• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi asks Trump to reschedule SOTU because of the shutdown

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The House speaker is citing security concerns, but Democrats also don't want to give Trump a platform to blame them for the shutdown.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019...ump-to-reschedule-state-of-the-union-address-

Trump should tell Pelosi to shove it....Not only is he going to give it, but I hope he stands up there and highlights every childish thing Pelosi and here ilk are doing, or shall I say NOT doing about this shutdown....

Sounds like she is starting to see the American people seeing through her's and Schmucky's BS, and are placing blame where it belongs....ON THEM.

Trump should tell Pelosi to shove it....Not only is he going to give it, but I hope he stands up there and highlights every childish thing Pelosi and here ilk are doing, or shall I say NOT doing about this shutdown....

Sounds like she is starting to see the American people seeing through her's and Schmucky's BS, and are placing blame where it belongs....ON THEM.

I mean, if he was stuck talking about childish acts, he would need a few hours to list his own.

lol

The whole pot calling the kettle black here, it's pretty funny.

Not only should he give it he should not release it to the press ahead of time. Make them all react to it live.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That sounds like a good plan: double down on the hissy fit. You have a career as a political adviser.

Speaking of down...

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2593

...and when Trump was talking about 3% economic growth, was there a "-" in front of the "3"?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...utdown-jamie-dimon-next-recession/2580766002/

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/15/us/politics/government-shutdown-economy.html

Um, "Economic contraction"? Isn't that a deep recession.

This is not a winner for Trump. He better find himself and exit and take it.

Last edited:

I hope he does. Any rebuttal will tear him a new one. This is HIS shutdown. He said so himself.

No taxpayer money for Trump's wall. Not now, not ever.

I personally hope that he does give the State of the Union during the shutdown. I don't think that it will work out as well for him as others think it will.

Can Trump give a State-of-the-Union address from his Oval Office?

The only thing Trump is going to show is how he is acting like a child. More Americans blame him and the GOP for the shutdown and the majority of Americans do NOT want the American Taxpayer to pay for his wall he said Mexico will pay for.

I'd say drink every time Trump tells a lie in the SOTU address, but people would get alcohol poisoning in 5 minutes.

Trump's SOTU: lies, lies, and more lies.

Seriously, is there any doubt?

I mean, if he was stuck talking about childish acts, he would need a few hours to list his own.

lol

The whole pot calling the kettle black here, it's pretty funny.
The irony of your post......

I think Trump should pepper his SOTU with quotes of things Chuck, Nancy and others have said to him in their closed door meetings with him...play audio recordings if he has them.

The Trump haters will howl in outrage, but the public will learn some truth.

She's having too much fun in Puerto Rico, I guess.

The only thing Trump is going to show is how he is acting like a child. More Americans blame him and the GOP for the shutdown and the majority of Americans do NOT want the American Taxpayer to pay for his wall he said Mexico will pay for.

I'd say drink every time Trump tells a lie in the SOTU address, but people would get alcohol poisoning in 5 minutes.

Hmm... should we take that (bolded above) idea just a wee bit further and say the we should not have border security infrastructure or personnel which are not funded by foreign sources?

The irony of your post......

Is what? I'm not sure you know what that word means in this context and instead just threw it in there because it sounded cool.

The little charlatan from Cali is playing the little charlatan from NY like a fiddle.

I hope he does. Any rebuttal will tear him a new one. This is HIS shutdown. He said so himself.

Hmm... should we take that (bolded above) idea just a wee bit further and say the we should not have border security infrastructure or personnel which are not funded by foreign sources?

Yeah. You'll resist Trump even if it means tearing down the country in the process.

Well that would be a great suggestion, perhaps you can instruct Trump on that since he's been blabbing that Mexico will pay for the wall for the past 2.5 years and still doing it.

I guess "Mexico will pay for it" has a better ring than "Mexico will pay for it "eventually" over the course of decades after I make the American Taxpayer pay for it all first" huh?

Well that would be a great suggestion, perhaps you can instruct Trump on that since he's been blabbing that Mexico will pay for the wall for the past 2.5 years and still doing it.

I guess "Mexico will pay for it" has a better ring than "Mexico will pay for it "eventually" over the course of decades after I make the American Taxpayer pay for it all first" huh?

How much will the wall cost?

Are you demanding the wall be prepaid??

She doesn't want him talking about the state of the country while the country is in a state?

fascinating.

Not only should he give it he should not release it to the press ahead of time. Make them all react to it live.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

After that last BS? If I were the networks I might not even air the lie-fest live. He's not a legit pres, why treat him like one. We know you THINK he's legit, but that doesn't make it so....

Can Trump give a State-of-the-Union address from his Oval Office?
There is no constitutional requirement to even give a speech. Article II, Section 3, Clause 1 merely states:
The President “shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient.”

He/she could do that with a letter published in the New York Times.

Back
Top Bottom