• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Paula Deen's Really Southern Plantation Wedding

What do you expect from a Democrat? :)

I don't even know who this woman (Paula Dean) is ...all I can say about her is.... she is exceptionally ugly!

That aside, can somebody explain why whites are upset when black people prevent them from using the "N" word?
If a wife and husband for example call each other at home ..."honey bun" ...or "pumpkin" ....does a white guy gets offended if that husband ask not be called that name in the office?

I ask because I often hear whites act like their lives are seriously affected when blacks prevent them from using a word...and they always say blacks use it in all the time among each other?

I would bet a 19 year old black youth use that word with his friends and yet would feel offended if a 50 year old black man use that word to refer to him!

Please somebody who cannot understand this simple concept and feel pain because they can't freely use the "N" word....tell me ...tell us why you are pained ....why your life is seriously affected .......when prevented from using that word?

I wonder why nobody gets bent out of shape when Louis Farrakhan makes racial slurs about whites. He is 100 times more racist that Paula Deen.

I wonder why nobody gets bent out of shape when Louis Farrakhan makes racial slurs about whites. He is 100 times more racist that Paula Deen.

People do. You just have a selective memory.

Will conservative white southerners ever overcome the pathology of racism?

Plus....her restaurant in Savannah kinda sucked.

I found it pretty appalling. I forget that people still talk that way in some social circles, though it has nothing to do with party affiliation. There are racist idiots of all persuasions, and socio-economic statuses. I just find it puzzling that people feel it is ok to talk that way and are surprised it is a problem. In one article I read, Deen admitted that her kids "get upset" when she uses the "n-word" and she seemed puzzled about it.

You saying it does not make it so. Proof is required or else we consider the source.
How dare someone make a comment in your "alleged video" thread without providing proof! The nerve of some people!

What are you trying to say? Food Network would never fire a Democrat?

I think he's saying that only "Fox News Republicans" are racists.

Paula Deen is in the hot seat these days. She planned her brother's wedding and said she wanted the servers to be niggers in white shirts and bow ties like they were before the Civil war.

Paula Deen Racist Comments, Use Of N-Word Allegedly Caught On Video [UPDATED]

WHAT?

No, the article says she wanted them to be dressed like the old slave servers not that she wanted them to be "niggers". At least try to be honest about the facts.

From the article:

Lawyer: Is there any possibility, in your mind, that you slipped and used the word “n----r”?
Deen: No, because that’s not what these men were. They were professional black men doing a fabulous job.

Lawyer: Why did that make it a -– if you would have had servers like that, why would that have made it a really southern plantation wedding?

Deen: Well, it –- to me, of course I’m old but I ain’t that old, I didn’t live back in those days but I’ve seen the pictures, and the pictures that I’ve seen, that restaurant represented a certain era in America.

Lawyer: Okay.
Deen: And I was in the south when I went to this restaurant. It was located in the south.

Lawyer: Okay. What era in America are you referring to?
Deen: Well, I don’t know. After the Civil War, during the Civil War, before the Civil War.

Lawyer: Right. Back in an era where there were middle-aged black men waiting on white people.
Deen: Well, it was not only black men, it was black women.

Lawyer: Sure. And before the Civil War –- before the Civil War, those black men and women who were waiting on white people were slaves, right?
Deen: Yes, I would say that they were slaves.

Lawyer: Okay.
Deen: But I did not mean anything derogatory by saying that I loved their look and their professionalism.

She said nigger, that's offensive. But the overreaction from people is equally offensive to me. Drag her out in the street and stone her old ass already!!!! Geez people, blacks say nigga about 500 times a day. And you ain't sellin a damn CD one if you don't say nigga at least 100 times per song. But an old white lady from the south says it.....Armageddon.

But look how liberals ignored it when Hillary was caught on tape talking about Obama when she said, "a few years ago he would be carrying our luggage". Or when Reid said Obama wasn't your "typical black man", that he was "clean and articulate". Why didn't they get fired????

Liberals can't breath unless they're caught up in some kind of double standard.

Paula Deen is in the hot seat these days. She planned her brother's wedding and said she wanted the servers to be niggers in white shirts and bow ties like they were before the Civil war.

Paula Deen Racist Comments, Use Of N-Word Allegedly Caught On Video [UPDATED]

WHAT?

Who, really, who gives a fat rat's ass what Paula Deen said or says or thinks?

Informal poll

What Paula Deen thinks or does is a worthy issue because:

1. Nobody makes better fried okra.
2. Nothing is more fun than hating Southern people who are supposed to be haters.
3. I want people to know how totally racially cool I am.
4. Because television told me that this is an important issue.

Meanwhile over 100,000 people have been evacuated from their homes in Alberta, Canada.

Who, really, who gives a fat rat's ass what Paula Deen said or says or thinks?

Informal poll

What Paula Deen thinks or does is a worthy issue because:

1. Nobody makes better fried okra.
2. Nothing is more fun than hating Southern people who are supposed to be haters.
3. I want people to know how totally racially cool I am.
4. Because television told me that this is an important issue.

Meanwhile over 100,000 people have been evacuated from their homes in Alberta, Canada.

To hell with Alberta, a white woman said nigger. Call the laws!!!!!

The vocabulary police strike again!

You sound very upset that someone you've never given two ****s about is getting sued.

Why isn't someone suing Snoop Dogg? He says nigger 1000 times a day.....

But you wouldn't know a double standard if it hiked its leg and pissed in your Toms.

Why isn't someone suing Snoop Dogg? He says nigger 1000 times a day.....

But you wouldn't know a double standard if it hiked its leg and pissed in your Toms.

Now you sound upset that someone you don't give a crap about is getting sued, and someone you also don't give a crap about is *not* getting sued.

So much for that consistency you're making a big deal about! :lol:

Now you sound upset that someone you don't give a crap about is getting sued, and someone you also don't give a crap about is *not* getting sued.

So much for that consistency you're making a big deal about! :lol:

The double standard hiked its leg, pissed in your Toms, then wiped its ass with your scraggly beard, and you still didn't notice. Like a stubborn little kid, you simply CHOOSE to ignore my point, cause there's no way you're that dumb.

Paula Deen is nothing but a con artist that tricks unsophisticated, pickup-trick-driving bubbas in the south into thinking the crap she puts together is fine dining. There are so many dumb billy bobs that travel miles to go to Lady and Sons to buy grocery store bought food it's astonishing. People like her make it impossible to find quality restaurants in the south because everyone thinks Olive Garden is fine dining and real restaurants don't stay in business.

Back
Top Bottom