• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pay attention

Your limited thinking isn't allowing you to see why the democrats want mail-in voting so bad. I'll enlighten you. They know the only chance in hell that joe biden would be elected president is if they cheat, and obviously mail-in voting has vulnerabilities that they plan to exploit. The effort doesn't "suppress the vote" in any way - it suppresses voter fraud. Handicapped Americans and those abroad will still be able to vote by mail.

Suppressing the voter fraud that doesn't exist, I see. But when trump tells you the election is rigged if he loses, you believe him. Hilarious.

Your limited thinking isn't allowing you to see why the democrats want mail-in voting so bad. I'll enlighten you. They know the only chance in hell that joe biden would be elected president is if they cheat, and obviously mail-in voting has vulnerabilities that they plan to exploit. The effort doesn't "suppress the vote" in any way - it suppresses voter fraud. Handicapped Americans and those abroad will still be able to vote by mail.

Pretty funny. Show me the evidence that voting by mail has EVER significantly been associated with fraud that influenced an election. Or is it just some paranoid theory concocted by the followers of the Orange Buffoon.....fact is, mail in voting has NEVER been associated with significant fraud-EVER. It is easier and safer and it encourages people who are registered voters to vote. The followers of the Orange Buffoon want the lowest possible turnout to increase his chances. That is why they don't like mail in ballots. Get real.

Why are you fighting against mail in voting? Why do you care how people vote?

It's called "voter integrity"......placing votes into the hands of strangers before being tabulated opens the door to fraud. What is wrong with voting in person and why does the left fight against it? Absentee ballots are good, because they are requested by the voter, but sweeping mail in ballots to where they were not requested raises doubt, and doubt is never a good thing with the votes of Americans, but the left doesn't seem to care....why is that? Thanks to the democrats, this November will be the biggest screw up election in history....thank you democrats.....but this is their goal.

Calling everything a lie won't help trump win.

The catch phrase of the left...."suppression of votes" IS a lie....just calling it as it is, period.

Making it easier for eligible voters to vote isn't cheating. Talk about Orwellian logic.

It's called "voter integrity"......placing votes into the hands of strangers before being tabulated opens the door to fraud. What is wrong with voting in person and why does the left fight against it? Absentee ballots are good, because they are requested by the voter, but sweeping mail in ballots to where they were not requested raises doubt, and doubt is never a good thing with the votes of Americans, but the left doesn't seem to care....why is that? Thanks to the democrats, this November will be the biggest screw up election in history....thank you democrats.....but this is their goal.

Wow, unbelievably insane.

Wow, unbelievably insane.

A voting ballot is something to be respected with great honor, seeing how many of our fellow citizens have given their lives to give us this right. It should be protected, carefully to be counted in the way the voter desires....is this a problem for you?

A voting ballot is something to be respected with great honor, seeing how many of our fellow citizens have given their lives to give us this right. It should be protected, carefully to be counted in the way the voter desires....is this a problem for you?

No but it seems it is for you since you're the one telling people how they should vote.

No but it seems it is for you since you're the one telling people how they should vote.

It has not been me telling people how to vote....its the democrats. It is the democrats who wish to mail out 80 million ballots, non requested ballots off voter rolls that have not been kept up to date, who wish to use ballot harvesters to collect these ballots....it has not been me, but the democrats. Please stay in real life and not lala land.

It has not been me telling people how to vote....its the democrats. It is the democrats who wish to mail out 80 million ballots, non requested ballots off voter rolls that have not been kept up to date, who wish to use ballot harvesters to collect these ballots....it has not been me, but the democrats. Please stay in real life and not lala land.

can you tell me this with your infinite wisdom, who is in charge of the ballots? The democrats controlling the ballots in red states, not hardly.

Either show me evidence that widespread voter fraud has occurred because of mail in ballots or admit that you are making this stuff up. Its all theory. No proof.

Either show me evidence that widespread voter fraud has occurred because of mail in ballots or admit that you are making this stuff up. Its all theory. No proof.

It's easy to search the web to find out the problems with "ballot harvesting", yet this is common sense. When you hand your vote to a stranger, then you no longer have a secure ballot. Is this so hard to comprehend? If this "harvester" is a political operative, just a short conversation will enable him or her to know your party affiliation. Can you begin to see the ramifications?

can you tell me this with your infinite wisdom, who is in charge of the ballots? The democrats controlling the ballots in red states, not hardly.

Ultimately the voter should be in charge of their ballot and have responsibility that it is properly counted, as per the voters request.

It's easy to search the web to find out the problems with "ballot harvesting", yet this is common sense. When you hand your vote to a stranger, then you no longer have a secure ballot. Is this so hard to comprehend? If this "harvester" is a political operative, just a short conversation will enable him or her to know your party affiliation. Can you begin to see the ramifications?

The only thing we see the ramifications of is the internet rotting what was left of white winger brains. :yawn:

The only thing we see the ramifications of is the internet rotting what was left of white winger brains. :yawn:

So, handing your vote over to a complete stranger is not a problem for you?

So, handing your vote over to a complete stranger is not a problem for you?

I also put checks in envelopes and then put those envelopes in boxes that people I don't know then pick up. Oh my...:shock:

I also put checks in envelopes and then put those envelopes in boxes that people I don't know then pick up. Oh my...:shock:

Lol, equating the paying of a bill to your vote is sad commentary. Some of us take our vote serious, out of respect to those who gave us that right. I, myself think it is more the responsibility of the voter to make sure their vote is tabulated correctly, instead of relying upon politicians using a pandemic to sway an election. They cannot have my vote, for I will make sure my vote is counted and will not relinquish it over to a stranger. The left knows they cannot win, but they are dam sure going to mess this election up....this is their goal. I think it's important for people not to be swayed one way or the other in this balloting fiasco, the left has sprung....so, simply do the absentee ballot, go vote early, or go to your polling location on November 3rd...it's just that easy.

Your paranoia about mail in ballots is YOUR problem. There has never been a single election where voting by mail has been shown to be fraudulent to the point where the results were influenced. Its a fake concern meant to suppress voter participation.

Lol, equating the paying of a bill to your vote is sad commentary. Some of us take our vote serious, out of respect to those who gave us that right.

You think people don't take paying their bills seriously? :unsure13:

redbeer said:
I, myself...

Thanks for clarifying that twice for me, I was a little unsure who you were speaking for at first but the second one left little ambiguity. :lamo

redbeer said:
think it is more the responsibility of the voter to make sure their vote is tabulated correctly, instead of relying upon politicians using a pandemic to sway an election. They cannot have my vote, for I will make sure my vote is counted and will not relinquish it over to a stranger.

Unless your momma is a poll worker (the other kind) or you've had intimate relations with a poll booth, chances are you are handing your vote over to a stranger or a strange machine.

redbeer said:
The left knows they cannot win, but they are dam sure going to mess this election up....this is their goal. I think it's important for people not to be swayed one way or the other in this balloting fiasco, the left has sprung....so, simply do the absentee ballot, go vote early, or go to your polling location on November 3rd...it's just that easy.

:lamo

Your paranoia about mail in ballots is YOUR problem. There has never been a single election where voting by mail has been shown to be fraudulent to the point where the results were influenced. Its a fake concern meant to suppress voter participation.

That is merely the left's talking points you are repeating.

A portion of the article quoted below:

“The largest number of voter fraud cases involve absentee ballots,” said Hans von Spakovsky, manager of the election law reform initiative at The Heritage Foundation, where he is a senior legal fellow.

Earlier this year in New Mexico, a man and a woman pleaded guilty in a scheme that involved falsifying absentee ballots in favor of a city councilman running for mayor of the town of Espanola in 2016.

Between 1992 and 2018, at least 20 voter fraud cases resulted in overturned elections, according to The Heritage Foundation’s Election Fraud Database.

“The problem with vote harvesting is that it destroys the secret ballot. It allows people to go into homes, pressure people,” von Spakovsky, who also is a former Justice Department lawyer, member of the Federal Election Commission, and member of the 2017 Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity.

15 Election Results That Were Tossed Over Fraudulent Mail-In Ballots

Republicans are just as guilty:

Just look at the 2018 congressional race in North Carolina that was overturned by the state election board. Or the mayor of Gordon, Alabama, who was removed from office last year after his conviction for absentee ballot fraud.

Database Swells to 1,285 Proven Cases of Voter Fraud in America

With an estimated 80 million ballots being mailed for November's election, is there any doubt there will be major problems?....especially during this entirely partisan atmosphere? Thusly, my entire premise...."why trust a stranger with your vote?"

You think people don't take paying their bills seriously? :unsure13:

Thanks for clarifying that twice for me, I was a little unsure who you were speaking for at first but the second one left little ambiguity. :lamo

Unless your momma is a poll worker (the other kind) or you've had intimate relations with a poll booth, chances are you are handing your vote over to a stranger or a strange machine.

:lamo

:2funny: Looks like someone needs a refresher course on how a vote is counted in a booth, lest one still uses tabs....remember those, lol. Much more secure and authentic than simply giving your ballot to a stranger, yet some people will just simply refuse to admit this simplicity.

That is merely the left's talking points you are repeating.

A portion of the article quoted below:

“The largest number of voter fraud cases involve absentee ballots,” said Hans von Spakovsky, manager of the election law reform initiative at The Heritage Foundation, where he is a senior legal fellow.

Earlier this year in New Mexico, a man and a woman pleaded guilty in a scheme that involved falsifying absentee ballots in favor of a city councilman running for mayor of the town of Espanola in 2016.

Between 1992 and 2018, at least 20 voter fraud cases resulted in overturned elections, according to The Heritage Foundation’s Election Fraud Database.

“The problem with vote harvesting is that it destroys the secret ballot. It allows people to go into homes, pressure people,” von Spakovsky, who also is a former Justice Department lawyer, member of the Federal Election Commission, and member of the 2017 Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity.

15 Election Results That Were Tossed Over Fraudulent Mail-In Ballots

Republicans are just as guilty:

Just look at the 2018 congressional race in North Carolina that was overturned by the state election board. Or the mayor of Gordon, Alabama, who was removed from office last year after his conviction for absentee ballot fraud.

Database Swells to 1,285 Proven Cases of Voter Fraud in America

With an estimated 80 million ballots being mailed for November's election, is there any doubt there will be major problems?....especially during this entirely partisan atmosphere? Thusly, my entire premise...."why trust a stranger with your vote?"

The Daily Signal
The Heritage Foundation

Seriously. I don't believe a single thing they write. All propaganda. People have been voting by mail for years and years, and its been shown to be reliable over and over again. I admit that saying it NEVER happens is an exaggeration: I will say that it is exceedingly rare:

"Voter fraud is rare overall, and rarer by mail
When fraud does occur, election administrators identify it and take action, correcting election returns and prosecuting those responsible. That’s what happened in North Carolina in 2018, when a Republican political activist paid others to collect incomplete absentee ballots so they could be filled out to vote for the Republican candidate. The activist was arrested, charged and convicted — and the entire election was invalidated and run again.

But overall election fraud is rare
."

Here's the truth about mail-in voting: fair, safe and honest - MarketWatch

"A database of election fraud reports maintained by the conservative Heritage Foundation reports approximately 1,200 allegations of voter fraud — for which there were 1,100 criminal convictions — for voter fraud since 2000.
Of those, only 204 allegations, and 143 convictions, involved mail-in ballots. That is a tiny fraction of the roughly 250 million mail-in ballots cast over those two decades. In addition, problems are extremely rare in states that rely primarily on vote by mail."

Most voter fraud has nothing to do with mail in ballots. As the article points out, only 143 convictions of fraud involved mail in ballot fraud out of about 250M ballots.

You know as well as I do that this is fluff created by the right to lay the groundwork to challenge the election results once all the ballots are counted.

More proof that mail in voting fraud is exceedingly rare:

"After all the allegations of rampant voter fraud and claims that millions had voted illegally, the people who supervised the general election last month in states around the nation have been adding up how many credible reports of fraud they actually received. The overwhelming consensus: next to none.

In an election in which more than 137.7 million Americans cast ballots, election and law enforcement officials in 26 states and the District of Columbia — Democratic-leaning, Republican-leaning and in-between — said that so far they knew of no credible allegations of fraudulent voting. Officials in another eight states said they knew of only one allegation.

A few states reported somewhat larger numbers of fraud claims that were under review. Tennessee counted 40 credible allegations out of some 4.3 million primary and general election votes. In Georgia, where more than 4.1 million ballots were cast, officials said they had opened 25 inquiries into “suspicious voting or election-related activity.”

But inquiries to all 50 states (every one but Kansas responded) found no states that reported indications of widespread fraud. And while additional allegations could surface as states wind up postelection reviews, their conclusions are unlikely to change significantly."

All This Talk of Voter Fraud? Across U.S., Officials Found Next to None - The New York Times

It isn't trump demanding that we change the ballot system this close to the election.

No. He's just recommending we vote fraudulently by voting twice and that voting by mail, other than by absentee ballot, is rife with potential fraud.

Back
Top Bottom