• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

PC attack on the USS Soup. Salty Chief forced to walk the plank

APACHERAT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
COMMAND MASTER CHIEF ON DD SHOUP
WALKS THE PLANK - "OLD SALT" RICK HELWICK
RELIEVED AFTER BEING FOUND GUILTY OF
(OMG!) "GRABBING" SHIRT OF OUT-OF-UNIFORM
SAILOR - 25-YEAR NAVY VETERAN FIRED BY
FEMALE SKIPPER AT CAPTAIN'S MAST

>" This isn't your father's, much less your grand-dad's, Navy. It's "PC all the way," now. (Obama's politicaly correct Navy)

A highly-respected CMC assigned to the Everett, Wash. based DD Shoup has been relieved for, get this - "grabbing the shirt" of an out-of-uniform sailor.It's enough to make many an old chief (now in the sod), spin in his grave at the thought. What are we coming to?

The 43 year-old top enlisted sailor might as well put in his retirement papers. His career is over, and his many years of experience is about to be lost to the Navy. "<
continue reading. -> CMC RICK HELWICK

Not enough info for me to make a real decision, but unless something major was left out I would say this was way out of line.

God help that sailor if it has been in the old days when Marines were still on ships, and it was a Gunnery Sergeant that had done this.

militarycorruption.com.?:roll:

This really could use a bit more detail.

Grab my shirt and I'll bite your ear off.

Then enjoy spending a few weeks on bread and water (yes, the Navy still has that as a punishment).

I remember when I was out in Kin one time I saw an NCO ripping into somebody for wearing a shirt that was inappropriate (I forget what was on it, but it was vulgar I do remember). He reamed the guy up one side and down the other, made him turn it inside out and return to base to put on another shirt.

And I admit when I was an NCO I had done similar things. When you join the military you agree to all regulations that you are now under. And every unit I was in made it clear what was acceptable civilian wear, and what was not. I even had one unit which required socks over the ankle, a shirt with a collar and a belt that extended from 2-4" from the buckle, no rips, tears or discoloration on any clothing at all.

Do not follow those, and we turned you back at the gate and did not let you out. Period.

Then enjoy spending a few weeks on bread and water (yes, the Navy still has that as a punishment).

I remember when I was out in Kin one time I saw an NCO ripping into somebody for wearing a shirt that was inappropriate (I forget what was on it, but it was vulgar I do remember). He reamed the guy up one side and down the other, made him turn it inside out and return to base to put on another shirt.

And I admit when I was an NCO I had done similar things. When you join the military you agree to all regulations that you are now under. And every unit I was in made it clear what was acceptable civilian wear, and what was not. I even had one unit which required socks over the ankle, a shirt with a collar and a belt that extended from 2-4" from the buckle, no rips, tears or discoloration on any clothing at all.

Do not follow those, and we turned you back at the gate and did not let you out. Period.

Ah, don't take me too seriously. I'm just messing with ApacheRat. It's just sport-posting:)

Military Corruption.com should only be used as a starting point for further research like Wikipedia should be used.

Militarycorruption.com is not PC like Stars and Stripes or Military Times.

Hear you go.

>" The command master chief of the Everett, Wash.-based destroyer Shoup was fired Monday after being found guilty at captain’s mast of assaulting a junior sailor.

Command Master Chief (SW) Rick A. Helwick was relieved of his duties Monday following a substantiated allegation that he grabbed a junior sailor by the uniform blouse because he was not wearing the proper uniform, according to a Navy statement..."<
Continue.
Destroyer CMC sacked after grabbing sailor by uniform | Navy Times | navytimes.com

Master Chief Rick A. Helwick

TODAYS PC NAVY

>" This isn't your father's, much less your grand-dad's, Navy. It's "PC all the way," now. (Obama's politicaly correct Navy)

A highly-respected CMC assigned to the Everett, Wash. based DD Shoup has been relieved for, get this - "grabbing the shirt" of an out-of-uniform sailor.It's enough to make many an old chief (now in the sod), spin in his grave at the thought. What are we coming to?

The 43 year-old top enlisted sailor might as well put in his retirement papers. His career is over, and his many years of experience is about to be lost to the Navy. "<

Unfortunately, I know exactly the kind of trend you're talking about. Sad.

Y'know, there's a whole lot here we don't know. There's nothing here about what gender or race of the sailor whose shirt he grabbed. There's also nothing about other things the CMC may have done - and I've seen a lot of CMC's get away with a lot of things. What's more, it's not like this CMC got 'fired' in the civilian sense - he almost certainly lost not one penny of pay. He simply lost his position.

I remember a carrier CMC - he was next in line for fleet CMC - who got fired for what he did on liberty (in Hobart, Tasmania, IIRC). The chief master-at-arms saw the CMC getting a lap dance from a female master chief where less senior personnel were present, and rightly blew the whistle. Sure, we can say that what people do off duty is their business, but the CMC was effectively in the direct chain of command of the female master chief - he would have had a direct effect on her career. So this was certainly out of line.

But the CMC was a popular person in the Chief's Mess - and so, because the CMAA blew the whistle, he was immediately ostracized by almost the entirety of the rest of the chiefs on board. So in my retirement ceremony I made sure to point out what this chief - whom I hadn't liked since forever - had done the right thing, that he'd shown courage to blow the whistle even though he had to know how it would affect him and his career. The others at my retirement ceremony didn't like hearing this, but I didn't care - it was the right thing to do.

So...I'm not going to pass judgment one way or another on CMC Helwick - we simply don't know the backstory.

But, you wouldn't go pouting to the commander about though. Right?

If that petty officer was a ***** like that, I would REALLY kick his ass, after I got out of the brig.

Y'know, there's a whole lot here we don't know. There's nothing here about what gender or race of the sailor whose shirt he grabbed.

Why should the gender or race of the sailor who was out of uniform be an issue ?

But in today's Obama's PC Navy, it's all about diversity isn't it ?

If that petty officer was a ***** like that, I would REALLY kick his ass, after I got out of the brig.

Those who never served say it's just another sea story. Those who were actually there said it happened.

The entire 1st Mar Div was standing in formation at Main Side at Camp Pendleton. Chesty Puller just finished inspecting the 1st Mar Div. After his typical profanity filled pep talk to the Marines he turned around to the Camp Pendleton commanding officer and said "Now take me to the base brig where the real Marines are."

That one was going around when I was in.
Those who never served say it's just another sea story. Those who were actually there said it happened.

The entire 1st Mar Div was standing in formation at Main Side at Camp Pendleton. Chesty Puller just finished inspecting the 1st Mar Div. After his typical profanity filled pep talk to the Marines he turned around to the Camp Pendleton commanding officer and said "Now take me to the base brig where the real Marines are."

Ah, the good old days, when you could assault a junior employee for any stuoid reason, and nobody cared...

That one was going around when I was in.

I served alongside with some lifers who said they were there and Chesty did say it.

Even today I cross paths with those who were serving with the 1st Mar Div back then and they say it's true.

Some of the young Marines serving today wonder if it's just another sea story that the 5th Marines forced march 150 miles from 29 Stumps to Camp Pendleton in just five days. Nobody rode in any vehicles. The entire regiment with full field marching packs and carrying all their weapons humped from 29 Palm to Pendleton.

Now that's one force march I wouldn't have mind participating in. I love a real challenge.

I bet your "Call of Duty" sevice record's impeccable.

I was raised by any number of navy chiefs whenever my father was at sea. Navy Chiefs were a unique breed...an O1-O3 wouldnt even speak to one unless it was to ask if he could fill his coffee cup (black...and dont wash the ****ing cup).

Charged for grabbing a blouse? Sorry...no way I would have made 20 in todays military. Out and glad for it.

there might have been a boob in it, there is often more to these stories.
I was raised by any number of navy chiefs whenever my father was at sea. Navy Chiefs were a unique breed...an O1-O3 wouldnt even speak to one unless it was to ask if he could fill his coffee cup (black...and dont wash the ****ing cup).

Charged for grabbing a blouse? Sorry...no way I would have made 20 in todays military. Out and glad for it.

Why should the gender or race of the sailor who was out of uniform be an issue ?

But in today's Obama's PC Navy, it's all about diversity isn't it ?

And again, this is the same kind of complaint that the old timers gave back when Truman was forcibly integrating the armed services.

there might have been a boob in it, there is often more to these stories.
Maybe...but the news report said it was a male soldier. There might have been more to it...probably is. Probably from both sides of the deck.

Its a different military. We all have stories, whether it involves launching an E4 from a truck or pinning on stripes or whatever. Yesterday is gone. They can have todays military. My only problem with that is I have 2 sons still in.

My son is in the Marine Corps. I dunno if it has really changed that much or not. I walked all over MCRD San Diego in November and it "felt" the same. Guess this is what it is like getting old.
Maybe...but the news report said it was a male soldier. There might have been more to it...probably is. Probably from both sides of the deck.

Its a different military. We all have stories, whether it involves launching an E4 from a truck or pinning on stripes or whatever. Yesterday is gone. They can have todays military. My only problem with that is I have 2 sons still in.

My son is in the Marine Corps. I dunno if it has really changed that much or not. I walked all over MCRD San Diego in November and it "felt" the same. Guess this is what it is like getting old.
The Marines have been the most resistant to the PC changes. Dont know if they have been infested yet or how deep. I hope not.

The fact is, many a good servicemember had their career saved by a wall to wall counseling session.

Back
Top Bottom