• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi asks Trump to reschedule annual speech amid U.S. government shutdown

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

24718763-standard.jpg

1/16/19
U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi asked President Donald Trump on Wednesday to reschedule his annual State of the Union speech before Congress because of partial federal government shutdown, citing security issues. The top Democrat in the House of Representatives wrote Trump a letter expressing concerns about the nationally televised speech on Jan. 29. The U.S. Secret Service is the lead agency responsible for coordinating and planning security for the event, she said, but the Secret Service and the Department of Homeland Security have not been funded for 26 days, with “critical departments hamstrung by furloughs.” “Sadly, given the security concerns and unless government re-opens this week, I suggest that we work together to determine another suitable date after government has re-opened for this address or for you to consider delivering your State of the Union address in writing to the Congress on January 29th,” the letter said. Preparing for the event takes weeks of detailed planning, Pelosi noted. The White House had no immediate comment on Pelosi’s letter.

Hmmm. Well, Donnie can always hold the SOTU at his Trump International Hotel Washington and overcharge the government.

Hmmm. Well, Donnie can always hold the SOTU at his Trump International Hotel Washington and overcharge the government.

There is no 'asking", she flat out disinvited the POS so no SOTU with congress held hostage having to watch the buffoon. He can hold his SOTU from the oval office. Maybe have some of those extra hamburgers he has left. :lamo

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/16/politics/nancy-pelosi-state-of-the-union-donald-trump/index.html

He shouldn't even acknowledge Pelosi's dumb request.
My understanding is that security is already in place for the State of the Union address.

And where would you have derived this understanding from?

My understanding is that security is already in place for the State of the Union address.

Fox News talking points!

It’s Nancy’s house now

"U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi asked President Donald Trump on Wednesday to reschedule his annual State of the Union speech before Congress because of partial federal government shutdown, citing security issues. " OP article quote.

I call bull****, Pelosi does not want Trump up there for however long drilling on and on about a shutdown for the wall and perhaps taking a break every so often to politically swipe at whoever the target of the day is.

Just as well. I'm not interested in anything President Hamberders has to say except "I'll sign the 6 funding CRs and reopen government."

And Steny Hoyer proves to be just as much the tool that I said he would be as Majority Leader. But what the heck else were they going to do with Hoyer but name him Majority Leader. They could not very well have bounced him out of House Leadership on his ear. That would have gone over like 10 tons of horse dung in your handy 2 ton bag.

Your understanding would be inaccurate. It takes weeks, literally to put in place all of the security for something like this, where you have the lines of Presidential succession in one location.

Your understanding would be inaccurate. It takes weeks, literally to put in place all of the security for something like this, where you have the lines of Presidential succession in one location.

Another one who doesn't read thread sources.

Another one who doesn't read thread sources.

I read more than you likely know. And I don't rely on the sourced links of threads to solely inform my perspective. I've read countless articles and documents outlining the processes and procedures undertaking the security measures of the SOTU going back years. Presidential succession intrigues me, and having so many in that line in one place drew my interest years ago. It is a monumental undertaking.

I read more than you likely know. And I don't rely on the sourced links of threads to solely inform my perspective. I've read countless articles and documents outlining the processes and procedures undertaking the security measures of the SOTU going back years. Presidential succession intrigues me, and having so many in that line in one place drew my interest years ago. It is a monumental undertaking.

Oh, okay then... ;)
My source posted in the earlier part of the thread disproves what you have written about Trump's security not being in place already, but you go ahead, and rely on your own "sources."

Bye bye

:2wave:

Oh, okay then... ;)
My source posted in the earlier part of the thread disproves what you have written about Trump's security not being in place already, but you go ahead, and rely on your own "sources."

Bye bye

:2wave:

Your "source" as you are calling it, is DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen via Tweet. I trust any statement that comes out of this corrupt administration about as far as I can throw Trump himself, and he is a...ahem....robust fella.

So yes, I trust my research on this matter more than I do someone Tweeting from the administration.

Bye yourself. :peace

Back
Top Bottom