• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Pelosi defends election results: 'It was a great victory'

NatMorton

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
While the often reality-challenged Donald Trump may be leaving Washington, we'll still have Nancy.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Friday defended the Democrats' underperformance at the polls this year, arguing that voter turnout for House Democrats — because it surpassed that for President Trump — marked "a great victory" for the party despite the loss of seats in the lower chamber.
"Did you know that House Democrats got nearly 2 million more votes than Donald Trump?" she asked reporters in the Capitol. "Everybody turned out and it was a great victory — a mandate."

While the often reality-challenged Donald Trump may be leaving Washington, we'll still have Nancy.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Friday defended the Democrats' underperformance at the polls this year, arguing that voter turnout for House Democrats — because it surpassed that for President Trump — marked "a great victory" for the party despite the loss of seats in the lower chamber.

"Did you know that House Democrats got nearly 2 million more votes than Donald Trump?" she asked reporters in the Capitol. "Everybody turned out and it was a great victory — a mandate."

King Pyrrhus of Epirus's victories over the Romans were pretty great too. He had the good sense not to brag about them however. The Democrats were expecting to gain seats, not lose them.

Not sure what constitutes "great" but it was obviously a victory. The Dems won the House.

It was a great victory....except the part where you LOST House seats!

So, you are implying that the Dems lost the house or something? They won it, it was a win. Do you understand what a win is?

So, you are implying that the Dems lost the house or something? They won it, it was a win. Do you understand what a win is?

It was a win, but it wasn't a 'great victory' but I suppose she has to sell it to keep her position.

It was a win, but it wasn't a 'great victory' but I suppose she has to sell it to keep her position.
It’s obvious Democrats don’t understand the difference between a gross victory and a net victory.

Biden winning was a net victory. Trump winning was a gross victory. Very gross!

🤔

(y)
We’re speaking of the House here, correct? In the 2022 elections, get ready for dozens of DEM House election losses due to Redistricting and Lost State Legislatures for decades, Reapportionment, 1st term losses for a POTUS, running against Pelosi, a fractured DEM caucus, and motions to recommit by the minority Repubs. I’ve been voting for Democrats since 1972.

Yes, and I can tell you with all sincerity that I hope they have a few more "wins" just like it.

they forgot to have a great victory in the statehouses. good luck fighting the gerrymandering for the next decade. either way, at least Tweety lost and the house stayed not Republican.

Hopefully Pelosi will not be too far behind Trump in exiting D.C.
As long as she takes McConnell with her, but I fear their replacements have the potential to be as divisive or even more divisive. It seems to be the direction Congress has been going for roughly 25 years.

They held it, technically.

Yes, reminds me of the old business cliche: sure, we're losing 2% on every sale, but we'll make it up on volume.
That is stupid if it reminds you of that. The correct analogy would be that you are still making profit

Back
Top Bottom