• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

Re: Paula Deen Fired

Reapin' and sowin'...but I will look forward to the repentance/rehab/restoration phase.

Well, she didn't just say "nigger" once. She admitted to saying it repeatedly. She also said she wanted a Civil War era party where middle aged black men would play slaves, LOL. In sum, she's a mess.

I would agree that a double-standard exists, but I think the comparison to Paltrow and Byrd hugely flawed. Dean's status was as an employee under contract. If someone wants to cast her in a movie, or she wants to run for political office, nothing is preventing such.

Paula Deen Fired: Food Network Cancels Show After Racism Scandal

Gwyneth Paltrow used the word niggas'. Robert Byrd was a KKK member and used the word 'nigger'. Paula Deen used he word 'nigger' in her past and she got fired. Gwyneth is doing just fine and Robert Byrd was fondly remembered by Bill Clinton.

Black people call each other niggers too..so what's the difference..

The word ''Nigger'' derived from Italian meaning black..

I have been called a ''honkey''..I would report it but I have no idea what it means..the same as ''blud claart''..Raas claas..

i cannot take offence..

Well, she didn't just say "nigger" once. She admitted to saying it repeatedly. She also said she wanted a Civil War era party where middle aged black men would play slaves, LOL. In sum, she's a mess.

As a KKK member I wonder if Robert Byrd said 'nigger' more than once? Black men and women play slaves in movies. They get paid for it.

I think this is just the straw that broke the camel's back. Mrs. Deen using the 'N' word wouldn't have gotten her fire on it's own. The shear ignorance with which she used it in a professional environment is the key to this particular controversy. But, that isn't the real reason she got fired. Her show is a dissonance within contemporary cooking shows; where 99% of shows are either cooking gourmet dishes, cheap recipes, or diet food; Paula Deen cooks southern home dishes, without any mind towards the culinary arts, frugality, or healthy nutrition. Paula Deen is a dinosaur in the industry; the food channel has had their pen on the pink slip, just waiting for a scandal like this.

Black men and women play slaves in movies. They get paid for it.
LOL. If you don't see the difference between blacks depicting a story by playing slaves in a movies and white woman wanting to role play in her actual life by pretending black people are slaves, you are ... something else.

Boy a certain crowd just look for excuses to able throw out that word.

I think this is just the straw that broke the camel's back. Mrs. Deen using the 'N' word wouldn't have gotten her fire on it's own. The shear ignorance with which she used it in a professional environment is the key to this particular controversy. But, that isn't the real reason she got fired. Her show is a dissonance within contemporary cooking shows; where 99% of shows are either cooking gourmet dishes, cheap recipes, or diet food; Paula Deen cooks southern home dishes, without any mind towards the culinary arts, frugality, or healthy nutrition. Paula Deen is a dinosaur in the industry; the food channel has had their pen on the pink slip, just waiting for a scandal like this.

So I guess Kentucky Fried Chicken franchises are all doomed then.

Maybe she will walk around carrying a bible like Clinton did.:lol:

Not likely. She's made hundreds of millions of dollars. I suspect she will retire to a life of luxury and ease.

Gwyneth Paltrow used the word niggas'. Robert Byrd was a KKK member and used the word 'nigger'. Paula Deen used he word 'nigger' in her past and she got fired. Gwyneth is doing just fine and Robert Byrd was fondly remembered by Bill Clinton.

The defense, even veiled ones, of Robert Byrd by liberals, some disguised as conservatives, is hypocritical, reprehensible, and as usual, expected.

“There are white niggers. I've seen a lot of white niggers in my time. I'm going to use that word. We just need to work together to make our country a better country, and I'd just as soon quit talking about it so much.”

“I will never submit to fight beneath that banner with a Negro by my side. Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."”

Robert C. Byrd quotes

Here's another prominent democrat using the "N" word. Maybe he should have been fired.

LOL. If you don't see the difference between blacks depicting a story by playing slaves in a movies and white woman wanting to role play in her actual life by pretending black people are slaves, you are ... something else.

In both cases people are playing a role and getting paid for it. Yes I am, I can think.

I recommend an intervention by the Rev. Jackson. All will be well.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1061959980 said:
So I guess Kentucky Fried Chicken franchises are all doomed then.

No, but a cooking show based on KFC is pretty much screwed. Sometimes I watch the iron chef while I eat KFC. But, I do it with dignity, pinkies up!

No, but a cooking show based on KFC is pretty much screwed. Sometimes I watch the iron chef while I eat KFC. But, I do it with dignity, pinkies up!

Now that is funny.:D

Dammit. Now where the hell am I supposed to learn how to make a SIX THOUSAND CALORIE meal?

I don't blame The Food Network for trying to protect their image but you've got to wonder what's wrong with them?

They've been pushing personalities over quality cooking shows for awhile now. When you promote image over substance you end up with shallow programming and non-entertaining themes.

I don't blame The Food Network for trying to protect their image but you've got to wonder what's wrong with them?

They've been pushing personalities over quality cooking shows for awhile now. When you promote image over substance you end up with shallow programming and non-entertaining themes.

Well i think the chef has to be likeable as a person in order to captivate the auidence. I wouldn't buy a cook book endorsed by the KKK just because they made good steaks.

Well i think the chef has to be likeable as a person in order to captivate the auidence. I wouldn't buy a cook book endorsed by the KKK just because they made good steaks.

You might if they made thee best steaks.

Too much importance is put on appearances in today's environment.

You might if they made thee best steaks.

Too much importance is put on appearances in today's environment.

Would you eat at a kkk steakhouse?

Too little ethics in today's society.

I've never heard of Paula Deen, and I don't know why I should care about her career in particular in the scope of the millions of careers in the US. To me she's a faceless, nameless anon who lost her job like thousands of other people today. Suck it up Paula Deen, whoever you are. Life goes on.

Back
Top Bottom