• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#995]Pelosi banned from receiving communion in San Francisco archdiocese over her position on abortion

You're lying about me lying about the Pope. Do you think the AB would take a step like this without informing his superior?
I just posted a link above about a Catholic priest in a small town in SC denying communion to Biden. Do you really think he called the Vatican about it?

Keep in mind, artificial contraception is a mortal sin for Catholics...

(CNN) - The conservative archbishop of San Francisco, Salvatore Cordileone, says House Speaker Nancy Pelosi may no longer receive the holy sacrament of Communion in the archdiocese, because she supports abortion rights.

In a letter to Pelosi released Friday afternoon, the archbishop wrote that he had informed the California Democrat that "should you not publically repudiate your advocacy for abortion 'rights' or else refrain from referring to your Catholic faith in public and receiving Holy Communion, I would have no choice but to make a declaration, in keeping with canon 915, that you are not to be admitted to Holy Communion."

"As you have not publically repudiated your position on abortion, and continue to refer to your Catholic faith in justifying your position and to receive Holy Communion, that time has now come," he continued. "Therefore, in light of my responsibility as the Archbishop of San Francisco to be 'concerned for all the Christian faithful entrusted to [my] care' (Code of Canon Law, can. 383, §1), by means of this communication I am hereby notifying you that you are not to present yourself for Holy Communion and, should you do so, you are not to be admitted to Holy Communion, until such time as you publically repudiate your advocacy for the legitimacy of abortion and confess and receive absolution of this grave sin in the sacrament of Penance."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/20/poli...abortion-san-francisco-archdiocese/index.html

—————

Interesting move. I wonder if we’ll see more of this in the coming months.
He is talking about Ms. Pelosi's "soul" publicly? What has he said publicly about Cyrus's AKA Trump's "soul"?

https://twitter.com/mcnees

"As bishops arrange a political scheme to deny communion to Joe Biden, remember that the National Catholic Prayer Breakfast gave Bill Barr their “Faithful Christian Laity” Award on a day that fell between two Federal executions he scheduled, a month before the 2020 election."
Robert McNees
·Jun 19, 2021

Last edited:
I just posted a link above about a Catholic priest in a small town in SC denying communion to Biden. Do you really think he called the Vatican about it?

No, he spoke with his Bishop or Archbishop about it.

(CNN) - The conservative archbishop of San Francisco, Salvatore Cordileone, says House Speaker Nancy Pelosi may no longer receive the holy sacrament of Communion in the archdiocese, because she supports abortion rights.

In a letter to Pelosi released Friday afternoon, the archbishop wrote that he had informed the California Democrat that "should you not publically repudiate your advocacy for abortion 'rights' or else refrain from referring to your Catholic faith in public and receiving Holy Communion, I would have no choice but to make a declaration, in keeping with canon 915, that you are not to be admitted to Holy Communion."

"As you have not publically repudiated your position on abortion, and continue to refer to your Catholic faith in justifying your position and to receive Holy Communion, that time has now come," he continued. "Therefore, in light of my responsibility as the Archbishop of San Francisco to be 'concerned for all the Christian faithful entrusted to [my] care' (Code of Canon Law, can. 383, §1), by means of this communication I am hereby notifying you that you are not to present yourself for Holy Communion and, should you do so, you are not to be admitted to Holy Communion, until such time as you publically repudiate your advocacy for the legitimacy of abortion and confess and receive absolution of this grave sin in the sacrament of Penance."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/20/poli...abortion-san-francisco-archdiocese/index.html

—————

Theological question from a non-Catholic: What is the Church's position on priests who rape children receiving communion? Is that OK?

Theological question from a non-Catholic: What is the Church's position on priests who rape children receiving communion? Is that OK?

After confession and atonement, yes...

Pelosi is the one who keeps talking about abortion publicly, forcing access for all women, and apparently believes it's okay to make a mockery out of the Catholic Church's guidance from the Pontifical Council for the Family.
The Pontifical Council likens abortion to murder. Finally, we have found an Archbishop who talks the talk, and walks the walk. He gave her a choice. Let's see if her faith means more than her politics. If the former does, and she stops saying abortion is okay, she can again receive communion and be in good standing with the church.

No, he spoke with his Bishop or Archbishop about it.
Oh, come on. And they told him it was okay to run to the local newspaper to crow about what he did? Get real.

You have no evidence that either action was approved from above and the Pope's own public statements don't support denying communion for political reasons.

Last edited:
Pelosi is the one who keeps talking about abortion publicly, forcing access for all women, and apparently believes it's okay to make a mockery out of the Catholic Church's guidance from the Pontifical Council for the Family/ The Pontifical Council likens abortion to murder. Finally, we have found a priest who talks the talk, and walks the walk. He gave her a choice. Let's see if her faith means more than her politics. If the former does, and she stops saying abortion is okay, she can again receive communion and be in good standing with the church.

Is the Catholic church denying communion to women who use artificial brith control? The use of artificial birth control is a mortal sin for Catholics. What about Catholic supreme court justices who support the death penalty? Should they be denied communion for not voting to spare those facing a death penalty?

Pelosi is the one who keeps talking about abortion publicly, forcing access for all women, and apparently believes it's okay to make a mockery out of the Catholic Church's guidance from the Pontifical Council for the Family/ The Pontifical Council likens abortion to murder. Finally, we have found a priest who talks the talk, and walks the walk. He gave her a choice. Let's see if her faith means more than her politics. If the former does, and she stops saying abortion is okay, she can again receive communion and be in good standing with the church.
You really think this is a good argument? Pelosi is not a religious leader. I doubt you'd support a church dictating your political opinions.

—————

Just because you're religious doesn't mean you're not a dick. Wonder what the pope will say about it?
“What must the pastor do?” Francis said when a reporter asked him about the subject. “Be a pastor, don’t go condemning.”

The supposed holy leader did this..
"In October, a law firm named 135 priests linked to the Catholic diocese in San Francisco who have been accused of sexual abuse. Cordileone has not released such a list, though the archbishop was expected to decide whether to name priests who have been credibly accused by the end of November."

A pig in archbishops clothing is still a pig. Does he honestly believe he is acting like a Christian?

She doesn't care. She has her booze and her ice cream.

Well, not that I care for Pelosi at all but if that is how it is going to be the Church has their alter boys.

The CC is not getting into politics. It's practicing its religion which is protected by the first amendment.

Should supreme court justices who do not use their position to prevent the death penalty be denied communion?

The CC is not getting into politics. It's practicing its religion which is protected by the first amendment.
So are they also condemning at the adulterers, all those who choose to have sex before marriage and all those who use contraception? I bet it would be a pretty empty church.

Back
Top Bottom