• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Paul Ryan threatens to arrest democratic House members on the floor

Remember when Republicans shut down government because they didn't get their way on Obamacare? Pepperidge Farm Remembers.

Now that this is over how many congresscriters got arrested?

Remember when Republicans shut down government because they didn't get their way on Obamacare? Pepperidge Farm Remembers.

Did they have sit ins? I don't remember. I do remember Pepperidge Farm. Their Mint Milanos are orgasmic.

Did they have sit ins? I don't remember. I do remember Pepperidge Farm. Their Mint Milanos are orgasmic.

That's pretty much irrelevant. This is peanuts in comparison to the acrobatics pulled by Republicans when they couldn't get what they wanted.

That's pretty much irrelevant. This is peanuts in comparison to the acrobatics pulled by Republicans when they couldn't get what they wanted.

It's not irrelevant to me. I asked the question because I'm curious and I don't remember. Did they have sit ins? It's simply a question, not a question to draw a comparison.

It's not irrelevant to me.

Nobody really cares whether it is or it isn't irrelevant to you. Paralyzing government has been made 'mainstream' by Republicans. Hell, it has even been justified by Republicans. Complaining because Democrats aren't doing it in a way in which you approve just highlights the partisanship of it all.

Nobody really cares whether it is or it isn't irrelevant to you. Paralyzing government has been made 'mainstream' by Republicans. Hell, it has even been justified by Republicans. Complaining because Democrats aren't doing it in a way in which you approve just highlights the partisanship of it all.

Okay, then I guess they didn't. Thanks for the answer.

Okay, then I guess they didn't. Thanks for the answer.

I didn't answer anything. I dismissed your absurd Republican supporting question. Reading comprehension is important.

Did you take this sort of pro law enforcement position on the Bundy Ranch occupation in 2014 and resistance to law?

What about your position on the Oregon park occupation in February ? Were so gung ho about arresting those people at that time?
Were any of them members of the US House of Representatives?

I was just confounded by this. What the **** is happening? Arresting members of the legislature on the House floor would be some serious nazi ****. I hope it doesn't come to that.

House Floor Erupts in Total Chaos as Paul Ryan Threatens Protesting Democrats with Arrest

Having a sit in, to force the violation of our civil rights unconstitutionally is some serious Nazi ****. What's next, are the Democrats going to burn the capital down?

You need to face the reality that the Democrats made themselves look stupid as hell with this stunt.

But, how many times has the government been paralyzed in an attempt to violate our civil rights?

But, how many times has the government been paralyzed in an attempt to violate our civil rights?

Gun ownership isn't a civil right, it's a constitutional right, and nobody is trying to violate it. If you've done nothing wrong, what do you have to worry about? Right?

Gun ownership isn't a civil right, it's a constitutional right, and nobody is trying to violate it. If you've done nothing wrong, what do you have to worry about? Right?

The 10 amendments in The Bill of Rrights are our civil rights.

I don't think you understand the difference between a civil right and a constitutional right. Constitutional rights are granted by the constitution and explicitly laid out in it (See: Gun ownership). Civil rights are granted by government (see: Marriage).

I don't think you understand the difference between a civil right and a constitutional right. Constitutional rights are granted by the constitution and explicitly laid out in it (See: Gun ownership). Civil rights are granted by government (see: Marriage).

LMAO! Thanks for the sig, dude. That's a good one.

Remember when the Supreme Court quite literally changed Obamacare? Pepperidge Farm Remembers.

On a side note, Pepperidge farm snacks are disgusting, imho.

Yet people on here who would die for 2A applaud police departments violating our 4A rights over and over again. We all just pick and choose which of the 10 we really and truly support, right?

Remember when the Supreme Court quite literally changed Obamacare to make it constitutional? Pepperidge Farm Remembers. On a side note, Pepperidge farm snacks are disgusting, imho.

Lol@Republicans who cried because they couldn't get their way, complaining about Democrats crying because they can't get their way.

See, reality...

A civil right is an enforceable right or privilege, which if interfered with by another gives rise to an action for injury. Examples of civil rights are freedom of speech, press, and assembly; the right to vote; freedom from involuntary servitude; and the right to equality in public places. Discrimination occurs when the civil rights of an individual are denied or interfered with because of their membership in a particular group or class. Various jurisdictions have enacted statutes to prevent discrimination based on a person's race, sex, religion, age, previous condition of servitude, physical limitation, national origin, and in some instances sexual orientation.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/civil_rights

That sounds familiar. Ih, wait, The Constitution says the exact same thing!

Lol@Republicans who cried because they couldn't get their way, complaining about Democrats crying because they can't get their way.

You don't remember it, do you? The government showed up in court claiming the law said something that it quite literally did not. In response the courts didn't rule against the government, but just changed the law so it said what the government claimed it did.

According to the courts it was always meant to be part of the law, so the court adding it was not a violation of the constitution.

Yet people on here who would die for 2A applaud police departments violating our 4A rights over and over again. We all just pick and choose which of the 10 we really and truly support, right?

Who applauded that?

Okay ... here's the plan.
Lock the doors and cut off the A/C as the first step. Bathrooms second (I'm assuming the bathrooms aren't directly accessible from the House floor.) Pizza third. Oxygen fourth.

Just lock the bathrooms and send in a whole bunch of beer and pizza. Then issue a statement of solidarity with their method, but not with their motivation. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom