• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Pelosi guilty of violating Logan Act (1790)

I see Nancy is ticking off the right people. Go Nancy! :rofl
Cap'n, I said a long time ago, that Pelosi is going to drive these Bush apologist up the wall...and she's doing it BIG TIME...LOL...:2rofll:

Maybe they need to put their cardiologist on speed dial...LOL...:2dancing:

Cap'n, I said a long time ago, that Pelosi is going to drive these Bush apologist up the wall...and she's doing it BIG TIME...LOL...:2rofll:

And upset that balance of power in the ME, empowering the countries that are supporting terrorism, setting our efforts to contain Syria's influence back to square one, making the US look divided and weak and allowing herself to become a propaganda puppet.

But as long as it "drive(s) these Bush apologist up the wall." that's what matters most. Yeah go Nancy, just what we need.

very emotional but where have I said I supported her actions? I like how she pisses people off in this forum but I just bought up the fact that others have done similar actions. you are putting words in my mouth. Highlight my posts that show I support her actions which by the way I don't.....:)

Can you cite where any of the people you are talking about stated specifically that they were there to initiate a separate foreign policy or become a conduit for negotiations between Israel and Syria or did anything to validate the Syrian government or in anyway became propaganda puppets for our enemies?

very emotional but where have I said I supported her actions? I like how she pisses people off in this forum but I just bought up the fact that others have done similar actions. you are putting words in my mouth. Highlight my posts that show I support her actions which by the way I don't.....:)

MY PLEASURE:

And yes, I like how Nancy is ******* off the right people

There is no 'right' people here, and you make light of the fact that the Speaker of the House just committed a - maybe several - crimes by willfully, fraudulently, and criminally entering into negotiations on behalf of the United States AND Israel, eembarrassing herself (which I have no problem with) AND the U.S. (which I have a BIG problem with), and just aided and abetted our enemy! She should be charged with violations of the Logan act, AS SHOULD THE REPUBLICANS, as soon as she gets back - if nothing else, due to the gravity of her behavior and the results of her actions, she should immediately be stripped of her position as Speaker of the House.

What I don't think you also understand is that this is NOT a partisan issue with me - if it had been John McCain, serving as the Speaker of the House, doing the same thing I would be calling for his @$$ to be charged and stripped of his position.

Again, I do not think people SERIOUSLY understand the gravity of her actions!
This is NOT a partisan issue. People really need to get their collective heads out of their political parties and begin to realize we are AMERICANS 1st, and in the name of partisanship Pelosi made this trip that has resulted in such a diplomatic/political disaster!

In the military, if I embarrass the institution that is the military in the public eye, I am punished. The severity of that punishment depends on the severity of the spectacle/problem I make. Pelosi and other goverment servants - ALL goverment servants - should be held to the same standard.

If you drop the partisan spin, you would admit that as a public servant she has made a GRAVE faux pas that has turned into an embarrassing event for the U.S., all because of her own political motivations and agenda. I don't care if she meant to do it or not - if I do it by accident, I still get punished. By the book, Pelosi deserves to be punished in some way, as do the GOP members who did something similar but under the world's radar!

I guess its all good as long as you drive the Republicans crazy!

Fraudulently and criminally representing MULTIPLE nations in illegal negotiations, aiding and abetting the enemy in their Anti-American/Western Propoganda, embarrassing this nation on the world stage, the speaker of the House being called a liar and an idiot by the President of another country on the world stage, cutting funding for troops in combat during a time of war....

Its all good as long as it bugs the other party!

Enough of this Part-1st partisan BS! It is obvious that Libs like you need reminding that we are all Americans 1st and that all goverment officials are elected to do what is best for the country 1st and now what is good for the PARTY 1st!

the President of Syria, attempting to further/broker a peace deal between Syria and israel, convincing them of the error of their ways! THAT is in direct violation of the logan Act, no matter how you attempt to justify it! but you Libs need to calm down - its not like she will be charged or convicted with any crime for her treason/criminal act, so its all good, right?!

the logan act is moronic. It would never stand up in court which is why it is never used.. Nobody cares about this. Go form the crazy moon bat party at once. They will love you.

ps. "Specifically, it prohibits citizens from negotiating with other nations on behalf of the United States without authorization."

attempting to further/broker a peace deal between Syria and israel

ps. "Specifically, it prohibits citizens from negotiating with other nations on behalf of the United States without authorization."

attempting to further/broker a peace deal between Syria and israel

ILLEGALLY - without the authorization of either nation she fraudulently attempted to represent! The reason this is important is so that every REP elected will not go off and try to establish their own foreign policy or try to negotiate with nations on behalf of anyone they want! This is also important so that jack@$$ partisan reps don't F* up and embarrass the US or aid and abet terrorists as Pelosi has just done! If you don't see the importance of this, you are shallow and as ignorant as Pelosi!

ILLEGALLY - without the authorization of either nation she fraudulently attempted to represent! The reason this is important is so that every REP elected will not go off and try to establish their own foreign policy or try to negotiate with nations on behalf of anyone they want! This is also important so that jack@$$ partisan Republicans don't F* up and embarrass the US or aid and abet terrorists as Pelosi has just done! If you don't see the importance of this, you are shallow and as ignorant as Pelosi!

you sound as ignorant as those that claim the war with Iraq is illegal.

Shall we place bets on how many charges are filed using the logan act as justification? I guess ZERO.

I don't know what she is guilty of, but this was a very stupid thing to do. As much screwing up that we have seen from the Republican Party, you would think that the Democratic Party would have figured out a few ways not to behave as irresponsible as they always prove to be.

For an American political party to engage in personal comunications with any government without the permission of the U.S. government, it shows horrible dissention within our system and gives our enemies exaclty what they want.

The Democrats have really set the precedence. This isn't the first. Perhaps when a Democratic President is dealing with another government, the Republican Party can take it upon themselves to travel over and usurp the Presidential efforts.

America is the only force on earth that can wreck America. The only reason we have a Republican Party that keeps tripping all over itself is because we have a weak morally absent Democratic Party as its competition.

you sound as ignorant as those that claim the war with Iraq is illegal.

Shall we place bets on how many charges are filed using the logan act as justification? I guess ZERO.

THERE is that wonderful Liberal defense I 'love' so much:

No charges and no conviction will be filed, therefore, NO CRIME was committed!

I remember a representative was proven to have sex with under-aged pages - not only were no charges filed, co time served, but he also got to keep his job/seat.....he was innocent because no charges were filed, right?

Rule of Liberal Moral/Ethical/Legal Right: As long as you do not get legally convicted of ANYTHING, all is fair, anything is acceptible, and everything is OK! $crew the fact that she acted as an agent of ISRAEL without Israel's authorization, that she negotiated for peace talks to occur later without even consenting with Israel, that she did not have the legal authorization to negotiate such things for either country - SHE ISN'T GOING TO BE CHARGED/CONVICTED OF ANYTHING SO IT IS/WAS ALL GOOD! :shock: :doh

THERE is that wonderful Liberal defense I 'love' so much:

No charges and no conviction will be filed, therefore, NO CRIME was committed!

No charge will be filed because the act is horribly unconstitutional.

Unlike you - I care about individual liberty and I distrust government.

I don't know what she is guilty of...

ITS PRETTY SIMPLE:

She acted as an agent of the goverment of Israel and the united States, without the authorization or legal authority from either country, to engage in official negotiations. She negotiated for further peace talks to be held in the immediate future, peace talks Ohlmert siad he was totally unaware of because Pelosi had neither the authorization to negotiate nor had she talked to him about doing so at all! She LIED and was exposed as a liar for saying she carried a message from Ohlmert.
-- Where are the Federal Grand Juries to investigate how Pelosi, the U.S. Speaker of the House, was in Syria acting as an agent of ISRAEL without their authority?

No charges will be filed, though....no punishment will come. Much in the same way Iran will surely perpetrate the crimes of kidnapping again in the future as they have successfully done in the past because they are emboldened by the fact that no punishment comes when they step out of line, Pelosi and the Democrats will continue to do these things that are completely beyond their authority because they can get away with it!

No charge will be filed because the act is horribly unconstitutional.

Unlike you - I care about individual liberty and I distrust government.

During the last Presidential election, the DNC stripped millions of Americans of their Contitutional Right to representation by denying the Green party's candidate to be placed on the ballot, even though they had met all legal requirements!

Just recently, the liberals are/have tried to strip the President of his Constitutional right of refusal to allow his staff to testify under oath.

What repercussions have they faced? NONE!

You can argue all you want that Pelosi has violated nothing, but until you acknowledge that the Logan act STILL exists, that it has NOT been repealed, that Pelosi has acted without authority, that she has committed, if nothing else, the act of FRAUD by claiming to represent and negotiate on the behalf of Israel (a LIE), then you are full of CR@P!

The act is to prevent such stupid things from happening like the mayor of my town - an elected official - from going over to Syria and trying to negotiate the surrender of the U.S. It is also in effect to prevent the DUMB@$$ situation that Pelosi has just created. (Being called a liar and stupid on the world stage by the leader of another nation for falsely acting as that nation's rep is a DUMB@$$ situation - sory - and is detrimental to the U.S.)

Pelosi, will not face punishment for her actions any more than the DNC have or will ever face punishment for the violations mentioned above - I know that; however, whether charges are filed or not, the act still exists, the restrictions still apply, whether they are actually enforced or not.

ITS PRETTY SIMPLE:

She acted as an agent of the goverment of Israel and the united States, without the authorization or legal authority from either country, to engage in official negotiations.

"Official negotiations"

:confused:

What makes them official?

"Official negotiations"

Read the article - she promised/negotiated 'official' follow-on meetings between U.S., Israeli, and Syrial Goverment represnetatives - that's official. Ohlmert was forced to say that Israel had agreed to no such follow-on meetings!

Kinda like Jesse Jackson's "official negotiations?" :rofl

Myself, I think we shoulda sent the Dixie Chcks. Pelosi looks straight up stupid in a scarf.

"Official negotiations"

Her position and claiming to be speaking on behalf of a foreign government and the claims that the mission was to advance the Democrat foreign policy.

She should face immediate censure on her return and the congress should issue a proclamation stating that she does not speak on behalf the US government nor the congress in her visit with Syria and other countries which support and harbor terrorist.

Read the article - she promised/negotiated 'official' follow-on meetings between U.S., Israeli, and Syrial Goverment represnetatives - that's official. Ohlmert was forced to say that Israel had agreed to no such follow-on meetings!

The Logan Act - although completely unenforcable - has no provisions to prevent a US Citizen from negotiating for another country - even if the other country doesn't wish her to.

Maybe she violated some sort of enforcable Israel law, but we value freedom to much to go along with your partisan witch hunt here in the States. No Sale.

Logan Act: Logan Act: Information from Answers.com

Of course, as the Libs like to point out, if you commit a crime and are not prosecuted for it, technically (to them) you never committed a crime! :rofl

I guess Pelosi considers herself the approving authority required to grant HERSELF permission to negotiate with terrorist states! :roll: :doh

As she is 3rd in line to be President, there definitely an arguable case here. The down side is that the White House has denounced her for her actions; however, they have not, as of yet, attempted to create a public outcry for her removal.

Looking at the situation and reviewing what transpired leads me to agree with the President on this issue. We're making ourselves look bad in the eyes of the world.

Pelosi's actions make Bush look like a talking head (which he really sort of is) and this is bad because it WILL cause the terrorists to view the US government as "weak."

Therefore, I vote that we do whatever it takes to ban Nancy Pelosi from talking to governments in the middle east on behalf of the United States Of America.

Hold Pelosi responsible for the Bush administration's complete lack of a coherent foreign policy. Hmmm. Interesting idea. I have a better idea though. Let's apply that same kind of non-logic to President Bush. Since he is supposedly the commander in chief, let's hold him responsible for military decisions. Bush should be held before a military tribunal and court martialed for dereliction of duty and gross incompetence. Makes just as much sense.

Hold Pelosi responsible for the Bush administration's complete lack of a coherent foreign policy.

Who said anything of the sort even if they agree with your misrepresentation of the current US foreign policy?

Hmmm. Interesting idea. I have a better idea though. Let's apply that same kind of non-logic to President Bush. Since he is supposedly the commander in chief, let's hold him responsible for military decisions.

He is.

Bush should be held before a military tribunal and court martialed for dereliction of duty and gross incompetence. Makes just as much sense.

We don't try Presidents we vote them out of office or impeach them.

Now back to the subject, do you think the opposition party to the President should create a shadow government and engage in illegal acts?

Who said anything of the sort even if they agree with your misrepresentation of the current US foreign policy?

He is.

We don't try Presidents we vote them out of office or impeach them.

Now back to the subject, do you think the opposition party to the President should create a shadow government and engage in illegal acts?

This is a good example of why the FOX news presidential debates won't really happen. No serious Democrat candidate will participate. Why? Because the questions, like yours, are not intended as serious debate questions. They are set up questions designed to promote a neo-con agenda.

This is a good example of why the FOX news presidential debates won't really happen.

Because actual issues might be discussed and platitudes dismissed?

No serious Democrat candidate will participate. Why? Because the questions, like yours,

My question: Now back to the subject, do you think the opposition party to the President should create a shadow government and engage in illegal acts?

are not intended as serious debate questions. They are set up questions designed to promote a neo-con agenda.

It is a question asking them why they were doing what they were doing and making no bones about it, they clearly stated they were there to engage in their own "alternative" foreign policy, they were acting like a shadow government. Look I'm not alone I have cite the liberal media sources who agree with exactly what I stated. Now your bring up their not going of FOX because they might be asked about it proves my point there too, they don't want to have to face the people and give answers to hard questions.

Do you agree they should engage in such things?

Because actual issues might be discussed and platitudes dismissed?

My question: Now back to the subject, do you think the opposition party to the President should create a shadow government and engage in illegal acts?

It is a question asking them why they were doing what they were doing and making no bones about it, they clearly stated they were there to engage in their own "alternative" foreign policy, they were acting like a shadow government. Look I'm not alone I have cite the liberal media sources who agree with exactly what I stated. Now your bring up their not going of FOX because they might be asked about it proves my point there too, they don't want to have to face the people and give answers to hard questions.

Do you agree they should engage in such things?

This display of tortured logic, filled with painfully transparent agenda, is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

This display of tortured logic, filled with painfully transparent agenda, is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Tortured logic? Is that what you call stating facts? It's very simple either you think it is proper for the Speaker of the House to set up an alternative foreign policy than that of the Presidents during war time or you don't.

Back
Top Bottom