• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Paul Ryan says he's not ready to support Trump

Ryan not ready to suck the Trump Shrimp.
What's going to make him ready?

:lamo

Sounds like a recipe for disaster and impeachment to me.

The riots with a few hundred million guns start right after that happens.....

The people will not be told no.

Seriously.

Trump has beaten all of them at their own game, with all of them fighting against him every step of the way running attack ads and everything they can throw at him.
Now they are sore losers.

I don't think he really needs them all that much. For what? Campaigning money? He doesn't need that much..
He has spent the least and attained the best results.

I wouldn't be begging them if I was him..

If Trump comes into office it will be because of the Army that put him there. It will be "work for America or else **** you, you get flushed".

The Army will confirm this.

This is one of the most pathetically naive things I have seen posted in a long time.

This is one of the most pathetically naive things I have seen posted in a long time.

Maybe you dont understand what is going on. I was for Trump Sep 10. When did you figure out that he is the guy?

OOPS!

I think the 6 of them (including McConnell) are going to yank-in Trumps choke chain first.

He has to learn how to heel before becoming a superpower attack dog first.

"That trick NEVER works!"

I think the 6 of them (including McConnell) are going to yank-in Trumps choke chain first.

He has to learn how to heel before becoming a superpower attack dog first.

Yeah, what could possibly go wrong?

I admire Ryan's conviction, but sadly he's going to have to end up supporting that idiot. His role in the party requires him to do so.

Actually, I'm thinking this is a little less hyperbolic than the above, and believe the nomination and subsequent GOP capitulation all went down too fast for the establishment; so Spkr Ryan decided to freeze the action. His actions could serve the tri-fold purpose of: 1] freezing Trump from further access to party resources. 2] giving establishment members a bit more time to remain uncommitted while they check their pulses and strategize. 3] while also putting Trump on notice that the party is still in control of the show.

What says you?

Not surprising. Ryan actually has some principles.

I think the most obvious explanation is that if Trump loses Ryan can claim he's not tied to the fail

the more disturbing one is he's a sore loser and is putting his butt hurt ahead of his party

What has he lost? He didnt support any candidate. He has the highest job in the country beside the President.

Whoa! What's this? This sure caught me by surprise! Paul Ryan says he's not ready to support Trump

It doesn't surprise me.

So what are we to make of it?

After party chairman Reince Priebus declared Mr. Trump "the presumptive nominee" immediately after Sen Cruz' concession speech, I thought the floodgates of support would open to Mr. Trump. Apparently not.

I do find it interesting that this comes the day after Mr. Trump announces he will not self-fund his campaign. Could this be related? Is the GOP establishment attempting to limit or bargain with Trump, before allowing access to their donor base?

Oh yes. Trump is about to be straddled with donor debt, and it was his eventual state if he won the election. The RNC is trying to ensure that this happens, because they want him tame and controlled so they can keep a lease on his mouth, assuage their donors, and thus keep their donor money flowing in.

My gut still says this might be tied to financing.

On Morning Joe, Trump mentioned he wan't crazy about selling off properties to raise the $1.0-1.5B he'll need. That makes sense. I very severely doubt he's liquid to 1.5B, and he doesn't want throw that kind of money at it even if he had it. I don't know enough about this to know if Trump can raise that kind of money without the GOP donor base, or even if the donors want him. It might be the donors running the show here.

trump pretty much financed the entire primary by himself. if he is the nominee then the party should back him on that.
if there is in the works for a 3rd party run then well frankly they are going to slaughter themselves with the voters and
in the general. trump is going to take 1/4 to 1/3 of the vote period among republicans.

so the party can either get behind him and help push him forward or they can play chicken and get trounced
and lose their voting base which is pissed off anyway for them telling us who to vote for.

which is why they are in this mess to begin with.

My gut still says this might be tied to financing.

On Morning Joe, Trump mentioned he wan't crazy about selling off properties to raise the $1.0-1.5B he'll need. That makes sense. I very severely doubt he's liquid to 1.5B, and he doesn't want throw that kind of money at it even if he had it. I don't know enough about this to know if Trump can raise that kind of money without the GOP donor base, or even if the donors want him. It might be the donors running the show here.

On Trump's end, I believe it's a matter of liquidity (real estate is illiquid).
On Ryan's end, I have a hunch he's entertaining the notion of running for President (perish the thought)
We shall see.

Roger

The riots with a few hundred million guns start right after that happens.....

The people will not be told no.

Seriously.

WTF are you talking about? 6/10 people didnt vote for Trump in the Primary. The people will not be told no???? Hahaha screw you man. 2 weeks ago Trump was saying he would run 3rd party if he didn't win the nomination, now we are all supposed to rally around him as the presumptive nominee. If Donald wants to win, he needs to start to win peoples votes. If he loses its his own damn fault.

Whoa! What's this? This sure caught me by surprise! Paul Ryan says he's not ready to support Trump

The backstory: How Ryan decided to ditch Trump

And some general background reference: House Republicans fear Trump effect

Not to be outdone, Mr. Trump responded with this:

"- MAY 05, 2016 -

DONALD J. TRUMP RESPONDS TO SPEAKER PAUL RYAN

"I am not ready to support Speaker Ryan's agenda. Perhaps in the future we can work together and come to an agreement about what is best for the American people. They have been treated so badly for so long that it is about time for politicians to put them first!"

Donald J. Trump"

Source: Trump.com: Donald Trump Statement on Paul Ryan

---

So what are we to make of it?

After party chairman Reince Priebus declared Mr. Trump "the presumptive nominee" immediately after Sen Cruz' concession speech, I thought the floodgates of support would open to Mr. Trump. Apparently not.

I do find it interesting that this comes the day after Mr. Trump announces he will not self-fund his campaign. Could this be related? Is the GOP establishment attempting to limit or bargain with Trump, before allowing access to their donor base?

Or could they be considering throwing-in-the-towel on Trump & the 2016 Presidency, and isolating their down-ticket races by running against Trump? Could Ryan subsequently be looking to running (and saving the party for the establishment) in 2020?

Crazy ideas above, but it's a crazy cycle!

Actually, I'm thinking this is a little less hyperbolic than the above, and believe the nomination and subsequent GOP capitulation all went down too fast for the establishment; so Spkr Ryan decided to freeze the action. His actions could serve the tri-fold purpose of: 1] freezing Trump from further access to party resources. 2] giving establishment members a bit more time to remain uncommitted while they check their pulses and strategize. 3] while also putting Trump on notice that the party is still in control of the show.

What says you?

For assholes like Ryan and Jeb Bush... I have have a few words...

1. **** off.

2. Good riddance.

I sooooo hope Ryan gets Cantorized.

Last edited:
On Trump's end, I believe it's a matter of liquidity (real estate is illiquid).
On Ryan's end, I have a hunch he's entertaining the notion of running for President (perish the thought)
We shall see.

Roger

Ryan plans to run in 2020. He won't run this year as it would be counterproductive to his plans.

Ryan plans to run in 2020. He won't run this year as it would be counterproductive to his plans.

Democrats will take over the house in either 2016 or 2018. An ex-house leader will not be a viable candidate in 2020.

For assholes like Ryan and Jeb Bush... I have have a few words...

1. **** off.

2. Good riddance.

I sooooo hope Ryan gets Cantorized.
:lamo

Here’s another sop that Trump could offer to get Ryan on board: nothing. Would “nothing” work for Ryan? He came into this believing he had leverage over Trump. He has none, and he’s going to have to change his position in the near future. He’d better prepare himself to accept Trump and all his warts as the symbol of his party, because, whether he realizes it or not, Trump already owns him.
It’s Donald Trump’s party, not Paul Ryan’s.

Yep, and I dont think we need to wait 70 days for Ryan to do what he has to do, already two of his lieutenants have abandoned him on this gambit(Westmoreland/Ross).

May be an attempt at preserving and trying to hold together the ~60% of Republicans in the party that did not vote for Trump. Trump won due to how the system works (the same one he called rigged) and secured the nomination with a plurality of votes in states. Republicans that don't like him (arguably the majority) really don't like him.

May be an attempt at preserving and trying to hold together the ~60% of Republicans in the party that did not vote for Trump. Trump won due to how the system works (the same one he called rigged) and secured the nomination with a plurality of votes in states. Republicans that don't like him (arguably the majority) really don't like him.

Tough ****, the victor will be treated as the victor, there are no other options.

Back
Top Bottom