• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi calls for investigation regarding mosque funding

Compatibilist

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Nancy Pelosi calls for investigation into the funding of ground zero mosque. The funding of the oppostition to the mosque. I don't get it... she's got to be completely out of touch with the overwhelming majority of americans?? I think nearly 70% of americans are for locating this mosque elsewhere.

AUDIO - Rep. Pelosi calls for investigation of WTC mosque opposition - Washington Times

The above was yesterday and believe she has since backtracked [after outrage] and called to also look into building fund supporters.

Nancy Pelosi calls for investigation into the funding of ground zero mosque. The funding of the oppostition to the mosque. I don't get it... she's got to be completely out of touch with the overwhelming majority of americans?? I think nearly 70% of americans are for locating this mosque elsewhere.

AUDIO - Rep. Pelosi calls for investigation of WTC mosque opposition - Washington Times

The above was yesterday and believe she has since backtracked [after outrage] and called to also look into building fund supporters.

There's another thread on this somewhere but I didn't know anything about any back tracking. Is she back tracking enough to call for an investigation of the Imam's funds?

Just because 70% of Americans don't like it doesn't mean that they don't have the right to build a mosque there. End of disscusion.

Just because 70% of Americans don't like it doesn't mean that they don't have the right to build a mosque there. End of disscusion.

1. Nobody is questioning whether they have the right to build it there.

2. That has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

wtf???????????

You heard him. End of discussion. What is your problem? You must be an Islamiphobe, Homophobe, Racist, illiterate Right wing militant tea bagger if you don't see the wisdom in ending this discussion.

You heard him. End of discussion. What is your problem? You must be an Islamiphobe, Homophobe, Racist, illiterate Right wing militant tea bagger if you don't see the wisdom in ending this discussion.

True enough. Nothing upholds the spirit of the First Amendment better than telling people to shut up.

So why is it, in the absence of sufficient evidence or suspicion to actually initiate a criminal investigation the Park51 project, it's okay for some people to demand private information about that project, and yet it's not okay to demand similar data of the opposition to Park51?

Why is what's good for the goose not good for the gander?

What is YOUR problem?

I see we're down to juvenile name calling now??? What ever I am... I'm consistant. You flow which ever way the wind blows.

BTW... I believe the end of discussion is when the postings stop or the thread is closed.... which i hope is soon.

I don't get it... she's got to be completely out of touch with the overwhelming majority of americans?? I think nearly 70% of americans are for locating this mosque elsewhere.
This is not mob rule. What about that do you NOT understand?

cute-puppy-pictures-blah-blah-talking.jpg

calm down. have a drink of cool water. and let yourself see what is before you.

the two positions are not incompatible - supporting both is not 'backtracking'. Pelosi has expressed, as millions have, the RIGHT of any religion to build places of worship equally. She has also stated that the issue of WHERE is a local matter... in this case, it is up to the State of NY. Very republican of her, eh?

she thinks that there are good reasons to question WHO and WHY there is such contention over the issue... whose agenda is being propagated.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Wednesday morning called for “transparency” in the funding behind a planned Islamic community center and mosque being built blocks from ground zero. But she also said there should be similar openness about the money behind conservative attacks aimed at thwarting the project.
source:politico
simple really. nothing nefarious here. move along.
geo.

Last edited:
calm down. have a drink of cool water. and let yourself see what is before you.

the two positions are not incompatible - supporting both is not 'backtracking'. Pelosi has expressed, as millions have, the RIGHT of any religion to build places of worship equally. She has also stated that the issue of WHERE is a local matter... in this case, it is up to the State of NY. Very republican of her, eh?

she thinks that there are good reasons to question WHO and WHY there is such contention over the issue... whose agenda is being propagated.

source:politico
simple really. nothing nefarious here. move along.
geo.

I do believe this is more left stream media trickery.
Pelosi said on the 17th that there needed to be an investigation into those protesting the Mosque. She was curious about where the funding was coming from. Funding for protesters? She thinks 70% of Americans must be getting paid from someone? Talk about conspiracy theories.Anyway That's not my point. She said this while standing outside somewhere on a windy day, on or before the 17th.
I believe it was the 18th where she must have backtracked and ADDED that the FUNDING FOR the Mosqe should also be investigated. Wouldn't you think that should be the first thing we investigated? I mean that's what a lot of the protester were upset about. The fact that we don't know where the money is coming from is something to worry about.

I do believe this is more left stream media trickery.
Pelosi said on the 17th that there needed to be an investigation into those protesting the Mosque. She was curious about where the funding was coming from. Funding for protesters? She thinks 70% of Americans must be getting paid from someone? Talk about conspiracy theories.Anyway That's not my point. She said this while standing outside somewhere on a windy day, on or before the 17th.
I believe it was the 18th where she must have backtracked and ADDED that the FUNDING FOR the Mosqe should also be investigated. Wouldn't you think that should be the first thing we investigated? I mean that's what a lot of the protester were upset about. The fact that we don't know where the money is coming from is something to worry about.

If memory serves me, she added that the mosque funding should be investigated the next day. She never retracted her statement about investigating those who opposed the mosque being built near ground zero.

This is the wrong strategy. All the democrats need to do is repeat the 1st amendment over, and over. No more no less. Especially in an election year.

It's kind of difficult to do when they're not particularly mindful of it in other areas, such as in their war on Fox News.

Besides, what does it have to do with the election?

Last edited:
If memory serves me, she added that the mosque funding should be investigated the next day. She never retracted her statement about investigating those who opposed the mosque being built near ground zero.
Yes that's what I meant. But I think she only added the mosque funding the next day. for political reasons. A lot of people were complaining (probably only on Fox) and talk radio, about her wanting to investigate those protesting and not mentioning investigating the Imam or the Mosque funding. Then she decides to come out and change her tune somewhat the next day.

Actually, she said she "joins those" who call for investigating who's funding the protests. Who are these others?

It's kind of difficult to do when they're not particularly mindful of it in other areas, such as in their war on Fox News.

Besides, what does it have to do with the election?

What "war" on Fox news.

The majority of people are against the mosque, no reason to have an opinion on it that isn't backed by law.

Actually, she said she "joins those" who call for investigating who's funding the protests. Who are these others?

I wonder who THOSE are. Maybe we need to do an investigation. :)

What "war" on Fox news.

The majority of people are against the mosque, no reason to have an opinion on it that isn't backed by law.

Liberals want to silence Fox. They can't take the heat, so they want to shut them up instead. Free speech for everyone but those on the right.

Liberals want to silence Fox. They can't take the heat, so they want to shut them up instead. Free speech for everyone but those on the right.
Free speech goes both ways, sweetie.

You may have the freedom to speak as you wish, but I also have the freedom to call you an idiot for your statements. The same goes for FOX, criticizing FOX isnt the same as wanting to shut them down. I think the world would be better off without them, but I have no interest in seeking to shut them down.

Proof?

Also there is a difference of wanting to silence Fox, and criticizing them for their obvious bias.

What "war" on Fox news.

:rofl

The majority of people are against the mosque

They're not against the mosque. They think the mosque should be located elsewhere. No one is saying they can't build it.

The First Amendment was never an issue here.

no reason to have an opinion on it that isn't backed by law.

That may be one of the dumbest things said about people who live in a free society. Really, quite staggeringly anti-intellectual and anti-freedom.

How many opinions do YOU have which don't quite match up to current law? I guess you're going to have to shed yourself of them.

You should probably read all the Fox News hate threads HERE, for starters.

Also there is a difference of wanting to silence Fox, and criticizing them for their obvious bias.

Yeah. The exact same difference as wanting to shut down the mosque, and saying that they should exercise their right elsewhere out of sensitivity.

Back
Top Bottom