• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Pelosi Defies White house - To Meet W/Terrorists!

easyt65

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Attempting to make the Bush Administration impotent through her actions as well as trying to demonstrate SHE is the most powerful politician in the United States, Nancy Pelosi has defied the Bush Administration and has broken his/the U.S. established policy regarding visiting terrorist states!

Pelosi Conveying Israel Message to Syria

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi will tell Syrian leaders when she visits Damascus this week on a trip criticized by the Bush administration that Israel will only engage in peace talks if Syria stops supporting Palestinian militants, Israel said Sunday.

The message came during Pelosi's meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert during the Israel part of her Mideast tour.

"Pelosi is conveying that Israel is willing to talk if they (Syria) would openly take steps to stop supporting terrorism," Olmert's spokeswoman Miri Eisin said. "But at this point the Syrian government, by openly backing terror all around the Middle East, is not a partner for negotiations."

-- Thanks, Nancy! After all these years, that hadn't been fully clarified yet...until NOW! It took the current Speaker of the House to travel all the way to a terrorist nation to get that point across!

BTW, anyone remember when Condie Rice was appointed? The Democrats lambasted her appointment because she was a woman, a move only the Democrats could get away with! They declared that it was nothing prejudicial on their own behalf but pointed out the status of women in the Middle East, that women are still viewed as property in some Middle Eastern nations, and said that they would NEVER listen to a woman......

.......until NOW, I guess! What is it Nancy, a woman Democrat is more accepted in the Middle East, especially by TERRORISTS, that a woman Republican? :roll:

Washington also considers Syria a sponsor of terror and had asked Pelosi not to visit Damascus.

She reiterated that point in her speech to the parliament, saying she is "concerned that the new Palestinian government, some of the people in the government, continue to remain committed to the destruction of Israel." However, a majority of Palestinians and Israelis support a peaceful resolution to the conflict.
THAT is just one of the reasons why the Bush Administration labeled them a Terrorist nation and setthe U.S. Policy that we would not visit and/or negotiate with them, you TRAITOR!

Syria is a terrorist regime, Iran's 'Toadie' who has helped Iran enslave Lebanon after assassinating many of its respected leaders and using it as a base of Operations from which to Kidnap Israeli soldiers and continue attacks against Israel aimed at Israel's complete destruction!

The ONLY message you - Pelosi - will successfully bring to the Terrorist Regime is that while the Bush Administration will NOT visit, negotiate, or work with TERRORIST Regimes - the Democrats, led by Nancy Pelosi, sure as HE!! will! :shock: :doh

The Democratic Party - Aiding and Abetting Terrorist Nations, 15 years and counting!

I have to agree that sending a woman representative to represent/negotiate in the Middle East is not necessarily the thing to do, in regards to getting optimum results, as the ME attitudes towards women and their role in society are quite well known to all. That don't make it right but that's the way it is there.

But I have to say that Pelosi has demonstrated more balls than any man, in Washington, that I've seen lately. She's going head on with the dictatorship in the White House. I suppose she is excercizing, what did Mr. Bush call it, "political capitol?" :rofl

Go Nancy. Stir it up! Tell the president the people have spoken! The ME may not listen to a woman, but she WILL be heard on Pennsylvania Ave.

Things will calm down when we elect Tommy Thompson as our next president. Everyone will get along again and maybe, just maybe, we'll be able to get something done again in the good ol' US of A.

Good for Pelosi! It's about time that someone in Washington has the guts to actually talk to Arab governments in the ME, instead of the current crop of cowards in the WH that are too insecure and arrogant to talk to folks with whom we have disagreements.

Just like old Ronnie did with the terrorists in the SU. He didn't cower and back down because the SU were terrorists. He had the guts to confront them, talk to them, state our position, even if they were the "evil empire." He could have weenied out and said "we don't talk to evil empires" like our current leaders, but he didn't. He had the guts to talk to our enemy. And as a result made significant progress in nuclear arms reductions and eventually ending the cold war.

How dare she try to actually talk with these people instead of segregating them like Bush wants to do. Doesn't she know segregation and lack of diplomacy is the only way to reach peace?

There have been a number of senators that met with Syria over the past few years. Pelosi isn't doing anything new and I doubt she will accomplish anything new.

As I pointed out, the only thing Pelosi is doing, like the Democrats have been doing all along, is working with - aiding and abetting - TERRORISTS!

One of the reasons Iran, for example, continues to engage in terrorist activity - kidnapping, black-mailing, funding assassinations (Lebanon), goverment over-throws, and attacks on other nations to 'wipe them from the face of the earth' - is because they are never punished!

What happened to them as a result of kidnapping our people back in the 70s?
- Nothing!

What happened as a result of finding out that Iran assisted the 9/11 hijackers to get into our country un-noticed?
- Nothing!

What happened as a result of Iran's participation in assassinating Lebonese leaders in order to make Lebanon a puppet state and launching pad for attacks against Israel?
-- Nothing!

What happened as a result of it being exposed that Iran pumps $100+ Million a year into Hezbollah + weapons + troops to continue terrorist attacks against Israel?
- Nothing!

What happened as a result of the news that the kidnapping of the 4 Israelis that sparked the war between Israel and Hezbollah was planned in Iran, trained for in Iran, funded and manned partly in Iran, that the 4 soldiers were taken to Iran?
- NOTHING!

What has and/or will happen to Iran as a result of their act of war - kidnapping 15 Brit soldiers in Iraqi waters?
- NOTHING!!!

The Democrats always say to use Democracy and NOT force!

NOW Pelosi is undermining the Dimplomatic efforts and the U.S. foreign policy of NOT engaging in talks, negotiations, or visiting TERRORIST NATIONS!

Pelosi is committing treason by aiding and abetting terrorists AGAIN for personal politcal reasons!! She should be arrested, as a Federal/Public Representative, as soon as her friggin' feet touch down on American soil for breaking U.S. Foreign Policy, defying the President of the U.S., leader of our nation/Goverment, and for committing the act of treason - aiding and abetting the enemy!

I said it before, and I will say it again:

The ONLT message Pelosi will end up delivering to Syria is that George Bush will NEVER talk with, negotiate with, support, or even visit TERRORIST regimes....But Pelosi and the treasonous friggin' Democratic Party sure as HE!! will!

How dare she try to actually talk with these people instead of segregating them like Bush wants to do. Doesn't she know segregation and lack of diplomacy is the only way to reach peace?

There have been a number of senators that met with Syria over the past few years. Pelosi isn't doing anything new and I doubt she will accomplish anything new.

We now know that Teddy Kennedy met with and frequently sent messengers to meet with KGB, divulging secret conversations and information regarding what went on inside the White House when his brother was President/during the Cuban Missile Crisis, for which he received compensation!

We also KNOW Bill Clinton received millions in funds, deposited into his re-election campaingn account, that were traced back directly to the Chinese military after he assisted in helping the Chinese get the missile technology they lacked to build rockets that could carry their nukes finally to the United States!

Now you say we KNOW many other Seantors have gone to Syria lately, justifying/excusing them and Pelosi's betrayal.

The Democrats always preach - "Diplomacy 1st, NEVER war, & surrender/retreat if you're handed one!" They need to learn, however, that there is a big difference between Diplomacy and TREASON!

As I pointed out, the only thing Pelosi is doing, like the Democrats have been doing all along, is working with - aiding and abetting - TERRORISTS!

One of the reasons Iran, for example, continues to engage in terrorist activity - kidnapping, black-mailing, funding assassinations (Lebanon), goverment over-throws, and attacks on other nations to 'wipe them from the face of the earth' - is because they are never punished!

What happened to them as a result of kidnapping our people back in the 70s?
- Nothing!

What happened as a result of finding out that Iran assisted the 9/11 hijackers to get into our country un-noticed?
- Nothing!

What happened as a result of Iran's participation in assassinating Lebonese leaders in order to make Lebanon a puppet state and launching pad for attacks against Israel?
-- Nothing!

What happened as a result of it being exposed that Iran pumps $100+ Million a year into Hezbollah + weapons + troops to continue terrorist attacks against Israel?
- Nothing!

What happened as a result of the news that the kidnapping of the 4 Israelis that sparked the war between Israel and Hezbollah was planned in Iran, trained for in Iran, funded and manned partly in Iran, that the 4 soldiers were taken to Iran?
- NOTHING!

What has and/or will happen to Iran as a result of their act of war - kidnapping 15 Brit soldiers in Iraqi waters?
- NOTHING!!!

NOW Pelosi is undermining the Dimplomatic efforts and the U.S. foreign policy of NOT engaging in talks, negotiations, or visiting TERRORIST NATIONS!

Pelosi is committing treason by aiding and abetting terrorists AGAIN for personal politcal reasons!! She should be arrested, as a Federal/Public Representative, as soon as her friggin' feet touch down on American soil for breaking U.S. Foreign Policy, defying the President of the U.S., leader of our nation/Goverment, and for committing the act of treason - aiding and abetting the enemy!

I said it before, and I will say it again:

The ONLT message Pelosi will end up delivering to Syria is that George Bush will NEVER talk with, negotiate with, support, or even visit TERRORIST regimes....But Pelosi and the treasonous friggin' Democratic Party sure as HE!! will!

Not true at all. Bush called them the "axis of evil" (right after Iran had helped us out with intellegence and setting up a new government in Afganistan).

What more do you want?

We now know that Teddy Kennedy met with and frequently sent messengers to meet with KGB, divulging secret conversations and information regarding what went on inside the White House when his brother was President/during the Cuban Missile Crisis, for which he received compensation!

We also KNOW Bill Clinton received millions in funds, deposited into his re-election campaingn account, that were traced back directly to the Chinese military after he assisted in helping the Chinese get the missile technology they lacked to build rockets that could carry their nukes finally to the United States!

Now you say we KNOW many other Seantors have gone to Syria lately, justifying/excusing them and Pelosi's betrayal.

The Democrats always preach - "Diplomacy 1st, NEVER war, & surrender/retreat if you're handed one!" They need to learn, however, that there is a big difference between Diplomacy and TREASON!

Funny. I don't recall any Democrat ever preaching "NEVER war, & surrender/retreat if you're handed one!"

Funny. I don't recall any Democrat ever preaching "NEVER war, & surrender/retreat if you're handed one!"
Me either. I failed to receive my democrat translation book from the RNC this year. I am assuming it's in there. :roll:

Me either. I failed to receive my democrat translation book from the RNC this year. I am assuming it's in there. :roll:

: )

Nancy Pelosi has defied the Bush Administration and has broken his/the U.S. established policy regarding visiting terrorist states!

It isn't illegal to visit Syria, genius. As for meeting with Assad, that's nothing illegal either. I could meet with him, if he would see me.

easyt65 said:

Is your idea of "force" to put your fingers in your ears and say "LALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU SYRIA"? What exactly does that accomplish?

easyt65 said:
The ONLY message you - Pelosi - will successfully bring to the Terrorist Regime is that while the Bush Administration will NOT visit, negotiate, or work with TERRORIST Regimes - the Democrats, led by Nancy Pelosi, sure as HE!! will! :shock: :doh

The only diplomatic success that the Bush Administration has had in the past seven years - Libya - involved negotiating with a terrorist regime. That worked out pretty well, wouldn't you agree?

Moderator's Warning:
Moved to a more appropriate forum

Iriemon: Not true at all. Bush called them the "axis of evil". What more do you want?[/QUOTE]
How about Democrats that don't commit treason, like Kennedy, Clinton, and now Pelosi?! How about Democrats who don't just preach Diplomacy and handling issues Diplomatically but who also walk ti as well? How about politicians who don't have personal and party-1st agendas who put all that above National Policy and what is in the best interst for this country?

Iriemon: Funny. I don't recall any Democrat ever preaching "NEVER war, & surrender/retreat if you're handed one!"

Gibberish: Me either. I failed to receive my democrat translation book from the RNC this year. I am assuming it's in there.

Kandahar: The only diplomatic success that the Bush Administration has had in the past seven years - Libya - involved negotiating with a terrorist regime. That worked out pretty well, wouldn't you agree?!

The Democrats have preached that message with every action they have accomplished for years!

1st place the Democrats immediately cut after taking office, to make room for all their PORK, is the military. Their LACK of support for the military is astounding:
- Kerry: "I voted FOR the armor for the troops before I voted against it." :rofl
- Kerry: Calling our troops terrorists...
- Other Dems, like Durbin, who read what he THOUGHT was a classified report (so he intentionally read a classified document - meaning to break the law - in order to attack our troops) and called our troops the equivalent of Nazis and pol Pot regimists DURING A TIME OF WAR (TREAON - aiding and abetting the enemy while MEANING to break the law by reading inpublic what he thought was a classified coument!).

The Democrats have preached surrender, retreat, setting deadlines for pull-out, and even contemplated passing a bill that would cut funding for our nations troops WHILE they are in combat!

As far as Libya is concerned, the United States successfully 'negotiated' with Libya when we dropped several weapons into his living room killing his wife and other family members! After his reported nervous breakdown, it was remarkable how quickly he turned over a new leaf!

So not only does she want to be the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs she now believes she should be Secretary of State.

Evidently Madame Chair-woman/Speaker of the House is more important/powerful than the office of the President as well as those jobs! :roll:

Evidently....

:rofl

Probably because she has the backing of the majority of Americans.

The Democrats have preached surrender, retreat, setting deadlines for pull-out, and even contemplated passing a bill that would cut funding for our nations troops WHILE they are in combat!

It's fun to make inaccurate generalizations.

The Republicans have preached war, hatred, bigotry, terror, killing and destruction, that has accomplished nothing be creating more terrorists.

It's time someone took a different approach.

The brilliant Professor Thomas Sowell once again nails it.

Congressman Tom Lantos, who is a member of the delegation that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is leading to Syria, put the mission clearly when he said: "We have an alternative Democratic foreign policy."
Democrats can have any foreign policy they want -- if and when they are elected to the White House.

Until Nancy Pelosi came along, it was understood by all that we had only one president at a time and -- like him or not -- he alone had the Constitutional authority to speak for this country to foreign nations, especially in wartime.
All that Pelosi's trip can accomplish is to advertise American disunity to a terrorist-sponsoring nation in the Middle East while we are in a war there. That in turn can only embolden the Syrians to exploit the lack of unified resolve in Washington by stepping up their efforts to destabilize Iraq and the Middle East in general.

Townhall.com::playing With Fire::By Thomas Sowell

The only thing that really bothered me about her visit is that she wore something over her head.

That's not a message you send to these people. You're a United States congresswoman. You do NOT kowtow to their regional bigotry towards woman while there.

If she wants to visit... fine... No problems. But if you do that represent the US with PRIDE. If I were her even given her age, I'd wear a short skirt... or maybe pants.

I sure as hell wouldn't dress up like a muslim woman.
capt.xhm10204031738.mideast_syria_us_pelosi_xhm102.jpg

This is really just so disappointing...

Last edited:
The only thing that really bothered me about her visit is that she wore something over her head.

That's not a message you send to these people. You're a United States congresswoman. You do NOT kowtow to their regional bigotry towards woman while there.

If she wants to visit... fine... No problems. But if you do that represent the US with PRIDE. If I were her even given her age, I'd wear a short skirt... or maybe pants.

I sure as hell wouldn't dress up like a muslim woman.
capt.xhm10204031738.mideast_syria_us_pelosi_xhm102.jpg

This is really just so disappointing...

I disagree. I think she did that for respect of the muslim religion. If I were to travel to that part of the country, I'd respect their beliefs and wear a scarf. You can still represent the US and have respect for other countries and beliefs at the same time.

Do you think these Islamic Extremists would 'respect' our religeon and traditions if they visited us? Hardly!

Strength is a BIG thing in the Middle East. The moment Pelosi stepped out into public with that rag on her head, these guys were spinning it as an act of Submission to Islamic Law, weakness on the part of an American Political Leader not willing to stand up for her disagreement with the Middle East culture of degrading and lowering the status of women - instead of embracing the idea os women being lower than men, etc by wearing a scarf she should have walked boldly like Rice does.

In diplomacy, especially in the Middle East, it is essential that both sides respect each others custome and that neither one is willing to sacrifice their own culture/beliefs/practices to appease the other - MUTUAL RESPECT! Pelosi sacrificed her position/beliefs by wearing the scarf - THAT is how the Muslim Extremists will spin this!

She $crewed up 1st, violating the Logan Act, by meeting with the Syrian goverment/President, and her second mistake was going there with her hat in hand, kowtowing to their religeous beliefs/practices while sacrificing her own, something they would NEVER do!

She is a joke, her trip was illegal - a violation of the Logan act, and she and the Republicans who did the same thing should face repercussions as soon as they get home!

Do you think these Islamic Extremists would 'respect' our religeon and traditions if they visited us? Hardly!

So we should treat them as they would treat us? I thought we were supposed to be better then them and more civil?

Strength is a BIG thing in the Middle East. The moment Pelosi stepped out into public with that rag on her head, these guys were spinning it as an act of Submission to Islamic Law, weakness on the part of an American Political Leader not willing to stand up for her disagreement with the Middle East culture of degrading and lowering the status of women - instead of embracing the idea os women being lower than men, etc by wearing a scarf she should have walked boldly like Rice does.

In diplomacy, especially in the Middle East, it is essential that both sides respect each others custome and that neither one is willing to sacrifice their own culture/beliefs/practices to appease the other - MUTUAL RESPECT! Pelosi sacrificed her position/beliefs by wearing the scarf - THAT is how the Muslim Extremists will spin this!

The Muslim extremists don't need to spin anything. They have people that think as you do to do it for them.

She $crewed up 1st, violating the Logan Act, by meeting with the Syrian goverment/President, and her second mistake was going there with her hat in hand, kowtowing to their religeous beliefs/practices while sacrificing her own, something they would NEVER do!

She is a joke, her trip was illegal - a violation of the Logan act, and she and the Republicans who did the same thing should face repercussions as soon as they get home!

Then I would expect her to be arrested the moment she gets back to the US. If she doesn't then maybe it's not as illegal as you think.

So we should treat them as they would treat us? I thought we were supposed to be better then them and more civil?
1. Know your enemy!

2. Reagan knew the best way to prevent aggression against you is to demonstrate STRENGTH! You do NOT sacrifice your own beliefs/culture for anyone.That is part of the problem with Democrats - they are willing to compromise exactly what it is that makes us who we are - Americans - in order not to offend someone. They have fully embraCed this DISEASE that is 'PC' to the point where they will do ANYTHING to avoid conflict and the possibility of making anyone else mad or hurting their feelings! Republicans - true conservaites - believe in the Shakespearean quote 'To thine own self be true' and refuse to sacrifice our values and morals to be chameleons willing to morph into anything to appease people - especially people who have sworn to kill every man, woman, and child American - to destroy our nation! You can be CIVIL without sacrificing your own beliefs and identity! You can be CIVIL without surrendering or kowtowing to an enemy in order to appease them!

The Muslim extremists don't need to spin anything. They have people that think as you do to do it for them.
- The United kingdom presented un-disputable evidence before the U.N. that proved Iran kidnapped the 15 Brit soldiers from IRAQI waters - an act of war - and then we had to watch their continuous ridiculous BS for days as they 'professed' to the world about how the UK was at fault.

Iran said they were not involved in the Israeli-Hezbollah war. Koffi Anon declared Iran was not involved in the Israeli-Hezbollah war. MEANWHILE, not only were Iranian soldiers, fighting with Hezbollah against Israel, being captured by Israelis during the war, captured Hezbollah fighters were bragging about how Iranian soldiers were in Lebanon fighting on behalf of Hezbollah AND that the whole plan to kidnap the 4 Israeli solders was concoted, planned, trained for, armed, supplied, and even manned in Iran. The 4 Israelis were taken TO IRAN!

Oh, you're absolutely right - Iran doesn't lie and spin stuff! It is obviously Americans like ME who are wrong and at fault! :shock:

GOD, WHY do you freakin' Liberals make excuses for countries who commit terrorist acts, acts of war, and SWEAR they will destroy this country and kill us all?! :confused: :(

Then I would expect her to be arrested the moment she gets back to the US. If she doesn't then maybe it's not as illegal as you think.

There is another Liberal Pet Peeve of mine:

"If we aren't charged and convicted of a crime, then no crime was committed!" :shock: WTF?

Several years ago, a Democratic Senator was PROVEN to have had sex with under-aged pages! Not only did he NOT get arrested, not only did he NOT get punished, but he also got to keep his Senatorial seat! :shock:

The LAW - the Logan Act - clearly defines the illegal act that IS being committed. BY LAW a criminal act is being perpetrated. Similar to battery, etc... cases - if a complaint is not sometimes filed against the offender then a prosecution/conviction can not happen - BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN THE CRIME NEVER TOOK PLACE!

I disagree. I think she did that for respect of the muslim religion. If I were to travel to that part of the country, I'd respect their beliefs and wear a scarf. You can still represent the US and have respect for other countries and beliefs at the same time.
No, she's a head of state. Do the saudis respect western dress? No. They are the Kingdom. They say "I am a king/prince of the house of Saud and I lower my self to nothing but God".

We are the United States. Where ever I go I am the United States ESPECIALLY if I am US rep. And the United States doesn't wear that trash. Show some god damned dignity.

Back
Top Bottom