• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Peace activists rescued, are they grateful?

Trajan Octavian Titus

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Hell no they're not.
Three Abducted Peace Activists Rescued in Iraq

By John Ward Anderson
Washington Post Foreign Service
Friday, March 24, 2006; Page A01

BAGHDAD, March 23 -- British and U.S. troops rescued three kidnapped Christian peace activists early Thursday in a military operation that was based on information provided by two men detained only three hours earlier by U.S. forces, according to a U.S. military official.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/23/AR2006032300223.html
But rather than show gratitude to their saviors they had this to say in a press release:

PRITCHARD: We believe that the illegal occupation of Iraq by multinational forces is the root cause of the insecurity which led to this kidnapping and so much pain and suffering in Iraq today. The occupation must end. Today in the face of this joyful news, our faith compels us to love our enemies, even when they have committed acts which cause great hardship to our friends and sorrow to their families. In a spirit of the prophetic nonviolence that motivated Jim, Norman, Harmeet, and Tom to go to Iraq, we refuse to yield to a spirit of vengeance.

PRITCHARD: Throughout these difficult months we have been heartened by messages of concern for our four colleagues from all over the world. We have been especially moved by the gracious outpouring of support from Muslim brothers and sisters in the Middle East, in Europe, and North America. That support continues to come to us day by day.

PRITCHARD: We pray that Christians throughout the world will in the same spirit call for justice and for respect for the human rights of the thousands of Iraqis who are being held illegally by US and British forces occupying Iraq.

Seriously **** these people we should have left them there to rot.

Last edited:
It angers me that some in the media do not address it as "hostages rescued" instead of "hostages freed"."Hostages freed" sound as though the terrorist let them go instead of the military actually rescuing them.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Hell no they're not.

But rather than show gratitude to their saviors they had this to say in a press release:

[/font]

Seriously **** these people we should have left them there to rot.

I know what you mean, but then hindsight is always 20/20. What a trio of whores. It wasn't their fault for going to Iraq, nor the insurgents fault for abducting them. No, it was America and Britains fault. Blame, Blame, Blame! They'll probably sue the Dept. of Defense for damages. That's the problem with crusaders these days. No guts! If you want to be a martyr, You gotta be prepared to die. Seriously--I have more respect for most terrorists.
So. . . Do you think it's to late to put them back? ? ?

jamesrage said:
It angers me that some in the media do not address it as "hostages rescued" instead of "hostages freed"."Hostages freed" sound as though the terrorist let them go instead of the military actually rescuing them.

You're to kind to traitors, I suggest you read some Machiavelli. They are ambitious they are the enemy!

I'm just surprised putting up with their peace talk that they didn't just shoot one of um. :mrgreen:

stsburns said:
I'm just surprised putting up with their peace talk that they didn't just shoot one of um. :mrgreen:

Because we don't do that ever, they save who they are oredered to save regardless of risk to themselves or who it is.

Someone died to save those ****ers and you can bet on it.

Because we don't do that ever, they save who they are oredered to save regardless of risk to themselves or who it is.
Awww....But orders are orders. :2razz:

I wouldn't trade one Marine for 20 of those mother ****ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time to send the profanity to the basement, IMO

KCConservative said:
Time to send the profanity to the basement, IMO

Again no one here is providing basement material rather all I provide is the truth, and I feel that it doesn't belong in the basement no matter how insindery it is. We want people to see what they say!

I saw/read a few news reports before I found out they were rescued (as opposed to released). They went there on a supposed mission of peace, and yet they were kidnapped and killed. Think appeasers will lean anything from that? Uh, no. Most of the media kept out the fact that the american was tortured before he was killed. This event demonstrates two truisms:

1. Almost nobody whose life/country is saved by the U.S. military is ever grateful.

2. The Liberal Media Establishment follows what I call LME News Media Rule #1: If you can possibly avoid it, do not produce news which tends to contradict or overturn the liberal/left worldview.

you are a strange man!
1. Almost nobody whose life/country is saved by the U.S. military is ever grateful.
you are forgetting the fact british troops were largely involved

you are forgetting the fact british troops were largely involved

Funny how so few actually mention that..... guess the SAS is a crappy unit...

It is worthy to note that if you read most of the media, including the center's press release, they claim that they were "released," rather than rescued.

While their families and the center was completely ungrateful for their lives being saved, I wouldn't be surprised if the actual hostages were thanking god for the coalition forces, and if one or two of them rethinks their views.

But the most amazing thing out of this story?

Those soldiers rescued them most likely knowing they probably wouldn't be grateful, and I'd bet they aren't bothered by it. To them, it was probably worth the risk, because they were protecting civilians from harm, even against their will. And that is why they're a different kind of person. For the soldiers in that unit, that probably just reaffirmed that they're doing the right thing.

RightatNYU said:
It is worthy to note that if you read most of the media, including the center's press release, they claim that they were "released," rather than rescued.

While their families and the center was completely ungrateful for their lives being saved, I wouldn't be surprised if the actual hostages were thanking god for the coalition forces, and if one or two of them rethinks their views.

But the most amazing thing out of this story?

Those soldiers rescued them most likely knowing they probably wouldn't be grateful, and I'd bet they aren't bothered by it. To them, it was probably worth the risk, because they were protecting civilians from harm, even against their will. And that is why they're a different kind of person. For the soldiers in that unit, that probably just reaffirmed that they're doing the right thing.

Did you read the article I posted above? Rush is Brilliant on this story (per usual).

Well considering they were found bound and gaged, with none of the kidnappers anywhere near (they had flown the coop hours ago it seems) and not a shot was fired... Other than cutting off the ropes that they were bound with... not much of a dramatic "rescue" is it now...;) .

And who knows maybe they were released as in the kiddnappers told coalition forces where to find them and the UK/US goverments made a big "thing" out of it... not like they have not so called played the media with big headlines and dramatic stories even though reality is totaly different... operation Swarmer anyone? Or that rescue of that wounded female US soilder during the invasion?

This is after all very good press during a time when there is a lot of crap going in Iraq and if they had suddenly been released like all the French and Italian hostages then the rumors of payoffs would start up and the policy of "never talking to kidnappers and terrorists or paying them" would start to crumble.

With this "rescue" its all nice and neat even though really odd and the press is good for now.

PeteEU said:
Well considering they were found bound and gaged, with none of the kidnappers anywhere near (they had flown the coop hours ago it seems) and not a shot was fired... Other than cutting off the ropes that they were bound with... not much of a dramatic "rescue" is it now...;) .

And who knows maybe they were released as in the kiddnappers told coalition forces where to find them and the UK/US goverments made a big "thing" out of it... not like they have not so called played the media with big headlines and dramatic stories even though reality is totaly different... operation Swarmer anyone? Or that rescue of that wounded female US soilder during the invasion?

This is after all very good press during a time when there is a lot of crap going in Iraq and if they had suddenly been released like all the French and Italian hostages then the rumors of payoffs would start up and the policy of "never talking to kidnappers and terrorists or paying them" would start to crumble.

With this "rescue" its all nice and neat even though really odd and the press is good for now.

That US female soldier you speak of was a concoction of the media. She did nothing heroic. All she did was faint in the midst of battle. I would have given her a dishonourable discharge for that.

PeteEU said:

So the terrorists who kidnapped and promised to kill them would call the US and coalition forces to tell them where to find the hostages, because they wanted to help the war effort?

Yea, that's probably it.

Or, as is more likely, like the article stated, coalition troops captured an insurgent with information on the house, planned an assault, and the insurgents either werent there or got wind of the attack and bolted.

RightatNYU said:
So the terrorists who kidnapped and promised to kill them would call the US and coalition forces to tell them where to find the hostages, because they wanted to help the war effort?

Yea, that's probably it.

Or, as is more likely, like the article stated, coalition troops captured an insurgent with information on the house, planned an assault, and the insurgents either werent there or got wind of the attack and bolted.

But if the terrorists got wind of the attack, then why didn't they murder all of the hostages, which is what they normally would've done. Or why not just move the hostages to another location? I know they murdered one hostage; although the press just says that he "was found dead". He wasn't just found dead, he was murdered! By whom? The very people this group is supporting.

Another thing that Rush mentioned was that this lib group stated that if they were ever taken hostage they would never use violent force to escape. Yet the troops used violent when they busted in their and the hostages left with their rescuers. They violated their code! According to their code they should've told the troops to go to Hell and leave then be.

I agree.Our troops have better things to do that rescue morons.

Every journalist peacenick,non-military and non-contractor people should sign a waiver that if the enemy catches them they are good as gone.Peacenicks and journalist are non-essentail personal they have no business in a war zone.Matter of fact the military should plant tracking devices as a condition for going into a war zone and when these journalist and peacenicks and when captured blow them the hell up.I guarantee that will put a stop to these morons who want to go to a war zone to take pictures and do some peacenick crap.

jamesrage said:
I agree.Our troops have better things to do that rescue morons.

Every journalist peacenick,non-military and non-contractor people should sign a waiver that if the enemy catches them they are good as gone.Peacenicks and journalist are non-essentail personal they have no business in a war zone.Matter of fact the military should plant tracking devices as a condition for going into a war zone and when these journalist and peacenicks and when captured blow them the hell up.I guarantee that will put a stop to these morons who want to go to a war zone to take pictures and do some peacenick crap.

Pinkos are a plague upon this planet.

Well the brit hostage has said thanks to his rescuers and all those people who worked for thier release and rescue over the months... guess the bashing can now be concentrated on the 2 Canadians now....

PeteEU said:
Well the brit hostage has said thanks to his rescuers and all those people who worked for thier release and rescue over the months... guess the bashing can now be concentrated on the 2 Canadians now....

As far as I am concerned none of those peacenicks should have been in Iraq in the first place.It is a waste of resources to rescue these idiots.

Back
Top Bottom