• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Payback time for Pete Davidson as Dan Crenshaw appears on 'SNL'

I saw this yesterday and thought it was handled deftly. Davidson got his comeuppance but Crenshaw didn't retaliate so much that he ended up making Davidson look sympathetic.

Were you just as mad when Trump insulted McCain? Where in the hell was that apology?

It was indeed juvenile for SNL to insult Crenshaw.

But I must say they did the right thing bringing him on the show and apologizing face to face. And in a strange way this little incident has brought more favorable attention to Dan Crenshaw than all the smarmy political ads on tv. It is highly doubtful any of us even knew of Crenshaw before the incident.

But as of now I am so impressed with Dan Crenshaw that I would vote for him to president over any of the current suggested names.

Were you just as mad when McCain insulted all American service members?

I was unfamiliar with McCain insulting all American service members.

But make it noted that you had no problem for draft dodging Trump to insult a former POW. How pathetic.

I was unfamiliar with McCain insulting all American service members.

But make it noted that you had no problem for draft dodging Trump to insult a former POW. How pathetic.

Of course you were.

Lol, so the payback for SNL receiving advertisement revenue at the expense of jokes about a service members, was another show with SNL receiving more advertisement revenue with the help of a service member.

I see.

Kind of like how burning and boycotting the Nike shoes you'd already paid for was going to hurt Nike's sales.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Payback time for Pete Davidson as Dan Crenshaw appears on 'SNL'
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/wounded-veteran-appears-on-snl-to-get-revenge-on-pete-davidson

EXCERPT: ".......This week, Crenshaw joined Davidson onstage in New York City to put the incident behind them.

“In what I'm sure was a huge shock for people who know me, I made a poor choice last week,” Davidson said before Crenshaw appeared. “I made a joke about Lieutenant Commander Dan Crenshaw, and on behalf of the show and myself, I apologize.”

“I mean this from the bottom of my heart. It was a poor choice of words. The man is a war hero and he deserves all of the respect in the world. And if any good came of this, maybe it was that for one day the left and the right finally came together to agree on something: that I'm a d---,” he added.

Next it was Crenshaw’s turn. After accepting Davidson's apology, he got a call on his cellphone - which featured a ringtone of the Ariana Grande song "Breathin."

Davidson appeared to be surprised but laughed in response. Then Crenshaw took a few shots at the "SNL" star.

“This is Pete Davidson,” Crenshaw said as a photo of Davidson appeared. “He looks like if the meth from 'Breaking Bad' was a person,” Crenshaw said. “He looks like a troll doll with a tapeworm.” And then, “He looks like Martin Short in 'The Santa Clause 3.' By the way, one of these people was actually good on 'SNL.'"

“You’re not wrong,” Davidson replied.

Since Saturday's episode fell on Veterans Day weekend, Crenshaw told viewers the best way to respect service members is to tell them "Never forget."

"When you say ‘Never forget,’ you are implying that as an American you are in it with them, not separated by a barrier between civilians and veterans,” Crenshaw said directly to the camera. “Never forget those we lost in war, and never forget those we lost on 9/11, like Pete’s father.” He and Davidson then each respectfully told each other, “Never forget.”

dave_crenshaw_snl.png

Rather a class act there.

All parties handled that little reconciliation with class.

All parties handled that little reconciliation with class.

This is HOW it should be. Mess Up own it... ...apologize... have a little fun and move one.....

Nope... instead of coming together.... we would rather go to our far corners and keep going deeper....

Trump Vs Acosta

or

Crenshaw vs Davidson.

Ill take the latter... 2 decent human beings..... compared to the grandstanding idiots the other day....

Quick shameless plug.....

To my Fellow Veterans and ALL those that SUPPORTED those Veterans. Friends Family and loved ones INCLUDED.... Thank you for your services as its NOT just the guy that deployed but the loving support of ALL those that support them during their service!

Thank you!

My bad. I thought you were going to be sensible. Instead you opt for admitting you are commenting on something you didn't even see and then side-tracked yourself into conspiracy theories about your right-wing victimhood complex at the nefarious hands of the ebil networks. :roll:

During the intervening week, I have watched the a clip of the appearance of the Congressman on SNL.

Due to his class and graciousness, the segment was very admirable. For him, it seemed to be honest attempt to build bridges. His words and actions would seem to undermine the description of Republicans constantly forced on us by SNL.

I wonder if any of his class and graciousness will infect the staff of SNL...

I wonder if the real world to which they were provided a glimpse will be presented in their work at any point in the future.

It is pathetic that a comedy show had to apologize.

What I mean by that is that they have gone so far off the rails and are so one sided that they have gotten it in their heads that they can get away with anything.

As has been said before, this joke was approved by multiple people before it went on air live.

A comedian like Jay Leno, who took shots at both sides, might have been able to get away with a joke even about this same subject, but when it is so one sided it can be seen as malicious, as happened here.

As bad as the '80s were for SNL, this might be the start of a downward spiral they won't be able to get out of.

So when are you going to organize a public apology to all of DP for your trash, baiting, trolling, propaganda posts that are not in any way an attempt to genuinely debate, or even discuss, news?

What I mean by that is that they have gone so far off the rails and are so one sided that they have gotten it in their heads that they can get away with anything.

As has been said before, this joke was approved by multiple people before it went on air live.

A comedian like Jay Leno, who took shots at both sides, might have been able to get away with a joke even about this same subject, but when it is so one sided it can be seen as malicious, as happened here.

As bad as the '80s were for SNL, this might be the start of a downward spiral they won't be able to get out of.

Except they don't feel like they can get away with anything because one of their comedian screwed up and worked with Crenshaw to repair the fallout.

wtf ever. Comedy routinely steps on toes. That's what it does. It doesn't matter what SNL did you'd be crying.

Good publicity stunt by Davidson.

Crenshaw seems like a real class act. I glad he is in congress they really need the help.

Except they don't feel like they can get away with anything because one of their comedian screwed up and worked with Crenshaw to repair the fallout.

The comedian didn't screw up.

He said what he was told to.

That is how SNL works. It is live, but is not ad libbed or improv.

Back
Top Bottom