a debate when you use these reflective arguments - 'I know you are but what am I!!!'. I would encourage you to listen to the ideas of others.

Neither do I. Disagreements are a good thing, being scum like jordan is not.

No need for anyone to say anything, it is clear that jordan is a scumbag just by listening to him. You should take off your partisan blinders.

Defending scum like jordan as you do? Yea, that is lack of integrity.

It is not a matter of luck, but one of facts.
Nope. The facts don't support you.

Thanks for acknowledging the truth. I didn't expect you to admit it so thanks.

I can’t wait for the talk radio screamers and the Q wannabes to start parroting that line.

It will be a tacit admission that everyone knew that the whole Benghazi thing was a flagrant political ploy to begin with.

None the less, they won’t be able to stop the apparant villains in teh fomenting of an insurrection from being put in the witness box on national television.

It was never going to be impartial, bipartisan. That's not what Pelosi and the Democrats want.

She dismissed Jordan because he was going to ask questions that she doesn't want answered.
Yeah, like "Why aren't we investigating the violence of the summer of 2020? Why aren't we looking into Hunter Biden's laptop?" And other off-topic questions by the pedophile enabler.
In which the correct answer every time he opens his piehole is "Wrong investigation, asshole."

Your post would make more sense if they (McConnell, McCarthy) hadn't already voted down a bipartisan committee. The simple truth is that trump, and by extension McConnell, McCarthy
do not want any public investigation of 1/6.
You completely missed my post, despite quoting it. Voting against Pelosi's plan is not the same as being opposed to a bipartisan investigation. If Pelosi had come to the table with a shed of honest intention, the outcome may have been different.

Back
Top Bottom