• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Payette- Gone by Christmas

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Payette- Gone by Christmas

Governor General'''s disregard for RCMP security detail driving up costs, sources say | CBC News

Payette's secrecy and resistance to working with the RCMP routinely sends her protective detail scrambling to fulfil last-minute requests and drives up spending on overtime, hotel and plane tickets, multiple sources told CBC News.

Payette has even made repeated attempts to slip away from her protectors in Canada and abroad, sources say. The force has also had to apologize for her behaviour to foreign security abroad because she treated them so poorly, said sources.

The latest revelations come as the Governor General's office is under an extraordinary workplace review by the Privy Council Office after CBC News reported claims Payette has belittled, berated and publicly humiliated employees. She's also under fire for spending more than $250,000 on renovation projects for her desire for privacy, though after three years in office she still hasn't moved into her official residence.

I am expecting Trudeau will be asking her to resign any day now.

Has a GG Ever been removed before?

Resign or be carried out in disgrace.

I’m honestly quite surprised by this behaviour, she’s an astronaut and I thought these people had psych evaluations and have to be pretty disciplined before they’re entrusted to go on missions.

I guess some fall through the cracks...

Diaper-wearing astronaut jailed in love triangle plot – The Denver Post

IT all seems very odd. Yes, I think GG Payette will "resign" before year's end. The staff at Rideau Hall and the RCMP will be greatly relieved.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Last edited:
I am expecting Trudeau will be asking her to resign any day now.

Lol. He just defended her. Whistleblowers are nervous about that - presuming that this so-called "investigation" will not go anywhere.
Trudeau could've used the investigation in refraining from making any comment when asked about it.
He's using the COVID as an excuse!
Like as if we'll have to stomach anyone and anything - like blatant corruption and abuse of power - just because we have a pandemic!

Mmmmmm.....maybe oppositions and investigative journalists should dig up why Trudeau's sticking his neck out for Payette.
There might be a connection. There might be something to uncover here........

Last edited:
I’m honestly quite surprised by this behaviour, she’s an astronaut and I thought these people had psych evaluations and have to be pretty disciplined before they’re entrusted to go on missions.

I guess some fall through the cracks...

Diaper-wearing astronaut jailed in love triangle plot – The Denver Post

Oversized ego, maybe? Because she's a scientists.....and a freakin' female astronaut?
And, I think she held another position prior to being GG? No doubt, she's got impressive achievements.
She can be disdainful and mocking.....

Disdain and mockery:' Saskatchewan premier criticizes Governor General's speech

Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall says Gov. Gen. Julie Payette should avoid denigrating faiths that believe in a creator.

Payette has faced criticism for a speech last week that some say mocked people of faith and appeared to criticize people who believe in creationism and horoscopes.
'Disdain and mockery:' Saskatchewan premier criticizes Governor General's speech | National Post

Our Very own Space Cadet: Juliette Payette[W:44]

Trudeau defends Payette, says he is not considering replacing GG '''right now''' | CBC News

But could be, she'll be gone by Christmas. We heard Trudeau say the same nice things about Morneau.

Last edited:
Seriously? When was the last time a Liberal, or Liberal appointee, was removed from office for inappropriate behavior. If anyone should be removed or resign by Christmas it would be Justin Trudeau - blackface, sexually inappropriate behavior, corruption, incompetence - all ignored by Liberals in favour of wavy hair and drunken sailor spending. Liberal members of parliament are terrified of a petty and spiteful Trudeau. Trudeau admit a mistake? Ha ha - fat chance.

Just another Justin Trudeau "teachable moment" for the rest of us.

Worst Prime Minister in the history of this proud country - shameful.

Lol. He just defended her. Whistleblowers are nervous about that - presuming that this so-called "investigation" will not go anywhere.
Trudeau could've used the investigation in refraining from making any comment when asked about it.
He's using the COVID as an excuse!
Like as if we'll have to stomach anyone and anything - like blatant corruption and abuse of power - just because we have a pandemic!

Mmmmmm.....maybe oppositions and investigative journalists should dig up why Trudeau's sticking his neck out for Payette.
There might be a connection. There might be something to uncover here........

What did you expect him to say, he can't exactly threaten the nuclear option of removing her by force. Until he can convince her to resign he at least publicly needs to support her. Even Erin O'Toole seems to acknowledge that. Why can't you? A prime minister cannot have a bad relationship with a governor general.

What did you expect him to say, he can't exactly threaten the nuclear option of removing her by force. Until he can convince her to resign he at least publicly needs to support her. Even Erin O'Toole seems to acknowledge that. Why can't you? A prime minister cannot have a bad relationship with a governor general.
:roll:

Let me repeat:

Trudeau could've used the investigation in refraining from making any comment
when asked about it.

By seeming to protect the GG had given some whistleblowers coldfeet! I don't blame them.

:roll:

Let me repeat:

Trudeau could've used the investigation in refraining from making any comment
when asked about it.

By seeming to protect the GG had given some whistleblowers coldfeet! I don't blame them.

He needs to give at least the appearance of supporting her till she can be convinced to resign. Meanwhile he has Freeland to actually make comments and she has.

Back
Top Bottom