• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pay Us Back! Republicans Have Spent $20.5 Million of Your Money On Benghazi Probe

Oh ? Their "proof" that politics played a serious role in the talking points comes from a fox news link :

"Morell, who was heavily involved in the final CIA talking points on Benghazi, told Baier that he never intentionally lied or mislead anyone while drafting the points, but that he did wish he had devoted more time to the process."

And the Rhodes email was a broader set of foreign policy goals, emphasis mine :

"To underscore that these protests are rooted in and Internet video, and not a broader failure or policy."

There were actual protests across the Muslim world in regards to the video. Rhodes is clearly referring to multiple protests, and not simply the attack on Benghazi.

Oh ? Their "proof" that politics played a serious role in the talking points comes from a fox news link :

"Morell, who was heavily involved in the final CIA talking points on Benghazi, told Baier that he never intentionally lied or mislead anyone while drafting the points, but that he did wish he had devoted more time to the process."

And the Rhodes email was a broader set of foreign policy goals, emphasis mine :

"To underscore that these protests are rooted in and Internet video, and not a broader failure or policy."

There were actual protests across the Muslim world in regards to the video. Rhodes is clearly referring to multiple protests, and not simply the attack on Benghazi.

Your attempt to shoot the messenger is amusing as it is a live interview.

Secondly, Morrell is on icy ground with his credibility:
No one at the NSS suggested or requested a single substantive change. That is a simple fact, and calling it a myth doesn’t change the reality.”

However, former White House NSS official Tommy Vietor subsequently told Baier of Fox News that he made at least one substantive change and, perhaps, more.

So, your current excuse is that it was a protest...with RPGs, grenades and automatic weapons. Ok sure, seems legit.

Your attempt to shoot the messenger is amusing as it is a live interview.

Secondly, Morrell is on icy ground with his credibility:

So, your current excuse is that it was a protest...with RPGs, grenades and automatic weapons. Ok sure, seems legit.

I don't understand what hole you're trying to poke in Morrell. Is that linked from your last link somewhere ?

Further, no, i was NOT calling the Benghazi attack a protest. I was using the plurality "these protests" to claim that Rhodes was talking about the actual protests that occurred in response to the video when he was reminding Rice to explain that the actual protests were actually in response to the video. Seems a normal thing. I have no idea why anyone could mistake it for a "smoking gun" unless they stuck to heavily editorialized news sources. The reason we've needed to spend $20 million into 8 investigations over four years is because they weren't going to stop fishing until they caught something to pin on Hillary.

I don't understand what hole you're trying to poke in Morrell. Is that linked from your last link somewhere ?

Further, no, i was NOT calling the Benghazi attack a protest. I was using the plurality "these protests" to claim that Rhodes was talking about the actual protests that occurred in response to the video when he was reminding Rice to explain that the actual protests were actually in response to the video. Seems a normal thing. I have no idea why anyone could mistake it for a "smoking gun" unless they stuck to heavily editorialized news sources. The reason we've needed to spend $20 million into 8 investigations over four years is because they weren't going to stop fishing until they caught something to pin on Hillary.

He suggested that NSS changed nothing and there is contradictory information from another person in NSS.

It was quite plain that Rice came out and spoke about the protest as the reason behind the Benghazi attack when it was known on day 1 that was not the case. So you aren't saying it was a protest but you keep trying to group it with protests. Sure, seems logical.

Back
Top Bottom