• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Paul Ryan: Donald Trump can help make reality of bold House policy agenda

Re: Paul Ryan Board the Trump Train

Trump v. Hillary is a bad thing.

Are those......

...are those horsemen I see in the distance?

By Rep. Paul Ryan

Paul Ryan: Donald Trump can help make reality of bold House policy agenda | GazetteXtra

Late is better than never. I bet once he figured out that Kristol is full of it he finally smelled the coffee, figured out the politics of this thing. I had high hopes for Ryan but so far he has been a disappointment as Speaker.

It's rather obvious that people who have been throwing their support behind Trump or Hillary lately have hermetically sealed their noses....

By Rep. Paul Ryan

Paul Ryan: Donald Trump can help make reality of bold House policy agenda | GazetteXtra

Late is better than never. I bet once he figured out that Kristol is full of it he finally smelled the coffee, figured out the politics of this thing. I had high hopes for Ryan but so far he has been a disappointment as Speaker.

1. Now see, Paul? That wasn't so hard...was it?

2. To me, that speech signifies his search for relevance...kind of like the stuff we hear nowadays from Obama. I suppose it's a good thing (for him, at least) that he's come around a bit, but I don't think it's going to help much in respect to his...

3. ..."House policy agenda." Oh, there are some areas that he and Trump can find common ground...Obamacare repeal, among others...but the bulk of his house policy agenda is going to run into a brick wall around the executive branch, though Trump might let some stuff through his wall if the price is right. You know...the deal.

4. The only house policy agenda I really care about is whether the House Republicans intend to ever pass a budget.

Last edited:

Meh... it's a quasi endorsement with enough built in cover that he can yank it back the second Trump puts his foot in his mouth.

Notice how careful he is to articulate that he sees Trump as a vehicle for getting his agenda passed and nary a word about his fitness for the job. Not a word about character, integrity, or leadership. He's basically saying... "I'll vote for him because I have no other choice and I pray it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass".
Trump then went out and declared that because a judge was Hispanic, they were really Mexican, and couldn't therefore exercise proper judgment. Ryan said precisely nil.

Ryan probably figured he had to find some way to make it look like the party was unifying behind ideals. But Trump has no ideals beyond Power and Strength. Men who attach themselves to him become corrupt, or humiliated. Now, sadly, that will include the man brace enough to be the first to grab the Third Rail of politics.
It does, I agree. As endorsements go, this would make me not want to see a repudiation. But the GOP has no choice in the matter, really. They can make common cause with Trump and hope to win the election, or not make common cause with him and forfeit the election.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Ryan and his cherished policy positions are a hoot, if wanted to be in charge of policy he should have run for POTUS, he is Speaker, and Trump will be POTUS and the leader of the party, Trump decides policy. The real story here I think is that Ryan has proven to have poor political chops, and he has been in the chair for awhile now....where's the beef? He has come late but finally capitulated to Trump as we all knew weeks go that he must, but he still seems delusional.
Trump would have to know what policy was, and dimly understand it, in order to decide policy. This far we have seen little evidence this is the case. Additionally, I know old DJT isn't very "up" on his Constitution, but you may want to check out Article I.

Ya no.....his choices were

1) fall in line behind the parties POTUS candidate.

2) resign his chair and leave Congress

:lamo what was going to force him to do #2 if he didn't do #1? Ryan was leading his opponent by 73 points in the CV last polling.

How can you feel sorry for the party elders, the ones who caused the rise of Trump along side the D elite by way of long running enormous incompetence and dishonesty?

Trump represents justice and possible reform.
You have "justice" confused with "out lashing of an angry toddler".

How can you feel sorry for the party elders, the ones who caused the rise of Trump along side the D elite by way of long running enormous incompetence and dishonesty?

Trump represents justice and possible reform.

Well, in the party elders defense....there was one conservative that apologized for Trump on his death bed.

He didn't think he'd get to heaven unless he did.

Well, in the party elders defense....there was one conservative that apologized for Trump on his death bed.

He didn't think he'd get to heaven unless he did.

A slap at everyone who has voted for Trump.

You have "justice" confused with "out lashing of an angry toddler".

I am not at all confused.

I rarely am.

A slap at everyone who has voted for Trump.

Sometimes people need a good slap to wake up.

:lamo what was going to force him to do #2 if he didn't do #1? Ryan was leading his opponent by 73 points in the CV last polling.

Ryan has two constituencies, the people in his district and the House, he needs to do right by both.

This is not optional.

Trump would have to know what policy was, and dimly understand it, in order to decide policy. This far we have seen little evidence this is the case. Additionally, I know old DJT isn't very "up" on his Constitution, but you may want to check out Article I.

I dont expect Trump to know much of anything at this time, I want him to send a message and for his fight and for his judgment.

So far he is fine by me.

1. Now see, Paul? That wasn't so hard...was it?

2. To me, that speech signifies his search for relevance...kind of like the stuff we hear nowadays from Obama. I suppose it's a good thing (for him, at least) that he's come around a bit, but I don't think it's going to help much in respect to his...

3. ..."House policy agenda." Oh, there are some areas that he and Trump can find common ground...Obamacare repeal, among others...but the bulk of his house policy agenda is going to run into a brick wall around the executive branch, though Trump might let some stuff through his wall if the price is right. You know...the deal.

4. The only house policy agenda I really care about is whether the House Republicans intend to ever pass a budget.

And after all the promising Ryan did, and the fact that he cant get a budget nor much of anything else done, he might consider not running his mouth so much. THe house is a wreck, and he is in charge, maybe someone needs to talk turkey with him because I dont think he gets it.

Honestly ? This is a good move for Ryan. He wants to unite on the issues. The republican party needs this if they aren't planning to simply forfeit the presidency.

Set aside what you might think of Trump. Do you think Ryan wants to see Hillary in the white house ? If politics is the art of compromise, Ryan is doing alright by his reserved endorsement of Trump. I feel like he's basically saying that he'll judge Trump's leadership of the country by how he leads the country, rather than how he's leading his campaign.

I have a lot of reservations about Trump, but it is wiser to cooperate than attack. Notice, Ryan isn't endorsing the small hands response, the attack of Ted Cruz' wife, building a wall, or what have you. He's saying, i'm hopeful that we'll see eye to eye on some serious issues and make progress on them. He's trying to make lemonade.

It's rather obvious that people who have been throwing their support behind Trump or Hillary lately have hermetically sealed their noses....

Not me, I voted Trump enthusiastically.

Sometimes people need a good slap to wake up.

With as stupid as the current class of elite are it might well take a few.

Headline writers now tend to suck big time, the correct headline should have been Ryan Boards the Trump Train.

I dont expect Trump to know much of anything at this time,

Yeah. He can figure out out when he gets there. That worked out great for the last guy. It's not like he's running for something important where he'd be making decisions that could get my friends killed or anything.

I want him to send a message and for his fight and for his judgment

This doesn't even make sense.

"I'll vote for him because I have no other choice and I pray it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass".

And there's an entire segment of disillusioned Republican voters out there that you basically need to convince to feel that exact same way, as opposed to staying home or voting libertarian.

It is also a delusional assessment to believe that a President does not want or need the support from the leader of the House. Even in a situation where the two individuals belong to different political parties, the President still wants and needs the support from the leader of the House because that person has almost complete control over one branch of the legislature. And when the two individuals belong to the same party (supposedly), the desire and necessity for that support should be even greater.

Unless you really want Trump to engage in the exact type of executive only actions that he has used as a criticism against Obama.

And after all the promising Ryan did, and the fact that he cant get a budget nor much of anything else done, he might consider not running his mouth so much. THe house is a wreck, and he is in charge, maybe someone needs to talk turkey with him because I dont think he gets it.

:raises eyebrow: Ryan promised a return to Regular Order, and that's what we've gotten. The House isn't a wreck, it's functioning at the pace of its members, rather than at the pace of centralized decisions made by 2 or 3 leaders.

:raises eyebrow: Ryan promised a return to Regular Order, and that's what we've gotten. The House isn't a wreck, it's functioning at the pace of its members, rather than at the pace of centralized decisions made by 2 or 3 leaders.

But trump will get the house fixed! It will be a huge success!

Honest...

Don't ask how, details are for wussies.

But trump will get the house fixed! It will be a huge success!

Once he finally fires that Ryan Guy and sends him back to Wisconsin!!!

Don't ask how, details are for wussies.

No, "details" (much like "actually knowing what you are talking about", or "thinking that it is important that a presidential candidate do so") are for "NeoCons" and "Cucks". "Wussies" are generally everyone NOT ON THE TRUMP TRAIN, WOOT, WOOT, LOUD-NOISES-OF-EMOTIONAL-AFFIRMATION-IN-PLACE-OF-IDEOLOGICAL-ADVOCACY

Back
Top Bottom