• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

PEACE can be OURS

Should we make peace with the MUSLIM world ?

• YES - peace is needed NOW

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • NO - it would be a sign of WEAKNESS

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Yukon

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Many Americans have suffered in the name of the war on terror since the tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001. Conservative Christians must reject the practice of targeting individuals because of their religious and/or political beliefs, and renew their commitment to the Constitution's Bill of Rights and its protections of civil rights, political freedom and equal justice.

How? Practice respect in America and listen to other people and develop understanding, whether you agree or not. Often, when Conservatives get to know Muslims the Conservative realizes that he has much in common and has a new friend instead of a perceived enemy.

Peace is rooted in the tenor of our interactions at home as well as internationally.

Embrace your fellow man and stop kicking him for being different.

Praise Jesus, and Praise the Prophet.

Last edited:
Many Americans have suffered in the name of the war on terror since the tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001. Conservative Christians must reject the practice of targeting individuals because of their religious and/or political beliefs, and renew their commitment to the Constitution's Bill of Rights and its protections of civil rights, political freedom and equal justice.

How? Practice respect in America and listen to other people and develop understanding, whether you agree or not. Often, when Conservatives get to know Muslims the Conservative realizes that he has much in common and has a new friend instead of a perceived enemy.

Peace is rooted in the tenor of our interactions at home as well as internationally.

How can you say that but in another Thread claim all other Religions outside of Christianity are bogus?

How can you say that but in another Thread claim all other Religions outside of Christianity are bogus?

Easy. I do believe Christianity is the best of all world religions and that the "others" are bogus. That being said I am not going to hate people for practicing a bogus religion or kill them. I will do my best to 'live-and-let-live'. Personnally there is no religion worth killing for - NONE !

P.S. I notice that you did not vote. Do you fear what you really believe ?

Last edited:
There was 14,000 killed by firing squad for being different. Ask why I posted this, it's your avatar which represents a brutal man who oppresses and murders(murdered) his own people.....for being different. Other than that I do think we should end our embargo between the U.S. and Cuba. Perhaps a taste of freedom will give the people of Cuba the will to kick the commies asses to the sea.

Delta,

You are voicing propaganda that has been fed to you by the Pentagon. Fidel Castro was and is a great man.

Easy. I do believe Christianity is the best of all world religions and that the "others" are bogus. That being said I am not going to hate people for practicing a bogus religion or kill them. I will do my best to 'live-and-let-live'. Personnally there is no religion worth killing for - NONE !

Nice try. Hard to believe to you form your past posts, your Avatar and your love of Castro.

Delta,

You are voicing propaganda that has been fed to you for a generation by the Pentagon. Fidel Castro was and is a great man.

Cause Cuba is a Better place since Castro came to power.:roll:

Dont forget to mention G. Bush, Junior.

Sorry you comprehension doesn't work. care to try again.

So why in your mind are they same thing?

Delta,

You are voicing propaganda that has been fed to you for a generation by the Pentagon. Fidel Castro was and is a great man.
LOL...hardly, these figures just scratch the surface of course Cuba specifically not included and this is what you advocate. That said, communist have to put all those bodies somewhere although, you or other communist supporters may be able to trip over them and just pick up and cary on your way, for myself I can not. Castro is a murderer period. The U.S. knows it, the world knows it and you don't...why?

Other figures for people who differ from communist views
65 million in the People's Republic of China
20 million in the Soviet Union[3]
2 million in Cambodia
2 million in North Korea
1.7 million in Africa
1.5 million in Afghanistan
1 million in the Communist states of Eastern Europe
1 million in Vietnam[4]
150,000 in Latin America
10,000 deaths "resulting from actions of the international Communist movement and Communist parties not in pow

I've read all this before, and I have posted much the same myself.
I replace "praise" with "learn from"....

I am "a-religious".
The philosophy of Jesus and some other is good, but my interest is not there.
At times, I feel that all religion is bogus.

Personally, I'd like peace everywhere all the time, and a generally high standard of living for all citizens of humanity.

I am "a-religious".
The philosophy of Jesus and some other is good, but my interest is not there.
At times, I feel that all religion is bogus.

E-Worm,
I do agree with your 'religion is bogus' comment. Too often people use Jesus to justify their actions. For goodness sake G. Bush, Junior claimed to be a devout Christian even as he signed more than 150 death warrants while Governor of Taxes making him one of the greatest mass murderers in US history - he is so-called devout Christian yet he refused to grant clemency even to condemed child convicts.

Those who claim to be devout Christians will inject poison into a man's arm in the name of justice and tell you it's God's will. They make me vomit.

Delta,

You are voicing propaganda that has been fed to you by the Pentagon. Fidel Castro was and is a great man.

I'm curious when people make such statements...why do you think that?

Why would making peace possibly help the situation? There are plenty of psychopaths in the Muslim world still trying to kill us. What we need to do is make the regions we're fighting in modern, and educate the people.

I'm also not sure how trying to make peace would be a sign of weakness. We should be trying to normalize relationships with the groups in Afghanistan, because unless we want to kill eveyrone in the country, we're going to have to continue to deal with them.

Oh gosh, another pole with two polarized choices. If only people were that simple. But, just asking the question that way this and other poles do illustrates how much trouble we are in.

Why would making peace possibly help the situation? There are plenty of psychopaths in the Muslim world still trying to kill us. What we need to do is make the regions we're fighting in modern, and educate the people.

I'm also not sure how trying to make peace would be a sign of weakness. We should be trying to normalize relationships with the groups in Afghanistan, because unless we want to kill eveyrone in the country, we're going to have to continue to deal with them.

Agree. But both of these things are a hell of a lot easier said than done.

Agree. But both of these things are a hell of a lot easier said than done.

Yeah...we really shouldn't have gone in with the goal of a occupation, but we've done it, and we've got to stand by our actions.

Its not up to us to make peace. Unless we all turn muslim, those bastards want to kill us. Period. To say that we should make peace shows that you dont understand the conflict. THEY need to make peace with US. Not the other way.

Its not up to us to make peace. Unless we all turn muslim, those bastards want to kill us. Period. To say that we should make peace shows that you dont understand the conflict. THEY need to make peace with US. Not the other way.

Most Muslims don't feel that way. So, we need to act conciliatory so we don't alienate even more of one of the largest religions in the world.

To start would be to change our cluster**** foreign policy and get the **** out of their countries. Its not hard to figure out that if you go into someone else's home uninvited they will get pissed off at you and will try their hardest to get you to get the **** out.

Second I believe in the non-aggression principal which is not violating another person's rights. As the old saying goes; Dont do onto others what you dont want done onto you. It might be the "popular" thing to cheer onto the government jackboot onto groups you dont like but eventually your group will face the boot.

:lamo :lamo :lamo :lamo :lamo

So you're saying the Indian lady with the Hajib on that works at the corner shop wishes to kill me?

:lamo :lamo :lamo :lamo :lamo

So you're saying the Indian lady with the Hajib on that works at the corner shop wishes to kill me?

I think he meant the radical elements of Islam won't stop until we're Muslim or dead.

Back
Top Bottom