• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Pelosi Defies White house - To Meet W/Terrorists!

I have to agree that sending a woman representative to represent/negotiate in the Middle East is not necessarily the thing to do, in regards to getting optimum results, as the ME attitudes towards women and their role in society are quite well known to all. That don't make it right but that's the way it is there.

Well Syria did elect a female vice president so I think her being female may not be as problematic as other middle eastern countries.

furthermore, if anything I'd send them more women... strong women with high heels, short skirts, and low cleavage. They can all be offended right back to their homes where they immediately masturbate furiously to lingering memories of our diplomatic envoy.

Just kidding... sorta... I just see it as a violation to have to pretend we're something we're not just to not "offend" the locals...

Last edited:
furthermore, if anything I'd send them more women... strong women with high heels, short skirts, and low cleavage. They can all be offended right back to their homes where they immediately masturbate furiously to lingering memories of our diplomatic envoy.

Just kidding... sorta... I just see it as a violation to have to pretend we're something we're not just to not "offend" the locals...

:lol: :mrgreen:

We are the United States. Where ever I go I am the United States ESPECIALLY if I am US rep. And the United States doesn't wear that trash. Show some god damned dignity.

Like this?

bushputin191106_228x334.jpg

1. Know your enemy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2. Reagan knew the best way to prevent aggression against you is to demonstrate STRENGTH! You do NOT sacrifice your own beliefs/culture for anyone.

FUNNY! Thats just what Bush has done! Bush sacrificed our Troops lives for HIS own Belief!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That is part of the problem with Democrats - they are willing to compromise exactly what it is that makes us who we are - Americans - in order not to offend someone.

Saving more of our Troops lives by not offending someone??? Hey! Ask our Troops if they care HOW or WHO gets them back home alive!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They have fully embraCed this DISEASE that is
Are you talking about the BUSH disease that the Cons got???:roll:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Republicans - true conservaites - believe in the Shakespearean quote 'To thine own self be true'
You got that right! Republicans are true to themselves and don't seem to care how many of our Troops have to get killed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and refuse to sacrifice our values and morals to be chameleons willing to morph into anything to appease people - especially people who have sworn to kill every man, woman, and child American - to destroy our nation! You can be CIVIL without sacrificing your own beliefs and identity! You can be CIVIL without surrendering or kowtowing to an enemy in order to appease them!

- The United kingdom presented un-disputable evidence before the U.N. that proved Iran kidnapped the 15 Brit soldiers from IRAQI waters - an act of war - and then we had to watch their continuous ridiculous BS for days as they 'professed' to the world about how the UK was at fault.

Iran said they were not involved in the Israeli-Hezbollah war. Koffi Anon declared Iran was not involved in the Israeli-Hezbollah war. MEANWHILE, not only were Iranian soldiers, fighting with Hezbollah against Israel, being captured by Israelis during the war, captured Hezbollah fighters were bragging about how Iranian soldiers were in Lebanon fighting on behalf of Hezbollah AND that the whole plan to kidnap the 4 Israeli solders was concoted, planned, trained for, armed, supplied, and even manned in Iran. The 4 Israelis were taken TO IRAN!

The LAW - the Logan Act - clearly defines the illegal act that IS being committed. BY LAW a criminal act is being perpetrated. Similar to battery, etc... cases - if a complaint is not sometimes filed against the offender then a prosecution/conviction can not happen - BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN THE CRIME NEVER TOOK PLACE!
_______
Ya! Ya! LAWS are made to be broken! Just look at Bush and the laws he has broken.

_______
Ya! Ya! LAWS are made to be broken! Just look at Bush and the laws he has broken.

Uh-uh....he hasn't been convicted of anything, so no laws have been broken!

:rofl

Please make sure you area aware that I am the original Stinger here and have not morphed into this nonsense.

Please make sure you area aware that I am the original Stinger here and have not morphed into this nonsense.

I know, my friend, I know.

I know, my friend, I know.

And Pelosi has been convicted of what exactly? :confused:

That was my sarcastic point, Cap. Even though Pelosi violated the Logan Act, mis-represented her own country AND Israel by illegally entering into negotiations on behalf of both counties, even though Ohlmert called her out on the world stage by calling her a LIAR and a dunce for not realizing she just help spread terrorist propoganda, Pelosi thus far has not been convicted of anything and therefore 'has done nothing wrong', according to the Libs!

I mean its not like she was proven to have had sex with underaged pages and is being allowed to keep her seat and not even face jail time...which also is OK because no conviction resulted in that 'proud' historic Congressional moment!

Everything's great - no harm/no foul! :roll:

I believe that was done once for some kind of special occasion. If we did that every time we went there then you'd have a point... and I would oppose that practice as well.

So it's ok for one elected official (Bush) to do it but not another (Pelosi)?

So it's ok for one elected official (Bush) to do it but not another (Pelosi)?
So far as I know there was no special occasion in Syria. She just did that because it was custom for women in general to do that.

The Democrats always preach - "Diplomacy 1st, NEVER war, & surrender/retreat if you're handed one!" They need to learn, however, that there is a big difference between Diplomacy and TREASON!

While I don't agree with her actions, calling it treasonous is a bit hysterical and dramatic. She did nothing close to committing treason unless she handed them secrets about US war strategy. Diplomats forwarding an agenda of diplomacy cannot be considered treasonous except by the brain dead, the intellectually dishonest, or the hysterical. Perhaps by the partisan bigoted...yeah, I'll grant that one too.

Head Tarp

"Head Tarp"
I sure as hell wouldn't dress up like a muslim woman.
capt.xhm10204031738.mideast_syria_us_pelosi_xhm102.jpg

This is really just so disappointing...
Good for you as it endorses a double standard.
Diplomacy of adversarial ideologies should be arbitrated on neutral third party grounds.
And as a rather attractive woman without a diaper on her head, she looks like an old hag with one.

Last edited:
Re: Head Tarp

"Head Tarp"
Good for you as it endorses a double standard.
Diplomacy of adversarial ideologies should be arbitrated on neutral third party grounds.
And as a rather attractive woman without a diaper on her head, she looks like an old hag with one.
I'm sorry, are you calling me a hypocrite? I was just a little confused by that "double standard" comment.

I really don't know what the fuss is over the damn head scarf. She did not wear it to her meeting with the Syrian president. The picture was where she was about to enter a mosque that had the remians of John the Baptist. She's wearing the scarf folded and tied under the chin in a style long used by American women. It is a sign of respect, both Laura Bush and Condi Rice have also worn head scarves before entering a mosque. Heck, I used to wear a head scarf on a bad hair day. :)

Attachments

• pelosi.jpg
    pelosi.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
then she shouldn't have gone in there. And if you're having a bad hair day then the head scarf is fine. Guys where hats sometimes on bad hair days.

but doing so in this situation looks like an act of submission.

I don't mind her going to syria. I don't mind her talking to these guys... do what you like. But if you're a major US offical you do NOT put on that head scarf in their country... EVER. If you have a bad hair day over there and you're also a top US offical... and for some reason you don't have aids that can control your hair... then stay in your hotel room that day. Say you're sick or something... say you're tired... If you have to come out... shave your head first deal with the hair issue...

But under no circomstances are you to put that head scarf on while in that country. None. Or maybe it's just that I can't think of one... perhaps if you came up with a sufficently extreme example I'd say ok... but wearing one to visit even a church is not acceptable. I understand that she would have to wear that to visit the chuch... so the only response is not to. If you have to, inform the syrians of that point so there's no confusion on their part... so they don't scheduel anything that would require it.

Just no.

Women's Liberation

"Women's Liberation"
I'm sorry, are you calling me a hypocrite? I was just a little confused by that "double standard" comment.
There was no reference to you being a hypocrite.
A head covering is a venial symbol.
Here the double standard was meant as a pejorative - as debase repression.
The term double standard" has been around for some time. I use links often so the underlined terms are not just emphasis.

Re: Women's Liberation

please explain exactly what you meant by that term directed towards my post.

Brandishing

"Brandishing"
please explain exactly what you meant by that term directed towards my post.
It was meant in support for your comment here>>
Karmashock said:
That's not a message you send to these people. You're a United States congresswoman. You do NOT kowtow to their regional bigotry towards woman while there.

Back
Top Bottom