• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#995]Pelosi banned from receiving communion in San Francisco archdiocese over her position on abortion

Pelosi should tell the archdiocese to take a hike.
- all contributions to the church will be stopped.
-find another church that is more reasonable.
- tell the Pope to have a good day.

Never been a catholic. Never been a fan of large organized religion.
I'm sure the church could give a rip about her evil tithe

1 Corinthians 11:26–29 — The New International Version (NIV)​

26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.
27 So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.

I don't care what the Pope says. I applaud the decision
You don't care about the proclamations from the Vatican and the directive from the Supreme Pastor of the Catholic church? Be careful during lightning storms. 🌩️

You squandered an opportunity to admit the truth... you want office holders to betray their oaths of office when it suits you,
and burn in hell if they refuse to betray their oaths of office when you demand that they be true to their religious beliefs instead
of to their sworn oaths as federal office holders.

Here, post it, it shouldn't be that difficult,
"I am craven, incoherent."
I don't care what they do, but this Archdiocese does.

But it isn't political.

But it is hypocritical and a play for attention.. The archbishop will relent and "retire"... count on it.. The last thing the US Bishops want is a public pissing match with congress

Last edited:
Maybe this, maybe that.

Start a new thread.

This one is about Pelosi being denied holy communion because in this particular Archbishop's eyes, she defies the Church's teachings on life starting at conception.

Should Catholic women who defy the churches teachings on birth control be denied communion. Both abortion and artificial birth control are mortal sins for Catholics. Conception has nothing to do with the Catholic churches position on artificial birth control.

I'm sure the church could give a rip about her evil tithe

1 Corinthians 11:26–29 — The New International Version (NIV)​

26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.
27 So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.

and you are entitled to your opinion

I for one could give a rip what the Catholic church says. I am not a member.

and you are entitled to your opinion

I for one could give a rip what the Catholic church says. I am not a member.
Then your opinion doesn't matter in this case does it. The Church has rules and those in the church are bound by their faith and membership to abide by the rules of their religion.

Turning more people from god every day. Great job kid ****ing hypocrites.

Then your opinion doesn't matter in this case does it. The Church has rules and those in the church are bound by their faith and membership to abide by the rules of their religion.

Were you aware the church also prohibits vasectomies and tubal ligations?

It's kind of ironic because communion is a sacrament remembering Jesus's last meal. A meal to which Judas himself was invited.

For many are called, but few are chosen.

Which is why the Catholic church is shrinking rapidly in the US and the rest of the developed world. Unfortunately, non-Catholics don't tend to place an offering in the collection plate...

The only thing that matter is between Pelosi and the Church. I gave an opinion, just like you have.
Didn't the Church rule that Biden can partake in communion?

It's kind of ironic because communion is a sacrament remembering Jesus's last meal. A meal to which Judas himself was invited.

And after he had partaken he refused to repent. So?

"Cordileone had requested to meet with Pelosi six separate times and her office didn’t respond or told him she was busy."
She blew him off. Ignored his contact.
Maybe Pelosi decided she no longer wants to be a practicing Catholic? Perhaps we will know should she keep yammering in public with abortion rights for women for any reason. The church considers Pelosi to be in a grave state of sin according to the Church's Catechism.

She would first have to sincerely confess her sins, and take penance and denounce the pro-choice stance, and then her sins would be forgiven. After penance, she can again begin to receive the sacrament of Holy Communion.

It's up to her as to what she wants to do.

Back
Top Bottom