• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Paul Ryan threatens to arrest democratic House members on the floor

Every time I see Ryan standing up on the Speaker's podium in the House Chamber, he reminds me of a twelve year old. I just wished he was as smart as one.

He's not the one sitting on the floor doing the Congressional version of "I'm going to hold my breath until I get my way."

I was just confounded by this. What the **** is happening? Arresting members of the legislature on the House floor would be some serious nazi ****. I hope it doesn't come to that.

House Floor Erupts in Total Chaos as Paul Ryan Threatens Protesting Democrats with Arrest

Members of Congress have no more right to disrupt the nations than do you or I. As I see it, its not about protesting. They have that right. It's about where you are protesting. Protesting inside chambers is not a right.

Yet people on here who would die for 2A applaud police departments violating our 4A rights over and over again. We all just pick and choose which of the 10 we really and truly support, right?

I don't. I support everything past the "We the people" phrase.

See, reality...

That sounds familiar. Ih, wait, The Constitution says the exact same thing!

A civil right can also be a constitutional right. The two aren't mutually exclusive. A non-citizen in the US has the constitutional right to due process and freedom of speech (Yick Wo vs. Hopkins). They do not have a right to own a gun - that makes 2nd amendment solely a constitutional right.

That you're having trouble with this is absolutely astounding.

A civil right can also be a constitutional right. The two aren't mutually exclusive. A non-citizen in the US has the constitutional right to due process and freedom of speech (Yick Wo vs. Hopkins). They do not have a right to own a gun - that makes 2nd amendment solely a constitutional right.

That you're having trouble with this is absolutely astounding.
You don't have to be a citizen to own a gun in the US.

You don't have to be a citizen to own a gun in the US.

You are right. It is possible to own one without being a citizen. It just isn't a right that they have. They can be denied gun ownership in the US for a number of reasons which would be unconstitutional if done to the average citizen.

Yet people on here who would die for 2A applaud police departments violating our 4A rights over and over again. We all just pick and choose which of the 10 we really and truly support, right?
Who are those people? I'd really like to see the posts.

Punishable by death I suppose?

These folks are frightening. Can you imagine these people with Trump in control of the White House?

Who are those people? I'd really like to see the posts.

You're new here, aren't you? Or you're being deliberately dense. I'm leaning toward the latter.

Were any of them members of the US House of Representatives?

Good point - they were people NOT representing the American people at their elected jobs. They were simply breaking the law and using armed force to get away with it.

Great observation. :2wave:

Gun ownership isn't a civil right, it's a constitutional right, and nobody is trying to violate it. If you've done nothing wrong, what do you have to worry about? Right?

The standard argument everyone who's against constitutional rights always makes "I'f you've done nothing wrong" well guess what pal, I have done nothing wrong, but that's irrelevant.

I don't understand why Democrats think they can just stop life for the rest of us. Block the road with your hippy crap? arrested. Block the house floor? arrested. then again, considering the behavior of their inner city pets, it's not surprising that democrats don't respect the law.

The standard argument everyone who's against constitutional rights always makes "I'f you've done nothing wrong" well guess what pal, I have done nothing wrong, but that's irrelevant.

That's the standard message I've been hearing from the right when it comes to quite a few things which have turned out to be unconstitutional or remain in contention; including but not limited to the Patriot Act (parts of it), wiretaps, free speech zones, etc.

That's the standard message I've been hearing from the right when it comes to quite a few things which have turned out to be unconstitutional or remain in contention; including but not limited to the Patriot Act (parts of it), wiretaps, free speech zones, etc.

Maybe so but I don't like many of those any better.

Just lock the bathrooms and send in a whole bunch of beer and pizza. Then issue a statement of solidarity with their method, but not with their motivation. :mrgreen:

I could go with that but there are a couple of areas to tweak.
1) I like the beer and pizza with no bathrooms idea but a possible wide range of members' bladder & sphincter control could make for viewer uncertainty.
I mean, given all the apparatuses likely connected to those old timers I don't want to wait all night for those devices to fill up just to see ...
th

2) since they control the videos we can't be guaranteed to see the result anyway.
3) since they're so pampered we're more likely to get quicker action by starting with the A/C but I'm willing to lock the bathrooms at the same time.

That's the standard message I've been hearing from the right when it comes to quite a few things which have turned out to be unconstitutional or remain in contention; including but not limited to the Patriot Act (parts of it), wiretaps,free speech zones, etc.

Oh. The Political Right, You Say?

All I can say is that the baby cupcake dems are taking a beating on social media.. Man do they look childish.. :)

Tim-

I think you got that bassawkwards Timmy.

Every time I see Ryan standing up on the Speaker's podium in the House Chamber, he reminds me of a twelve year old. I just wished he was as smart as one.

Just remember if it wasn't for social security he wouldn't have got a post high school education. And his party wants to scale back SS. Ironic isn't it?

Last edited:
Having a sit in, to force the violation of our civil rights unconstitutionally is some serious Nazi ****. What's next, are the Democrats going to burn the capital down?

You need to face the reality that the Democrats made themselves look stupid as hell with this stunt.

We can always count on you for hyperbole.

Members of Congress have no more right to disrupt the nations than do you or I. As I see it, its not about protesting. They have that right. It's about where you are protesting. Protesting inside chambers is not a right.

Oh the shame of it! Oh my!

And btw the republicans left so there was no disruption. They're good at leaving and not getting a damn thing done.

Back
Top Bottom