• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi’s San Francisco salon going out of business, owner describes receiving negativity

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
San Francisco hair salon owner Erica Kious is shutting her doors for good after controversy over a visit by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi last week destroyed her business, she told “Tucker Carlson Tonight" Wednesday. “I am actually done in San Francisco and closing my doors, unfortunately,” she announced.

Fox News obtained surveillance video last week of Pelosi visiting the salon for a hair wash and blowout, despite the fact that San Francisco salons were closed at the time due to the coronavirus pandemic. The video showed Pelosi walking through the interior of the salon without wearing a mask. Kious told host Tucker Carlson she was attacked for exposing Pelosi.

“I started to just get a ton of phone calls, text messages, emails, all my Yelp reviews… saying that they hope I go under and that I fail,” she said. “So just a lot of negativity towards my business.”

Pelosi’s San Francisco salon going out of business, owner describes receiving '''nothing but negativity''' | Fox News

The Democratic Speaker of the House has now cost a whistle blower her business. Had she followed her and her party's own rhetoric on coronavirus, none of this would have happened. Why would an 80 year old woman risk contacting coronavirus over keeping her hair looking a certain way anyway?

The Dems fiddle while California burns.

The Democratic Speaker of the House has now cost a whistle blower her business. Had she followed her and her party's own rhetoric on coronavirus, none of this would have happened. Why would an 80 year old woman risk contacting coronavirus over keeping her hair looking a certain way anyway?

Nancy is just one congress person out of 450. lol

It's "Trump fiddles while California burns." Trump's in charge. And there are riots all over the country. And 190,000 Americans died of covid, which Trump could've prevented

Last edited:
Nancy is just one senator out of a 100.

It's "Trump fiddles while California burns." Trump's in charge. And there are riots all over the country. And 190,000 Americans died of covid, which Trump could've prevented

Oh my, that is disappointing.

Hasn't the salon owner received approximently $300k from gofundme and decided to move and open the business elsewhere?

Personally I would not want to work or live in SF.

Hasn't the salon owner received approximently $300k from gofundme and decided to move and open the business elsewhere?

Neither would I. They kind of screwed the pooch by not wanting higher density housing and that has caused any number of secondary issues.

Someone is closing a business because of "negative comments"? Not because they are actually bankrupt, but because a negative comment hurt their fee-fees?

Seems incredibly weak support for a vicarious fake victim routine, but you do you.

Someone is closing a business because of "negative comments"? Not because they are actually bankrupt, but because a negative comment hurt their fee-fees?

Seems incredibly weak support for a vicarious fake victim routine, but you do you.
Yea I don’t know what the big deal is about death threats.

Nancy is just one senator out of a 100.

She's one of my Senators. The other is currently running for VP in hopes that Joe Biden wins, and she can ride his coattails into office. It's a step up for her; she's used something else into office. :lol:

Nancy is just one congress person out of 450. lol

No, Nancy is third in line for the presidency and she’s demonstrated she has no regard at all for her unique responsibility to ensure continuity of government for both the Executive and Legislative Branches. It may just be a salon visit to you, and it would be if this were just some nobody Congressperson, but the truth is that if it involves Nancy it’s a national security issue.

Neither would I. They kind of screwed the pooch by not wanting higher density housing and that has caused any number of secondary issues.

You're talking about the SF Bay Area Region right? SF city doesn't lack for high density housing.

You try running a business while being inundated with bad local news coverage and death threats. You'd be on the first flight to Boca.

There are plenty who would like to work elsewhere, but the pay keeps them here. I know people who wake up at 3 am in order to commute in from Fairfield and Sacramento, and start work at 6.

There are plenty who would like to work elsewhere, but the pay keeps them here. I know people who wake up at 3 am in order to commute in from Fairfield and Sacramento, and start work at 6.

That is their choice. I have a relative that commutes into SF from outside the bay area. The pay is excellent for him.

She's one of my Senators. The other is currently running for VP in hopes that Joe Biden wins, and she can ride his coattails into office. It's a step up for her; she's used something else into office. :lol:

Wow, breathtaking.

There are high rise apartment buildings going up often in SF. I don't know how many people can logically be crammed into a 49 sq mile radius.

It seems that work from home is catching on, at least according to bloomberg and some other business oriented publications, so maybe less people in future?

The salon owner when she sent out her tape/story said she was going out of business within this month or next. Those were her words. So then how exactly did Pelosi cause her to go under if she was already going out of business?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Isnt it interesting when people counter themselves in their own comments.

*“I do have a lot of positive calls and text messages from clients. But other than that, nothing but negativity."

What else is there besides positive or negative comments in this situation? Someone calling or texting that they themselves are completely neutral?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom