• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

PC Target Stores Sue Hero for saving life of stabbed teen girl with baseball bat.

Kurmugeon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Stranger than fiction:

This Man Saved A Girl's Life, Now Target Is Suing Him

This Man Saved A Girl From Being Stabbed To Death, And Now Target Is Suing Him For It

Michael Turner saved a 16-year-old girl from being stabbed to death, and Target wants him to apologize for it.

May 19, 2016 By Bre Payton

In 2013, Michael Turner saved the life of a 16-year-old girl who had been viciously attacked and stabbed in a Target store in Pennsylvania. And instead of thanking him for protecting its customers and preventing them from being murdered, Target is now suing him for his heroism and alleging he acted irresponsibly.

The attacker, Leon Walls, was convicted of attempted homicide for stabbing then-16-year-old Allison Meadows in 2013.

Security footage from the store shows Walls grabbing Meadows and stabbing her before Turner tackles the knife-wielding perp and chases him out of the store with a baseball bat.

Question for Debate:

Has the political correctness and Leftie Orientation of the Target Stores gone so far over the edge, that they have doomed the Franchise?

-

Something has to be missing from the story here.

Stranger than fiction:

It seems more like fiction, and it is strange at that.

Has the political correctness and Leftie Orientation of the Target Stores gone so far over the edge, that they have doomed the Franchise?

-

It may even present an opportunity to pick up some shares in Target on the cheap. They do pay a decent dividend.

Okay. I didn't find it. Perhaps you can. I am human. I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again.

I had to wonder why Target wanted to make their open official policy of allowing sexually strange men into women's latrines...

I thought these comments at the end of the article interesting to the National Context of the "Bathroom Wars":

Target, however, is no stranger to charges that it puts parochial corporate politics ahead of its customers’ safety.

Target has come under fire recently after announcing that all retail locations would allow customers to use whatever restroom they want regardless of their biological sex. As a result, women may suddenly find themselves sharing a bathroom with grown men. Many women’s rights activists believe Target’s new policy needlessly puts vulnerable women at risk of sexual assault and deprives them of their right to safety and privacy.

Target’s policy has raised questions nationwide about whether men who merely claim to be women should be allowed in the same bathroom as women. On Monday, a female security officer at a Giant supermarket in Washington, D.C., was arrested after telling a man to leave the women’s restroom in the store. In Toronto, a serial sexual predator pretended to be a transgender woman named Jessica in order to prey on women at a battered women’s shelter.

I have an 8 year old grand daughter. If we were out shopping, and sometimes TARGET is the store with what is needed, and she needed to pee....

-

Okay. I didn't find it. Perhaps you can. I am human. I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again.

I had to wonder why Target wanted to make their open official policy of allowing sexually strange men into women's latrines...

I thought these comments at the end of the article interesting to the National Context of the "Bathroom Wars":

I have an 8 year old grand daughter. If we were out shopping, and sometimes TARGET is the store with what is needed, and she needed to pee....

-

No worries, it was nothing personal. Just on read of the story I'm struggling with the idea that we have all the info here.

I've absolutely no idea. Do you have a source that actually explains the sequence of events or the details of the legal cases (it seems to be plural since there is a reference to a "counterclaim")? Have you read the court documents (it'd obviously take some effort to track them down which the news organisations have done nothing to aid with)?

If you're reaching a conclusion on the basis of these limited semi-reports alone, you're no more aware of the truth than I am. The fact that the information presented makes little sense should tell you that there's more to this we're not being told though.

-

Is your thread about a hero saving a girl and getting sued....or peeing?

I've absolutely no idea. Do you have a source that actually explains the sequence of events or the details of the legal cases (it seems to be plural since there is a reference to a "counterclaim")? Have you read the court documents (it'd obviously take some effort to track them down which the news organisations have done nothing to aid with)?

If you're reaching a conclusion on the basis of these limited semi-reports alone, you're no more aware of the truth than I am. The fact that the information presented makes little sense should tell you that there's more to this we're not being told though.

A Pittsburgh Man Stopped a Stabbing Inside Target; Now the Store Is Suing Him - The Root

The Judge of the stabbers trial thinks the lawsuit is silly:

Turner's trial is set to begin Monday, and the Meadows family, who live in Tennessee and were visiting in Pittsburgh when the attack happened, plan to make the trek to support Turner.

Walls was sentenced to 20 years for the stabbings, CBS Pittsburgh reports. During his sentencing, Judge Donna Jo McDaniel criticized Target for suing Turner, noting that the mega chain store was going after the "heroes" in an attempt to make the victims back down from their lawsuit.

It certainly appears that TARGET management has gone Leftie Loonie.

What missing is that the incident started down the block from the store and the perp was chased into the Walmart by the "good Samaritan" who threatened him with a baseball bat causing the perp to grab the girl as a hostage and eventually stabbed her. He never would have grabbed that girl, if not for being chased and threatened by civilian "vigilantes".
According to the criminal complaint, the incident began when Walls stabbed a man named Jobe Wright near a construction site on nearby Highland Avenue. Police said Walls ran down the street toward Penn Circle and into Target, followed by Wright, his friend Michael Turner, and Tyrique Walker, who called 911 to report their location, and Roland Smith, who grabbed a baseball bat to help Wright.

Once they were all inside the store, "Walls saw Walker and attempted to stab him with a large swing at his neck area," the complaint said. "Walls, missing his target, then moved towards the checkout area at the Target store where he began trying to stab additional victims who were in the store. Walls then grabbed Allison Meadows and held her against her will at knifepoint in one of the checkout lanes to use her as a shield. Victims Hosea Davis, Mike Turner, Jobe Wright and Roland Smith attempted to subdue Walls and to free Meadows when they saw him poke the knife into Meadows' back."

It should also be noted that this incident took place back in 2013, and the lawsuits were filed shortly afterwards. This story was likely rehashed in May 2016 as a criticism of Target, which was subjected to a variety of false claims, misleading accusations, and fake news stories after reconfirming its commitment to inclusivity by allowing transgender customers to use restrooms corresponding with their gender identities.

Target Sues 'Hero' for Saving Stabbing Victim : snopes.com

Last edited:
.......“Everyone thinks Walls walked inside Target and stabbed this little girl, but that’s not what happened, you had an encounter prior to that?” asked KDKA’s Brenda Waters.

“At this point, we were standing on Highland Avenue, and then that’s when Walls attacked Jobe Wright. At that point, Roland Smith and Tyreek Walker pursued behind him. At this point, I get in a car with Jobe Wright,” said Turner.

Turner says he and his friend got in a car to find Walls and when they arrived at Target another friend came out of the store and said “he’s in there.”

“I entered Target, I run up the escalator, I make a right, that’s when I encountered Walls in the store,” said Turner.

Turner says he and Walls exchanged words. He also says he went into the store with a baseball bat......

“Hero” Who Saved Girl In East Liberty Target Stabbing Rampage Being Sued « CBS Pittsburgh

:coffeepap

There is alot missing. Target Sues 'Hero' for Saving Stabbing Victim : snopes.com

Long story short, Turner chased the guy with a knife into the store, the encounter started well away from it. The girl mentioned in the story, her family is suing Target for not keeping her safe, so this lawsuit is in response, to make the point that it was not them that caused the knife wielding guy to be in the store.

Also note that the lawsuits where filed in 2013, this is hardly a new story.

-

I found the full details with a 5 second google search. You could not have tried very hard to find it.

And funny how you immediately change the subject to bathrooms.

So it's about the money, though you calling that 'Leftie Loonie' beggars description.

What on earth makes you think that Leftie Loons are not always after power and money?

-

He was being chased, because he was threatening and stabbing people out on the street!

-

And Target is being sued because he was chased into their store and stabbed some one there. See the chain of events?

He was being chased, because he was threatening and stabbing people out on the street!

-
So why is that the left or Targets fault?

Hope Target loses this one. This is why we should never tolerate laws that create an affirmative duty to help someone out.

And Target is being sued because he was chased into their store and stabbed some one there. See the chain of events?

How about we actually blame the nut who did the stabbing rather than the dude who actually tried to stop him?

Back
Top Bottom