• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pay-up time for Brawley: '87 rape-hoaxer finally shells out for slander

I'm not defending anyone, I'm attacking. You just think that attacking your friends is the same as defending your enemy. You took my attack on a fellow con to mean that I'm defending Tawana Brawley. I'm not.

Which of my friends are you attacking? You don't even know my friends!
False accusations are made all the time.
Yes, so we should just ignore them and refrain from comment. Do you think you're the first leftist to come up with this rationale?
None of us would even know about this if it wasn't for Sharpton, and if Sharpton didn't continually keep a higher profile since as a Liberal commentator, nobody would know about it now.

None of us would have known about it?? Do you have a link to that??

In fact the news broke before Sharpton became involved. This race hustler only wanted to promote himself, once again, and this was another opportunity to sell his racist garbage to the terminally gullible.

None of us would have known about it?? Do you have a link to that??

Yes, I have a link that we wouldn't have known about it because my computer has magical access to alternate histories. :roll:

In fact the news broke before Sharpton became involved. This race hustler only wanted to promote himself, once again, and this was another opportunity to sell his racist garbage to the terminally gullible

Thank you for proving my point. The fact that it's Al Sharpton is what you and apdst care about.

I'm not defending anyone, I'm attacking. You just think that attacking your friends is the same as defending your enemy. You took my attack on a fellow con to mean that I'm defending Tawana Brawley. I'm not.

False accusations are made all the time. None of us would even know about this if it wasn't for Sharpton, and if Sharpton didn't continually keep a higher profile since as a Liberal commentator, nobody would know about it now.

While that may be true, the doesn't change the fact that the victim has not been paid his due for something he had nothing to do with.

If she would just admit what happened, she would be off the hook.

Yes, I have a link that we wouldn't have known about it because my computer has magical access to alternate histories. :roll:
So it is just your opinion based on misinformation, correct? We both knew that.
Thank you for proving my point. The fact that it's Al Sharpton is what you and apdst care about.

Certainly we care about it, as should any honest person who cares about relations between different races, cultures and religions. Where do you find fault with that?

False accusations are made all the time. None of us would even know about this if it wasn't for Sharpton, and if Sharpton didn't continually keep a higher profile since as a Liberal commentator, nobody would know about it now.

It almost sounds like you're saying that Sharpton makes black folks look bad.

So it is just your opinion based on misinformation, correct? We both knew that.

So I assume that you have a link saying this would have been big news without Al Sharpton's involvement?

Of course not, any opinion about how this would have played out without Sharpton is speculation because he DID get involved and we can't change that now.

Interestingly, your opinion leads to a better opinion of Sharpton than mine. According to you, he was a player in an important story. According to me, he was a self-promoting douche who took something that wasn't national news, attached himself onto it like a parasite, and made it national news.

So I assume that you have a link saying this would have been big news without Al Sharpton's involvement?Of course not, any opinion about how this would have played out without Sharpton is speculation because he DID get involved and we can't change that now.

He got involved AFTER the publicity of the case which, if you look back at the thread, was the point.
Interestingly, your opinion leads to a better opinion of Sharpton than mine. According to you, he was a player in an important story.

Please use the quote system.
According to me, he was a self-promoting douche who took something that wasn't national news, attached himself onto it like a parasite, and made it national news.

I agree with your assessment of Sharpton but he only involved himself after the publicity began. He decides which case might have legs and which he can ignore.

He got involved AFTER the publicity of the case which, if you look back at the thread, was the point.

And if he hadn't, my opinion is that it would have eventually disappeared out of the national spotlight, and this thread would have elicited a "Who's Tawana Brawley?"

Obviously, I can't back it up because it's speculation. IF he hadn't. Well, he did. Can't change that now.

And if he hadn't, my opinion is that it would have eventually disappeared out of the national spotlight, and this thread would have elicited a "Who's Tawana Brawley?"

Obviously, I can't back it up because it's speculation. IF he hadn't. Well, he did. Can't change that now.

You're catching on. The sad part is that you know it, nor why.

Back
Top Bottom