• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi Attacks Judicial Branch; Questions Courts Ethics

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
As far as I know, the Justices can do as they like and as such don't have to follow any rules.
While I don't think Thomas should resign I do think they should think carefully about optics and recuse themselves when they have family or close friends who strongly advocate for a position on a contentious political issue.
The court needs to be beyond reproach and Thomas will now always face claims that his vote was swayed by his wife.

Just as FDR almost did with the Court-packing scheme of 1937. Politicians need to realize they can't thrown a tantrum any time they don't get their way.

Interestingly, the Court started sided with him more after his court-packing scheme.

Interestingly, the Court started sided with him more after his court-packing scheme.
You are certainly right and I have nothing good to say about the pre-1937 Court striking down Depression-era legislation. I think the Court is wise to be guided by election returns, though not dictated by them.

LMAO.. A code of ethics would be a constitutional crisis? You do realize the house can impeach a sitting justice, correct?
The House can, but it would be pointless. They proved that with Donald I Was Impeached Twice and Got 70 Million Votes Trump.

The House can, but it would be pointless. They proved that with Donald I Was Impeached Twice and Got 70 Million Votes Trump.

They could put out a lot of evidence while pursuing an impeachment.

Pelosi responds to calls for Justice Clarence Thomas to resign from Supreme Court

Their ethical standard?? - Oaths of Office

Pelosi is dangerously close to instigating a constitutional crisis by calling into question the legitimacy of the entire Judicial Branch.
????? LMAO

tell us you have no clue about the american court system, code of ethics and SCOTUS without telling us you have no clue about the american court system, code of ethics and SCOTUS without telling us
holy instant fail like usual
😂🍿

LMAO.. A code of ethics would be a constitutional crisis? You do realize the house can impeach a sitting justice, correct?
And in this case definitely should.

Well, that's the goal, isn't it? Delegitimize the court and tear it down, then build it up into a Democrat Super PAC.

Their ultimate goal is to repeal/replace the Constitution and dissolve/reform gov't because founding father slave owners.

Pelosi responds to calls for Justice Clarence Thomas to resign from Supreme Court

Their ethical standard?? - Oaths of Office

Pelosi is dangerously close to instigating a constitutional crisis by calling into question the legitimacy of the entire Judicial Branch.
That isnt an attack.

Don't be ridiculous.

And Clarence Thomas is dangerously close to instigating a constitutional crisis by bringing the legitimacy of the entire judicial branch in to question by unethically refusing to recuse himself in such an obvious case when every judge below Supreme Court would have been required to.

That is precisely her point.

You tried to turn it on its head.

Nutty Nancy shoots her mouth off again? This coming from the Liberal slagheap who had zero problem with Congress Critters committing stock trading indiscretions.
Of which Nutty Nancy herself is involved in.

As far as I know, the Justices can do as they like and as such don't have to follow any rules.
While I don't think Thomas should resign I do think they should think carefully about optics and recuse themselves when they have family or close friends who strongly advocate for a position on a contentious political issue.
The court needs to be beyond reproach and Thomas will now always face claims that his vote was swayed by his wife.
Approval rating polls for the SCOTUS is at the lowest it's ever been. The unfortunate side of this is it has passed the point of being taken as anything other than partisan playground.

@Roadvirus @LetsGoBrandon -

Speaker of the House calls out Power Couple Longdong Thomas and Tinni Ginni for obstructing justice and Trumper Right Wing Nuts respond with whataboutism and by using pejoratives to describe the Speaker.

Dem Chumpers Rock! Put their Epitome of Stupidity on full display!

@Roadvirus @LetsGoBrandon -

Speaker of the House calls out Power Couple Longdong Thomas and Tinni Ginni for obstructing justice and Trumper Right Wing Nuts respond with whataboutism and by using pejoratives to describe the Speaker.

Dem Chumpers Rock! Put their Epitome of Stupidity on full display!
Sounds like an acute case of TDS.

Back
Top Bottom