• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pay Us Back! Republicans Have Spent $20.5 Million of Your Money On Benghazi Probe

As already pointed out, the attacks on Hill have been politically motivated. Potential House leader McCarthy admitted as much:

McCarthy: "I knew you'd want to ask it. What you're going to see is a conservative speaker that takes a conservative Congress that puts a strategy (in place) to fight and win.

"And let me give you one example. Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right? But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she's un-trustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened had we not fought and made that happen."

Hannity: "I agree. I give you credit for that.

Yes, oversight is a political tool as much as it is a congressional tool. But it is still oversight and if State had just sent what was asked for the hearings wouldn't STILL be ongoing. If anyone is to blame for the cost due to delays, it would be the Democrats in State, and the POTUS staff. It doesn't take a year to sort out emails.

Its not the crime, its the cover up.

Please tell us what the truth is............. in 20 million spent no one else seems to know............"My inquiring mind wants to know ..."

The truth would be in the findings, but we don't have those due to the delays from state. You don't want to cost, maybe you should be concerned about the slow release of information from the executive branch.

There were hearings about that. The problem is the Democrats believed the same things as the Republicans at the time. Bad PR for both sides is not something democrats are interested in.

And part of the reason the democrats believed those things was the systematic post-processing of intelligence information by the office of special plans in order to support the narrative for war with Iraq.

But don't investigate an actual controversy over only 4,500 American lives, 32,000 American wounded, hundreds of thousands of Iraqi lives, $2 trillion dollars, or the fact that we found no WMDs nor any meaningful ties to Al Qaeda.

Go investigate the deaths of 4 Americans when an embassy was attacked by terrorists. After all, embassies have only been attacked a baker's dozen times under President Bush 2.

And part of the reason the democrats believed those things was the systematic post-processing of intelligence information by the office of special plans in order to support the narrative for war with Iraq.

But don't investigate an actual controversy over only 4,500 American lives, 32,000 American wounded, hundreds of thousands of Iraqi lives, $2 trillion dollars, or the fact that we found no WMDs nor any meaningful ties to Al Qaeda.

Go investigate the deaths of 4 Americans when an embassy was attacked by terrorists. After all, embassies have only been attacked a baker's dozen times under President Bush 2.

Repeated attempt to derail denied. Shall we stay on topic?

Repeated attempt to derail denied. Shall we stay on topic?

It's relevant- why have we spent more resources on Benghazi than we did on the Iraq war ?

In terms of loss of human life, the Iraq war was 1,125 times greater.

Yes, oversight is a political tool as much as it is a congressional tool.
I'm not discussing "tools", I'm discussing motivation. The motivation is to cause political damage to a potus candidate. It has become a fishing expedition, the original motivation has been abandoned.Whether or not her emails did or did not contain classified intel has no bearing on how the WH responded to the attack. The ambassador and those defending him did not die because of an email servers contents.

There were hearings about that. The problem is the Democrats believed the same things as the Republicans at the time. Bad PR for both sides is not something democrats are interested in.

Considering that 60% of House Democrats and 42% of Senate Democrats voted against the Iraq resolution, claiming "the Democrats believed the same things as the Republicans" isn't entirely accurate. Some of the Democrats did. And a whole lot more knew it was BS from day one.

The families of those killed in Benghazi disagree.

Congress also disagrees because they are in charge of oversight of the government, maybe it wouldn't be taking so long if their information requests were being met in a timely manner instead of repeated stonewalls.

And we all know that Congressmen never do anything for politics. :roll:

So, it appears I have rattled the hornet's nest.

How many of you can be 100% honest and say Democrats never use oversight as a political tool? It happens, its part of the process and the adversarial nature of it tends to work to keep the executive branch honest when the government is split. It is what it is. Yes, it is a political tool. It is also a Congressional duty.

The resistance in this particular instance to releasing information is curious. I see a lot of complaints about the cost. Could the cost be less if the Dept. of State and the Executive branch had been more forthcoming? We both know the answer to that.

You prove my point........

AND NOW I AM HAVTIBG TELL YOU FOR A SECOND TIME................

The FBI is wasting the taxpayers money investigating a "email server".......... a machine.......... but you continue to think it is HRC in spite of what the report says ...........

And if you think you mean they are investigating HRC............... there is the matter of "innocent until proven guilty"..............and the investigation has yet to be completed and final report issued.....

And with leaks abound saying HRC will be found not to have committed anything illegal/criminal.........

And the FBI is just waiting for the best/proper time to release that information so as not to interfere with the election process...........

Wake up my friend..............yall best wanna be so......... is slowly circling the drain......

So you're suggesting that the FBI is engaging in a witchhunt even though Obama is the president right now? :roll:

So, it appears I have rattled the hornet's nest.

How many of you can be 100% honest and say Democrats never use oversight as a political tool? It happens, its part of the process and the adversarial nature of it tends to work to keep the executive branch honest when the government is split. It is what it is. Yes, it is a political tool. It is also a Congressional duty.

The resistance in this particular instance to releasing information is curious. I see a lot of complaints about the cost. Could the cost be less if the Dept. of State and the Executive branch had been more forthcoming? We both know the answer to that.

Frankly, what is the REASON for the investigation ? What did Hillary do that Condoleezza and Powell didn't do under those 13 attacks they resided over ?

Did Hillary lie to the American public to compel them to war ...? What actions did Hillary take that warranted investigation ?

Pay Us Back! Republicans Have Spent $20.5 Million Of Your Money On Benghazi Probe
Pay Us Back! Republicans Have Spent $20.5 Million of Your Money On Benghazi Probe

The House Republican investigation into the Benghazi attacks has passed its 700th day and spent $6.5 million in taxpayer money to uncover no new evidence. It is time for Republicans to pay us back every cent that they have wasted…………………..

This is a great example of government fraud waste and abuse……………And the taxpayers are going to put a stop to it come November

Yeah, we want our 12 cent tax break!!!

Frankly, what is the REASON for the investigation ? What did Hillary do that Condoleezza and Powell didn't do under those 13 attacks they resided over ?

Did Hillary lie to the American public to compel them to war ...? What actions did Hillary take that warranted investigation ?

Lied about a video being the cause of the attack. Lie about the nature of the attack initially. Downplay the terrorist actions in the attack. An American ambassador died on her watch.

I would rather get my money back that was spent by agencies constantly trying to overspend their budgets so they can request more money the next year. That would be greatly appreciated since every government agency does that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lied about a video being the cause of the attack. Lie about the nature of the attack initially. Downplay the terrorist actions in the attack. An American ambassador died on her watch.

False. Hillary did not say the video was the cause.

False. They were not lying by failing to fully publicize all preliminary results of the ongoing investigation.

False. I have seen no evidence that the administration tried to downplay the attack.

True but insufficient.

The truth would be in the findings, but we don't have those due to the delays from state. You don't want to cost, maybe you should be concerned about the slow release of information from the executive branch.

Let my clue you in............

There ain't no there there..............

So you're suggesting that the FBI is engaging in a witchhunt even though Obama is the president right now? :roll:

Nothing of the sort........

Rather than think you know what I think or suggest...............try reading what I post without judgmental noise fogging the thought process........

Yes the FBI is more than likely on a witch hunt............ and the reason they are doing an investigation is because GOP House Committees have ask them to do so...........

Otherwise we would have 150 agents looking for the crooks

Pay Us Back! Republicans Have Spent $20.5 Million Of Your Money On Benghazi Probe

The House Republican investigation into the Benghazi attacks has passed its 700th day and spent $6.5 million in taxpayer money to uncover no new evidence. It is time for Republicans to pay us back every cent that they have wasted…………………..

This is a great example of government fraud waste and abuse……………And the taxpayers are going to put a stop to it come November

sure, when the Dems pay us back for the trillions wasted on "the war on poverty"

False. Hillary did not say the video was the cause.

False. They were not lying by failing to fully publicize all preliminary results of the ongoing investigation.

False. I have seen no evidence that the administration tried to downplay the attack.

True but insufficient.

No offense but the only way you didn't see evidence they downplayed it or blamed a video is if you didn't even try to look.

Benghazi Attack, Revisited

Rice, for example, told CBS News’ “Face the Nation” on Sept. 16 that the attack on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi began “spontaneously … as a reaction to what had transpired some hours earlier in Cairo where, of course, as you know, there was a violent protest outside of our embassy — sparked by this hateful video.” She was referring to a protest at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, where demonstrators scaled the walls and removed a U.S. flag in protest of an anti-Muslim video produced in the United States.
But Rice’s claim about a spontaneous demonstration in Benghazi proved to be false. Many Republicans — including Sen. John McCain, the party’s presidential nominee in 2008 — have charged the White House with engaging in an election-year cover-up by blaming the anti-Muslim video for the Benghazi attack, rather than acknowledging it was a premeditated terrorist attack carried out on the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attack.

True but insufficient? Oversight isn't needed when an Ambassador dies due to insufficient security and a cover up of events and causes? Who needs to die then before it becomes a need for oversight? You just lost the grounds to accuse me of partisanship with that particular little blurb.

Nothing of the sort........

Rather than think you know what I think or suggest...............try reading what I post without judgmental noise fogging the thought process........

Yes the FBI is more than likely on a witch hunt............ and the reason they are doing an investigation is because GOP House Committees have ask them to do so...........

Otherwise we would have 150 agents looking for the crooks

I'm pretty sure the FBI serves the Executive branch and does not operate under whims of Congress.

Do you really believe that to be true?

Don't you know a few GOP congressmen......... and one sitting on the - now wasting our money- committee have openly stated the investigation is/ and always was to drive down the numbers of HRC to make her election in November difficult to impossible.........

Ya go to pay attention to what's going on .........................

...or some evil folks are going to try to pull the wool over your eyes and make you seem silly when you speak in public about what really is NOT THE DASE

It'd be simply dishonest not to admit that the administration, the State Department and Clinton, have all been stonewalling pretty much each and every request for any and all information.

go, this stuff bugs me.

no, not the investigations... the idiot claim that an investigation somehow costs millions of dollars... .as if that money wouldn't have been spent in the absence of the Benghazi issue.

at best, the only argument that can be made was that the people involved would have spent their time on a different case/investigation/issue....
believe me, if these hearing didn't happen, everyone involved would have still collected their salary... .the money would be spent regardless.

in any event, it's so very troubling that you Democrats/liberals actively fight against even investigating their people or their actions....so very troubling.

And that is the truth if I ever heard it. Another truth would be that if the parties were reversed, it'd be pretty much the same thing.

Yes, oversight is a political tool as much as it is a congressional tool. But it is still oversight and if State had just sent what was asked for the hearings wouldn't STILL be ongoing. If anyone is to blame for the cost due to delays, it would be the Democrats in State, and the POTUS staff. It doesn't take a year to sort out emails.

Its not the crime, its the cover up.

What's yet one more cover up to Hillary Clinton? I mean her entire public <cough> career has been strewn with cover ups. With that much practice, I'm sure she's gotten really, really good at it.

An excellent point.

I'm pretty sure the FBI serves the Executive branch and does not operate under whims of Congress.

Well since your pretty sure that the way it is............. so then that must be so...............what then can I say but........... "end of discussion"...

Hillary Clinton Mocks Republicans Who Are Praying For Criminal Charges Against Her
Hillary Clinton Mocks Republicans Who Are Praying for Criminal Charges Against Her

………Hillary Clinton is openly laughing at Republicans who are hoping and praying for criminal charges against her before the November election………

…………. they live in that world of fantasy and hope because they’ve got a mess on their hands on the Republican side. That is not going to happen. There is not even the remotest chance that is going to happen. But look, they’ve been after me, as I say, for 25 years. And they have said things about me repeatedly that have been proven to be not only false but kind of ridiculous. ………..

As the he former Sec. of State added, “The Republicans fondest wishes won’t be fulfilled.” …………..

I keep telling folks that’s the way it is…………….

But do they believe me?

No…………..

No offense but the only way you didn't see evidence they downplayed it or blamed a video is if you didn't even try to look.

Benghazi Attack, Revisited

True but insufficient? Oversight isn't needed when an Ambassador dies due to insufficient security and a cover up of events and causes? Who needs to die then before it becomes a need for oversight? You just lost the grounds to accuse me of partisanship with that particular little blurb.

I did look, Rice's comments were not false. The video was believed to play a role. There was actual intelligence from actual eyewitnesses that the associated press in Libya actually reported on :

"As the attack in Benghazi was unfolding a few hours later, Mr. Abu Khattala told fellow Islamist fighters and others that the assault was retaliation for the same insulting video, according to people who heard him."

Whether or not that's the whole story is controversial, but that shows that Rice's statement had merit in one potential explanation at the time.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/06/1...nswer-questions-on-assault.html?referer=&_r=0

How many millions of dollars and years of investigation does an ambassador's death that is absolutely no mystery require ?

Back
Top Bottom