• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi Attacks Judicial Branch; Questions Courts Ethics

TDS? Like the syndrome afflicting those who supported the Stop The Steal Movement and the 1/6/22 assault on Congress? Like Tinni Ginni trying to rally momentum to pull off a Coup d’etat?
At least no congress critters were harmed in the 1-6 riot. Can't say the same for the Bernie Sanders supporter who attempted to assassinate every republican congressman in sight at a congressional baseball prctice.

At least no congress critters were harmed in the 1-6 riot. Can't say the same for the Bernie Sanders supporter who attempted to assassinate every republican congressman in site at a congressional baseball prctice.
But many Patriotic Capitol LEOs were indeed harmed on 1/6/2021---both physically and mentally, in their efforts to prevent "congress critters" from being harmed, correct?

But many Patriotic Capitol LEOs were indeed harmed on 1/6/2021---both physically and mentally, correct?
I am not defending the rioters of 1-6. Just pointing out that the Bernie Sanders attempt to assassinate every republican congressman in sight was much much worse.

I am not defending the rioters of 1-6. Just pointing out that the Bernie Sanders attempt to assassinate every republican congressman in sight was much much worse.
Is that a YES or a NO to the question posed regarding 1/6/2021 and Capitol LEOs being harmed?

Gabrielle Giffords can tell you a story about a deranged gunman.

Chump supporter Stephen Paddock also demonstrated a lot of angst when he went berserk on a crowd of people attending an outside concert.

Chump supporter Cesar Sayoc blamed his anger on steroids and mental illness.

The list goes on and on. Crazy people camp out on both sides of the aisle.

Gabrielle Giffords can tell you a story about a deranged gunman.
Her shooter turned out to be a librul.
Chump supporter Stephen Paddock also demonstrated a lot of angst when he went berserk on a crowd of people attending an outside concert.
Paddock claimed no political affiliation, however I find it extremely doubtful that he was a conservative or a Trump supporter. The concert his victims attended was country and western, which is typically conservative. He may have been targeting what he considered Trump supporters.
Chump supporter Cesar Sayoc blamed his anger on steroids and mental illness.
Clearly a right wing nutcase.
The list goes on and on. Crazy people camp out on both sides of the aisle.
Agreed, however the majority appear to be of the left

Her shooter turned out to be a librul.

Paddock claimed no political affiliation, however I find it extremely doubtful that he was a conservative or a Trump supporter. The concert his victims attended was country and western, which is typically conservative. He may have been targeting what he considered Trump supporters.

Clearly a right wing nutcase.

Agreed, however the majority appear to be of the left
Maybe relying on Alternative Facts makes you feel better?

Google Loughner and Paddock.

Except the shooter wasn't part of the political opposition.
Research Loughner. I believe he registered as Independent, expressed strong Anti-government sentiment and mental illness factored heavily into his trial.

Research Loughner. I believe he registered as Independent, expressed strong Anti-government sentiment and mental illness factored heavily into his trial.
But he still wasn't the Far Righter he was portrayed in the beginning.

TDS? Like the syndrome afflicting those who supported the Stop The Steal Movement and the 1/6/22 assault on Congress? Like Tinni Ginni trying to rally momentum to pull off a Coup d’etat?

Not sure about that one.

But TDS is pretty evident. Go see a doctor.

As far as I know, the Justices can do as they like and as such don't have to follow any rules.
While I don't think Thomas should resign I do think they should think carefully about optics and recuse themselves when they have family or close friends who strongly advocate for a position on a contentious political issue.
The court needs to be beyond reproach and Thomas will now always face claims that his vote was swayed by his wife.
If one goes by the Constitution, Article III states “The judges, both of the supreme and inferior courts shall hold their offices during good behavior…” So what is good behavior? That’s is left to the congress to decide. The congress has the power of impeachment and removal of judges, all civil officers according to section 4, article II.

History shows 15 federal judges have been impeached, 8 were convicted and removed.

https://ballotpedia.org/Impeachment...eachment of judges,before an outcome at trial.

As for reclusal, I think all judges should recluse themselves when there may be a conflict of interest. Reclusal though, rarely happens.

She has been gut stomping the GQP for decades....

Gut stomping is a good description of her political actions.

And of other thugs as they work.

Back
Top Bottom