• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Pelosi Defies White house - To Meet W/Terrorists!

I studied Political Science for 5 years and have professionally debated and negotiated for 15 years, but I'm unable to compete on this forum. Why?

Here's a new posting - for me, it poses roadblocks of an impossible nature for proceeding with debating:

"Take this entire issue. We give ridiculous sums of money to Israel and Palestine - the courts have remained silent on the issue. Everything under the sun is recognized as interstate commerce - the courts have remained silent. The 1st and 14th amendment have somehow been tied together while the 9th is completely ignored. The courts have remained silent."

How has it been determined that 'ridiculous sums of money' were given - who says so - what constitutes 'ridicuous' in this context?

I don't need to determine what consists of "ridiclous sums of money" - because any money given violates the law. Where is the outcry when this law is violated?

It's clear the issue regarding the Logan Act is completely partisan in nature - and that is why it is an issue for Mr. Shock.

What does "Everything under the sun is recognized as interstate commerce" mean? What does 'interstate commerce' have to do with Pelosi?

I'm establishing precedent that partisan posters only care about partisan issues. If Mr Shock truly cared about seperation of powers and constitutionality, these issues would matter as well. Yet they all take a backseat to one Ms. Pelosi.

Once more - Yes! Pelosi may have done something wrong. But, that's the norm in D.C. About 535 people in Congress plus the presidency group do something wrong most every day. So, why do you single out Pelosi? Wrong is wrong! Right?

And, people like you and me DON'T dismiss their actions - there's nothing we can do about that. We have a corrupt governmental system - CORRUPTION rules the day!

Either we put them ALL in jail - or, NONE! No persecution, please!

It sure seems like our rants are following parallel paths.

I continue to be puzzled about charges on this forum that Pelosi made an illegal trip to represent the US to Syria- like, she's forbidden to do so.

It was not an illegal trip. Many congress people make what are referred to as "fact-finding" trips to foreign countries frequently. The allegation here concerns the activities that Pelosi engaged in while on this trip. Specifically, her alleged attempt at representing US foreign policy, which she was definitely not elected to do and is expressly forbidden to do by the Constitution.

Note: In the past, many of these so-called "fact-finding" trips have subsequently been revealed to be nothing more than vacation junkets on which various congressmen have taken along wives, mistresses, etc. Though we haven't heard much in recent years, some time ago, it was all the rage.

Back
Top Bottom