• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pedophilia shouldn't be accepted; it hurts people!

The pattern of your failing? Yes, it is pretty clear.

Its really funny to see how leftists (you ain't a liberal), think you're right. I think I am right, but not to everyone. No side thinks the other is right, they think they're right.

Get back to me when you make a point that is not a guilt by association fallacy. Or when you make a point at all.

Gee, just the last two democrat leaders (and one would be) openly consorting with racist over how many years (normals can see a pattern).
Yet I have no point, lol!!!
Yet Trump is the racist. Oh, please do tell!!!

Pedophiles hurt children, and should not be accepted. Your thoughts?
Pedophilia is a disorder, and in and of itself causes no harm to anyone unless acted upon. That is not to dismiss the harm to a child should it be acted upon. A non offending pedophile needs help to remain non offending. There should be no stigma to having this disorder. Acting upon it, yes. But not to having, recognizing and asking for help.

Additionally, pedophilia and child sexual assault are not the same. An individual does not have to have a sexual attraction to a child in order to commit child sexual assault.

Finally, for those idiots who want to try to equate it as such, pedophilia is not an action. Like homosexuality, one does not become such by performing such actions. One is either a pedophile or not. Offending or not is a separate distinction.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Trans people aren't trying to hurt people, Homosexuals aren't hurting people. Pedophiles hurt children with their manipulation.
Again, an over generalization that prevents non offending pedophiles from seeking help.

I'm not quite that extreme of a leftist..
Even I can recognize that child puberty blocking hormone treatments and child transition surgeries are hurting children..

I may even say the young trans movement is hurting children more than a lower age of consent would..

They are litterally cutting young boys penises off because they identify as a girl, and you aren't doing anything about it..
Next the kiddies will just identify as 18 and their is your legal pedophilia..

I'm not for it but I see it coming

Can you provide any documentation of a person under 18 that has received SRS?

The vast majority of people who support trans, are against any surgery prior to 18, and only slightly less are against HRT. The issue of puberty blockers is indeed more divided, but it is still the majority that feels that they shouldn't be used.

Ah, the leftist. You are the enemy of the people. True liberals don't shut people down.
Ah ad hoc. The enemy of the intelligent. People with actual evidence provide supportable proof, not attack those who called out their hack job.

40 posts and only 11 deal with the topic. Could we get back to the topic and save the decline for when we have at least hit 100 or so posts?

Here's the deal -- pedophilia hurts children but pedophiles don't necessarily hurt children. It's not "who they are" but rather "what they do," if indeed, they do anything.

We can only respond to acts, we cannot control thoughts, although people consistently keep trying to do that. Your best friend could be a pedophile but he may never act on his urges so no one is ever hurt and you would never know unless he confided in you.

That said, we should continue to push the idea that harming children is never acceptable in a civilized society. We must protect the children as best we can.

Here's the deal -- pedophilia hurts children but pedophiles don't necessarily hurt children. It's not "who they are" but rather "what they do," if indeed, they do anything.

We can only respond to acts, we cannot control thoughts, although people consistently keep trying to do that. Your best friend could be a pedophile but he may never act on his urges so no one is ever hurt and you would never know unless he confided in you.

That said, we should continue to push the idea that harming children is never acceptable in a civilized society. We must protect the children as best we can.

We need to consider the 'grooming' factor in any sexual deviancy directed toward children. [I included any education geared toward teaching such deviant behavior as being normal or excepted by the mainstream.]

How pedophilic is wandering thru pageant dressing rooms while pre-teens are in various states of undress?

We need to consider the 'grooming' factor in any sexual deviancy directed toward children. [I included any education geared toward teaching such deviant behavior as being normal or excepted by the mainstream.]

I agree -- harming anyone for a sexual desire -- is deviant. However, we also need to make it clear that "thoughts" do not harm, only "actions" do.

I don't think it hurts to let students know that people exist who have pedo thoughts, and that those people may still be wonderful people. What the students really need to know (in order to protect them) is that when someone acts on those thoughts -- a line has been crossed. Kids need to understand what actions (specifically) are not tolerated (and that includes some of the things pedos can say, such as telling the kids the activity is okay, or that they'll harm someone in their family if they tell).

On the flip side, if a teen has pedo thoughts, he should know that he can never act upon those thoughts under any circumstance.

I just don't like the idea of teaching that everyone with those feelings is a "bad" person, because if some of them harbor those feelings, I think it would make them more likely to act upon them.

How pedophilic is wandering thru pageant dressing rooms while pre-teens are in various states of undress?

Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. In the back rooms of those pageants, girls are constantly in states of undress and many, MANY adults are present (of both sexes) to help them dress, do their makeup, hair, get them ready to go on, etc.

Pedophiles are not accepted nor will they be accepted, there is no political interest in trying to gain acceptance for them.

Understanding for the purposes of treatment and dealing with this is still not acceptance, it is trying to do something about it before kids are harmed.

I agree -- harming anyone for a sexual desire -- is deviant. However, we also need to make it clear that "thoughts" do not harm, only "actions" do.

I don't think it hurts to let students know that people exist who have pedo thoughts, and that those people may still be wonderful people. What the students really need to know (in order to protect them) is that when someone acts on those thoughts -- a line has been crossed. Kids need to understand what actions (specifically) are not tolerated (and that includes some of the things pedos can say, such as telling the kids the activity is okay, or that they'll harm someone in their family if they tell).

On the flip side, if a teen has pedo thoughts, he should know that he can never act upon those thoughts under any circumstance.

I just don't like the idea of teaching that everyone with those feelings is a "bad" person, because if some of them harbor those feelings, I think it would make them more likely to act upon them.

Thoughts, IMO, lead to action. Especially if you are predisposed [born that way]

One of the 10 commandments;

You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

Why? becaue it eventually leads to action.

Many want to include the "P" but people need to be softened up to it more, eased into it, like they were with same sex marriage, which opened them up for the Trans, and now trans kids, its heading there..

Sex between consenting adults is just that, sex. An adult in most situations over 18, and therefore an emancipated individual in the eyes of the law.

Provide a link to ANY reputable liberal agency advocating sex with underage children were it is endorsed. Other wise the OP is using this as a means to bash progressive causes. I am a gay man, served my country, I find the OP to be offensive. The President brags about grabbing *****, how long before it becomes acceptable in mixed company ?

Back
Top Bottom