• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Payback time for Pete Davidson as Dan Crenshaw appears on 'SNL'

TrumpTrain

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Payback time for Pete Davidson as Dan Crenshaw appears on 'SNL'
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/wounded-veteran-appears-on-snl-to-get-revenge-on-pete-davidson

EXCERPT: ".......This week, Crenshaw joined Davidson onstage in New York City to put the incident behind them.

“In what I'm sure was a huge shock for people who know me, I made a poor choice last week,” Davidson said before Crenshaw appeared. “I made a joke about Lieutenant Commander Dan Crenshaw, and on behalf of the show and myself, I apologize.”

“I mean this from the bottom of my heart. It was a poor choice of words. The man is a war hero and he deserves all of the respect in the world. And if any good came of this, maybe it was that for one day the left and the right finally came together to agree on something: that I'm a d---,” he added.

Next it was Crenshaw’s turn. After accepting Davidson's apology, he got a call on his cellphone - which featured a ringtone of the Ariana Grande song "Breathin."

Davidson appeared to be surprised but laughed in response. Then Crenshaw took a few shots at the "SNL" star.

“This is Pete Davidson,” Crenshaw said as a photo of Davidson appeared. “He looks like if the meth from 'Breaking Bad' was a person,” Crenshaw said. “He looks like a troll doll with a tapeworm.” And then, “He looks like Martin Short in 'The Santa Clause 3.' By the way, one of these people was actually good on 'SNL.'"

“You’re not wrong,” Davidson replied.

Since Saturday's episode fell on Veterans Day weekend, Crenshaw told viewers the best way to respect service members is to tell them "Never forget."

"When you say ‘Never forget,’ you are implying that as an American you are in it with them, not separated by a barrier between civilians and veterans,” Crenshaw said directly to the camera. “Never forget those we lost in war, and never forget those we lost on 9/11, like Pete’s father.” He and Davidson then each respectfully told each other, “Never forget.”

dave_crenshaw_snl.png

Its too bad people in this forum cannot shake hands and be more civil like these two did:

Classy move for SNL to do this. Glad to see it and I thought Crenshaw did a fine job.

Its too bad people in this forum cannot shake hands and be more civil like these two did:

It's also too bad that NBC has so little respect for the ideas expressed in this follow up apology that the apology was needed to control the damage.

This was NOT an off hand, spontaneous remark by the idiot on the screen. It was a scripted, telepromptered, edited and approved by management sequence of remarks for effect.

Now the management that approved the script and put it on the teleprompter is scapegoating the on-air idiot.

To me this is the compounding of one sin after another.

It's also too bad that NBC has so little respect for the ideas expressed in this follow up apology that the apology was needed to control the damage.

This was NOT an off hand, spontaneous remark by the idiot on the screen. It was a scripted, telepromptered, edited and approved by management sequence of remarks for effect.

Now the management that approved the script and put it on the teleprompter is scapegoating the on-air idiot.

Thats all true. I have no love for the liars who run NBC. But still, I think the two guys on the screen meant what they were saying, and thats the nice part of the story.

Thats all true. I have no love for the liars who run NBC. But still, I think the two guys on the screen meant what they were saying, and thats the nice part of the story.

Crenshaw is a class act top to bottom and front to back.

The rest are simply dancing bears trying to get one more payday.

When SNL deals fair and makes jokes about all sides of all debates and positions on the political spectrum, I'll have some respect for them.

As it is, they are simply political hacks masquerading as comics. I am not their "target audience". I get it.

I could never tell what political affiliation was held by Johnny Carson. He was pretty successful. So was Jay Leno. These guys were creative.

Guys like these SNL hacks are using the exact structure in their current jokes as is used in racist jokes.

SNL a-hole humor: This guy's dumb. Get it? He's dumb because he's a Republican. Get it? He's a Republican.

Racist a-hole humor: This guy's dumb. Get it? He's dumb because he's a Black. Get it? He's a Black.

There's no difference between their jokes and racist jokes except that the reviled and hated targeted group of their jokes are Republicans.

The same is true of any humor based on the constructed, hate filled definitions of the targets and it's been going on for millennia.

Seems to be pretty effective, though. Maybe that's why it continues. Nothing succeeds like success and hate seems to succeed.

Crenshaw is a class act top to bottom and front to back.

The rest are simply dancing bears trying to get one more payday.

When SNL deals fair and makes jokes about all sides of all debates and positions on the political spectrum, I'll have some respect for them.

As it is, they are simply political hacks masquerading as comics. I am not their "target audience". I get it.

I could never tell what political affiliation was held by Johnny Carson. He was pretty successful. So was Jay Leno. These guys were creative.

Guys like these SNL hacks are using the exact structure in their current jokes as is used in racist jokes.

SNL a-hole humor: This guy's dumb. Get it? He's dumb because he's a Republican. Get it? He's a Republican.

Racist a-hole humor: This guy's dumb. Get it? He's dumb because he's a Black. Get it? He's a Black.

There's no difference between their jokes and racist jokes except that the reviled and hated targeted group of their jokes are Republicans.

The same is true of any humor based on the constructed, hate filled definitions of the targets and it's been going on for millennia.

Seems to be pretty effective, though. Maybe that's why it continues. Nothing succeeds like success and hate seems to succeed.

Again, everything you say is true.

But again, I'd rather see this after an election than the thuggery we are seeing elsewhere. even if it is phony'd up

Last edited:

You're mad that they did it and now mad that they did a rather big mea culpa. Some people just can't be pleased I suppose.

Last edited:
You're mad that they did it and now mad that they did a rather big mea culpa. Some people just can't be pleased I suppose.

I admit I did not watch it and don't care to.

Did the on air dope apologize for the entire show and the network or just for himself as an on air idiot?

It was a corporate decision last week to speak that particular corporately approved and written message through the moron who appeared on camera.

My point that you seem to have missed entirely was that the network propagandists are scapegoating the moron who appeared on camera to voice their propaganda.

That he's a moron is only incidental to the delivery of the message. He's like a courier delivering a parcel or a pizza.

I admit I did not watch it and don't care to.

Did the on air dope apologize for the entire show and the network or just for himself as an on air idiot?

It was a corporate decision last week to speak that particular corporately approved and written message through the moron who appeared on camera.

My point that you seem to have missed entirely was that the network propagandists are scapegoating the moron who appeared on camera to voice their propaganda.

That he's a moron is only incidental to the delivery of the message. He's like a courier delivering a parcel or a pizza.

My bad. I thought you were going to be sensible. Instead you opt for admitting you are commenting on something you didn't even see and then side-tracked yourself into conspiracy theories about your right-wing victimhood complex at the nefarious hands of the ebil networks. :roll:

Classy move for SNL to do this. Glad to see it and I thought Crenshaw did a fine job.

SNL insulted a wounded veteran. They knew they had to cover their asses.

Were you mad that they insulted a wounded veteran?

Well said. The right wing warriors here seem much angrier about this than Crenshaw was. They just cannot let it go even though he can.

Well said. The right wing warriors here seem much angrier about this than Crenshaw was. They just cannot let it go even though he can.

Why are you playing down an attack on a wounded veteran?

That is what comes to mind whenever I run across one of your posts!

/sarcasm

Actually I saw it live and thought it was tasteless and wasn't pleased. I'm glad they did the mea culpa and I'm glad the congressmen elect was such a class act about it. And he had good delivery.

Why are you playing down an attack on a wounded veteran?

And here I answered you thinking you were asking an honest question for once but I see you are just trolling it out as a tactic towards everyone instead. Sad.

Last edited:
Actually I saw it live and thought it was tasteless and wasn't pleased. I'm glad they did the mea culpa and I'm glad the congressmen elect was such a class act about it. And he had good delivery.

You certainly failed to express any outrage.

You certainly failed to express any outrage.

Even Crenshaw said Pete Davidson didn't need to apologize but you... you demand it. I'm sorry you feel like you are the victim here well beyond even Crenshaw. I guess I don't have what it takes to mend your ever so tender feelings.

apdst faux outrage for the loss.

Were you just as mad when Trump insulted McCain? Where in the hell was that apology?

It was indeed juvenile for SNL to insult Crenshaw.

But I must say they did the right thing bringing him on the show and apologizing face to face. And in a strange way this little incident has brought more favorable attention to Dan Crenshaw than all the smarmy political ads on tv. It is highly doubtful any of us even knew of Crenshaw before the incident.

But as of now I am so impressed with Dan Crenshaw that I would vote for him to president over any of the current suggested names.

Even Crenshaw said Pete Davidson didn't need to apologize but you... you demand it. I'm sorry you feel like you are the victim here well beyond even Crenshaw. I guess I don't have what it takes to mend your ever so tender feelings.

apdst faux outrage for the loss.

Your hypocrisy is noted.

Were you just as mad when Trump insulted McCain? Where in the hell was that apology?

It was indeed juvenile for SNL to insult Crenshaw.

But I must say they did the right thing bringing him on the show and apologizing face to face. And in a strange way this little incident has brought more favorable attention to Dan Crenshaw than all the smarmy political ads on tv. It is highly doubtful any of us even knew of Crenshaw before the incident.

But as of now I am so impressed with Dan Crenshaw that I would vote for him to president over any of the current suggested names.

Were you just as mad when McCain insulted all American service members?

Back
Top Bottom