• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pedophilia shouldn't be accepted; it hurts people!

Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. In the back rooms of those pageants, girls are constantly in states of undress and many, MANY adults are present (of both sexes) to help them dress, do their makeup, hair, get them ready to go on, etc.

If the person with pedophile tendencies confine themselves to thinking and not action then it's ok.

Thoughts, IMO, lead to action. Especially if you are predisposed [born that way]

If left unchecked, I agree, there is a propensity for those thoughts to turn to actions. That's a big part of the reason why I think it's important to let kids know that if they have those thoughts, they need to work on controlling them.

One of the 10 commandments;

You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

Why? becaue it eventually leads to action.

The Bible aside, it's never productive to long after that which you cannot have. But, I don't think that has anything to do with thoughts of sex, whether those thoughts are about straight sex, gay sex, pedo sex or anything else. A few years back I heard about an initiative for young teen girls that asked them to make a promise to themselves not to have sex until they were married. I think it was called "No Room at the Inn" or something similar. The idea was for the girls to accept that they had sexual yearnings but that they could learn to control them.

Thoughts need not lead to actions if they are discussed and logical reasons are given for controlling them. I doubt the urges are any different for those who like sex with adults and those that like sex with children. The latter must be made to understand that he can never give in to his thoughts. I don't really see that as being much different from taking vows to be faithful to one's spouse.

If the person with pedophile tendencies confine themselves to thinking and not action then it's ok.

I agree.

They are who they are and we can't (nor should we try to) judge their thoughts. It's only if they act on their thoughts that we have a duty to step in.

Pedophiles hurt children, and should not be accepted. Your thoughts?

who is accepting of child rapist besides other child rapist? thats my thought lol

Pedophilia is a disorder, and in and of itself causes no harm to anyone unless acted upon. That is not to dismiss the harm to a child should it be acted upon. A non offending pedophile needs help to remain non offending. There should be no stigma to having this disorder. Acting upon it, yes. But not to having, recognizing and asking for help.

Additionally, pedophilia and child sexual assault are not the same. An individual does not have to have a sexual attraction to a child in order to commit child sexual assault.

Finally, for those idiots who want to try to equate it as such, pedophilia is not an action. Like homosexuality, one does not become such by performing such actions. One is either a pedophile or not. Offending or not is a separate distinction.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

While i agree with everything you said because the majority is based on facts there a minority group of people that will read that and hear in thier head the charlie brown teacher.... its way too hard for them

We need to consider the 'grooming' factor in any sexual deviancy directed toward children. [I included any education geared toward teaching such deviant behavior as being normal or excepted by the mainstream.]

what deviant behavior do you speak of that is being taught normal and mainstream by america?

How pedophilic is wandering thru pageant dressing rooms while pre-teens are in various states of undress?

its not at all unless one is doing it for the purpose sexual enjoyment arousal etc.

Gee, just the last two democrat leaders (and one would be) openly consorting with racist over how many years (normals can see a pattern).
Yet I have no point, lol!!!
Yet Trump is the racist. Oh, please do tell!!!

Everyone but you knows that Byrd repented his sins but like a typical godless Righty you don't understand the concept of forgiveness. It's pathetic.

its not at all unless one is doing it for the purpose sexual enjoyment arousal etc.

And that is exactly how Trump described it. Like a perverted adolescent.

The same year former contestants say Trump unexpectedly entered the Miss Teen USA dressing room, the reigning Miss Universe, Brook Antoinette Mahealani Lee, recalls Trump asking her about the looks of his daughter Ivanka, who was co-hosting the pageant. “‘Don’t you think my daughter’s hot? She’s hot, right?'” Mahealani Lee recalls Trump saying.

Also that year, Miss Utah, Temple Taggart, recalls Trump kissed her against her wishes. “He kissed me directly on the lips. I thought, ‘Oh my God, gross.’ He was married to Marla Maples at the time. I think there were a few other girls that he kissed on the mouth. I was like, ‘Wow, that’s inappropriate,'” Taggart told The New York Times. She says he did the same thing a few months later at Trump Tower, where he had invited her to discuss her career. To succeed in the entertainment industry, Trump advised 21-year-old Taggart to lie about her age. “We’re going to have to tell them you’re 17,” she remembers Trump saying.
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/a-timeline-of-donald-trumps-creepiness-while-he-owned-miss-universe-191860/

Man, you are not even trying: one person is not the democratic party. Using your logic, Bush was a muslim because he kissed one...

Looks more like Old Man Strom's trying to plant one on her, not the other way around but keep humping that chicken, any day now you might just get an egg.

Its really funny to see how leftists (you ain't a liberal), think you're right. I think I am right, but not to everyone. No side thinks the other is right, they think they're right.

You know what? You're right, and it's time I admitted it and made a clean breast of it all.

The two psychological tendencies that underlie modern leftism we call "feelings of inferiority" and "oversocialization."
Feelings of inferiority are characteristic of modern leftism as a whole, while oversocialization is characteristic only of a certain segment of modern leftism; but this segment is highly influential.
Those who are most sensitive about "politically incorrect" terminology are not the average black ghetto- dweller, Asian immigrant, abused woman or disabled person, but a minority of activists, many of whom do not even belong to any "oppressed" group but come from privileged strata of society. Political correctness has its stronghold among university professors, who have secure employment with comfortable salaries, and the majority of whom are heterosexual white males from middle- to upper-middle-class families.

I honestly do not know why I try to defend any of it.

Correction. Thats the far-right. Not moderates, or regular conservatives. Just wanted to make that clear.

Such hypocrisy.'

You dare make a distinction of far right to excuse yourself of actions the right wing takes that you do not agree with. But give no such credibility to the left. If even so much as one far left person makes a suggestion about peodaphillia then to you all the left are damaged.

No you need to be consistent here. If you are going to blame the left generally for what a left wing extremist might say then take the blame for what a right wing extremist says as well.

How pedophilic is wandering thru pageant dressing rooms while pre-teens are in various states of undress?
Depends. If you don't get turned on by pre teens, then it's not very pedophilic at all.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Such hypocrisy.'

You dare make a distinction of far right to excuse yourself of actions the right wing takes that you do not agree with. But give no such credibility to the left. If even so much as one far left person makes a suggestion about peodaphillia then to you all the left are damaged.

No you need to be consistent here. If you are going to blame the left generally for what a left wing extremist might say then take the blame for what a right wing extremist says as well.

I do. I don't blame the liberals, I blame the leftists.

On what planet? Seriously, show your work here.
You should finish the sentence that's not highlighted...
" which I think is an insult to that community. Pedophiles hurt children, and should not be accepted. "

Pedophilia seems to be in the news almost on a daily basis. There's someone who is caught with thousands of child images on their computer and at the same time distributing them to other pedophiles. They figure it wouldn't happen to me of being caught. It's a tough sickness.

You should finish the sentence that's not highlighted...
" which I think is an insult to that community. Pedophiles hurt children, and should not be accepted. "

nothing you posted changes what the OP originally falsely claimed, the OP has since taken it back because its factually not true lol

nothing you posted changes what the OP originally falsely claimed, the OP has since taken it back because its factually not true lol

Well I read your Diocese will be releasing the names of priests who sexually abused children. I rest my case.

Well I read your Diocese will be releasing the names of priests who sexually abused children. I rest my case.

LMAO once again nothing you posted makes any sense or changes what the OP said or changes you failed post

Pedophilia seems to be in the news almost on a daily basis. There's someone who is caught with thousands of child images on their computer and at the same time distributing them to other pedophiles. They figure it wouldn't happen to me of being caught. It's a tough sickness.

Pictures of children being abused. Is having pictures of children's faces on a computer illegal? Where does the law draw the line?

LMAO once again nothing you posted makes any sense or changes what the OP said or changes you failed post
Then why are you here ?

Then why are you here ?

Pointing out the fact your posts are still failing, still havent made any sense or changed the fact that what the OP original said is wrong.:2wave:

Pointing out the fact your posts are still failing, still havent made any sense or changed the fact that what the OP original said is wrong.:2wave:

The OP should have said active pedophiles hurt children.

Back
Top Bottom