• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Peace Treaty?

The last thing the west needs is Russia firmly aligned with China
We have yet to see how the sanctions impact the average Russian
Zelenskyy now has more of a bargaining hand.
UKR will never accept that land bridge, and as long of the Ukrainians fight, NATO will send more lethal aid, and heavier kit
NATO will watch as Ukrainians, many dying bleed the Russian military

What I see
No NATO
Prewar borders
Talks to continue on Crimea (which Russia will never give up)

How does Putin deal with the economic problems of inflation, job losses, and watch as critical infrastructure fails as they need western parts.
Seems rational but I cant see how Putin backs down with out some way of claiming a win. He definitely is not getting Odessa

Putin already lost that war, no matter what happens from now on.
Agreed
At this point it seems possible for Ukraine to actually win a conventional defensive war against Russia, which I would not have considered possible a few weeks ago.

Sure, slow them down, but not win in the end.

I'm basing my opinion on this, operating under the assumption that they'll either drag it out over a really long period of time or actually push Russian forces back into Russia.

Either of those options appears to me as more harmful to Russia and Putin than a negotiated settlement, and if I was Putin I'd be willing to give up stuff I already had to manage it.
Yup but how can a dictator like Putin back down without finding some way of claiming a win? He is not at the point where he is forced to give in. Hopefully they have found something acceptable to all sides, cant imagine what that would be but if they do whatever it is Im sure Putin will not be happy

Agreed

Yup but how can a dictator like Putin back down without finding some way of claiming a win? He is not at the point where he is forced to give in. Hopefully they have found something acceptable to all sides, cant imagine what that would be but if they do whatever it is Im sure Putin will not be happy

Neither side will back down, Putin because he simply cannot go back looking weak to a Russian populace after propaganda'ing them psychotic with cartoony Nazi/fascist fantasies, and the Ukrainians are filled with such generation-spanning hatred toward Putin and Russia that they'd rather endure nonstop bombing before they give up anything.

I read somewhere that some Germans took decades to recover from Hitler's propaganda.

If that's true, then a lot of these Russians are just lost.

I read somewhere that some Germans took decades to recover from Hitler's propaganda.

If that's true, then a lot of these Russians are just lost.

As are way too many westerners. Why do you think that all the Russian media outlets have been kicked off air here?

You can't trust the Russians in any manner. They will violate any treaty signed within a week.

As are way too many westerners. Why do you think that all the Russian media outlets have been kicked off air here?

We cannot be trusted to handle Russian "propaganda". Now we are stuck with that lunatic Brit Boris Johnson.

I can watch just about any Russian media that I want from the USA without a VPN.

Lots of them maintain their own websites.

And what do you know, they haven't banned themselves.

I can watch just about any Russian media that I want from the USA without a VPN.

I find this horrifically shocking news.

I find this horrifically shocking news.

Isn't the whataboutism funny though?

In Russia, report fake news by calling a war a war, face up to 15 years. All independent media shuts down within the week.

Some demented tankie rushes online to say, Oh yeah? Well that's just like Russian media being completely banned from the USA

. . . On YouTube

. . . With no criminal penalties for its propaganda

But totally the same!

I wonder if Putin will sit far away at a long table? I would advise him not to get close to Zelenskyy. If I was Zelenskyy I would strangle the bastard.

I believe Putin has a black belt in judo

We cannot be trusted to handle Russian "propaganda". Now we are stuck with that lunatic Brit Boris Johnson.

We are not allowed to be balanced on this period. We are supposed to believe everything the Ukrainians say treat anything coming from Russia as a lie.

The irony is that many people here are repeating the lies that our own propaganda system is peddling and at the same time shouting " don't trust Russians, they lie". Pure Orwell.

I believe Putin has a black belt in judo

Biden has a black belt too................................ one with money pouches sown into it for all the cash made from his family business deals in Ukraine

And Johnson can't be a liar because he's not Russian lol

so i bomb your country back to the stone age and then i "talk" about peace?

give me a ****ing break.

So what?

Are you denying that the Russian side of the story is largely absent from the MSM coverage? That when it is given any coverage worthy of the name it is given mocking scant attention whereas everything a Ukrainian says that is supportive of the demonisation of Russia and Russians is carpet bombed into everyones mind by them?

How many times in the western MSM has there been time given to those Ukrsaainians who have said the Ukrainian army have used people as human shields or placed their artillery/tanks in front of houses?

Isn't the whataboutism funny though?

In Russia, report fake news by calling a war a war, face up to 15 years. All independent media shuts down within the week.

Some demented tankie rushes online to say, Oh yeah? Well that's just like Russian media being completely banned from the USA

. . . On YouTube

. . . With no criminal penalties for its propaganda

But totally the same!

The media is so complicit in the West there's no need to ban it lol

Zelensky has clamped down and banned media outlets as well as opposition parties but I don't see you making anything of it.

Frankly, the British media ranks higher than even the Ukrainian media when it comes to fabrication and hysteria. The connection between what the BBC, Sun, Sky gush out on Russia and Ukraine has zero connection with what is on the ground.

Good thing Russians have lost access to BBC Sky... According to the Brits the Rouble should be Rubbish by now and the Russian economy on a fatal tail spin. Problem is the Rouble remains ignorant of Boris Johnson's death sentence and keeps clawing back.

The media is so complicit in the West there's no need to ban it lol

What a ridiculous thing to say...

This is the same MSM that has reported their were no WMDs Iraq, government scandals left and right, exposed political lies and malfeasance.....

Zelensky has clamped down and banned media outlets as well as opposition parties but I don't see you making anything of it.

Well, they are at war. The Russian bastards have attacked them with no provocation....

So what?

Are you denying that the Russian side of the story is largely absent from the MSM coverage? That when it is given any coverage worthy of the name it is given mocking scant attention whereas everything a Ukrainian says that is supportive of the demonisation of Russia and Russians is carpet bombed into everyones mind by them?

How many times in the western MSM has there been time given to those Ukrsaainians who have said the Ukrainian army have used people as human shields or placed their artillery/tanks in front of houses?

The MSM does report on what the Russians say.

How else would we know they are blaming the Ukrainians for their slaughter....

Frankly, the British media ranks higher than even the Ukrainian media when it comes to fabrication and hysteria. The connection between what the BBC, Sun, Sky gush out on Russia and Ukraine has zero connection with what is on the ground.

Good thing Russians have lost access to BBC Sky... According to the Brits the Rouble should be Rubbish by now and the Russian economy on a fatal tail spin. Problem is the Rouble remains ignorant of Boris Johnson's death sentence and keeps clawing back.

🤣

RT.COM is almost Baghdad Bob level disinformation. They are merely more polished.

Johnson is the Mr Hyde of the western world. And British politicians play Mr Hyde so well. I recall the Honourable Tony Blair- I imagine the ruffian has since been rewarded with some title- in the run up to the 2003 assault on Iraq; he was so convincing; it was hard not to believe Saddam was not soacked in weapons of mass destruction

Back
Top Bottom