• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Paul Ryan threatens to arrest democratic House members on the floor

gavinfielder

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
I was just confounded by this. What the **** is happening? Arresting members of the legislature on the House floor would be some serious nazi ****. I hope it doesn't come to that.

House Floor Erupts in Total Chaos as Paul Ryan Threatens Protesting Democrats with Arrest

Journalist Matt Laslo confirmed rumors of U.S. Capitol Police preparing to be dispatched to arrest protesting House members, led by Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.), who has previous experience being arrested occupying public space alongside Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., during the Civil Rights Movement for African American voting rights. As of this writing, no House members have been arrested yet.

Pic from outside Capitol on first floor. Counted 7 officers inside rm and could only see one half of room. 4 outside

Demanding you be allowed to violate your oath and the rights of the people should result in you being arrested. :shrug:

I've been hearing this threat all night but nothing of the sort has happened. Ryan and the republicans have left the floor leaving the sit-in there. It's been on C-SPAN. I doubt it will happen.

Demanding you be allowed to violate your oath and the rights of the people should result in you being arrested. :shrug:

Punishable by death I suppose?

Did you take this sort of pro law enforcement position on the Bundy Ranch occupation in 2014 and resistance to law?

What about your position on the Oregon park occupation in February ? Were so gung ho about arresting those people at that time?

Punishable by death I suppose?

If they wanted to go for a catapult ride I wouldn't object, but if they don't want to go all they have to do is pay the fine until they do. It's all up to them though. Totally their choice. They should however be aware that the fine increases every year. Again though, totally their choice.

Yes, I'm joking and mocking these same idiots that claimed ACA doesn't force people into commerce because they can choose to pay the fine.

Last edited:
Ryan ran the floor long enough to get two votes done, amid chaos. I dont think he is going to clear the floor tonight, it might be that he is content for now to have video of D's disrupting the People's Chamber, keeping the peoples business from getting done (this would be more convincing if they did a ton more work than they do though).

Did you take this sort of pro law enforcement position on the Bundy Ranch occupation in 2014 and resistance to law?

What about your position on the Oregon park occupation in February ? Were so gung ho about arresting those people at that time?

Do you really want to hear what I think about the government claims to the property in dispute in the Oregon park occupation? Lets just say I don't find them lawful.

Ryan ran the floor long enough to get two votes done, amid chaos. I dont think he is going to clear the floor tonight, it might be that he is content for now to have video of D's disrupting the People's Chamber, keeping the peoples business from getting done (this would be more convincing if they did a ton more work than they do though).

Since you seem to be a Trump supporter...........

How much of a donation have you sent to the Trump for President?

I was just confounded by this. What the **** is happening? Arresting members of the legislature on the House floor would be some serious nazi ****. I hope it doesn't come to that.

House Floor Erupts in Total Chaos as Paul Ryan Threatens Protesting Democrats with Arrest
I have no idea what's going to happen here, but in the year of Trump & Sanders, with the Libertarian town hall on mainstream cable and drawing interest, it's going to be one helluva' ride this year.

Wasn't it Jefferson that said:

"A Little Rebellion Now and Then is a Good Thing"

a) what is your need/right to know status?

b) how is this topic relevant to this thread?

I hope he follows thru with arresting congressmen............it will be a Edmund Pettus bridge moment in history of Congress

The only thing that would shock me more than that is if Trump wins the election.

I am somewhat mystified by the hysteria that is being displayed.

It is not Hysteria, it is a liberal party.

All we need now is the 100 pizza delivery (Madison WI).

He's donating his superior education. Just ask him.

they have a right to protest. they do not have a right to interfere in the way they are doing.
in fact I do believe that protesting where they are is against the law anyway.

you are not allowed to protest on the capital steps so I would assume that would mean inside the capital as well.

the funny thing is what they are protesting over already exists in law so they are throwing a fit for nothing.

Do you really want to hear what I think about the government claims to the property in dispute in the Oregon park occupation? Lets just say I don't find them lawful.

As I suspected - you have two radically different standards for your support of law enforcement action - and they depend greatly on your political views and who shares them with you.

Okay ... here's the plan.
Lock the doors and cut off the A/C as the first step. Bathrooms second (I'm assuming the bathrooms aren't directly accessible from the House floor.) Pizza third. Oxygen fourth.

All I can say is that the baby cupcake dems are taking a beating on social media.. Man do they look childish.. :)

Tim-

All I can say is that the baby cupcake dems are taking a beating on social media.. Man do they look childish.. :)

Tim-

Flashbacks to the wife's toddler classes.

Every time I see Ryan standing up on the Speaker's podium in the House Chamber, he reminds me of a twelve year old. I just wished he was as smart as one.

Back
Top Bottom