• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Paul Ryan admits Trump is racist... still going to support him

The sad fact is that having a racist for president is far better than having Hillary.

He's made some comments than might offend some people but Trump isn't a racist and Ryan did not call him a racist.

So, Paul Ryan admits to endorsing a racist. How disappointing.

Trump is an unpolished buffoon, however it's a stretch to call him a racist....even if he puts his foot in his mouth at times and comes close to appearing as one. I have no use for Trump, however in my opinion, the real racists are those on the left who jump to using the race card every time Obama is criticised or voter ID bills are discussed.....not to mention the leftwingers who use terms like uncle tom or strawberry against any African American conservative.

Trump is an unpolished buffoon, however it's a stretch to call him a racist....even if he puts his foot in his mouth at times and comes close to appearing as one. I have no use for Trump, however in my opinion, the real racists are those on the left who jump to using the race card every time Obama is criticised or voter ID bills are discussed.....not to mention the leftwingers who use terms like uncle tom or strawberry against any African American conservative.

In Canadian terms, the die is cast, the deal, as they say, is done; he is a racist. Today, a report from the VPD of fears of demonstrations and possible sabotage at "Trump Towers" Vancouver. The mayor has called for it to be renamed.

I can't say I disagree. His comments on the "Mexican" judge and the refusal to admit it was wrong, "..I am sorry my comments were interpreted" rather sets the sails on that question.

Thats a very telling statement coming from a Bernie supporter that will line up with all the rest to pull the lever for Hillary, despite the obviously wrecked political joke that was the democrat primary.

You know what they say about assuming. I haven't voted Democrat in many years. I support Bernie DESPITE him running as a Democrat.

In Canadian terms, the die is cast, the deal, as they say, is done; he is a racist. Today, a report from the VPD of fears of demonstrations and possible sabotage at "Trump Towers" Vancouver. The mayor has called for it to be renamed.

I can't say I disagree. His comments on the "Mexican" judge and the refusal to admit it was wrong, "..I am sorry my comments were interpreted" rather sets the sails on that question.

All of which in my opinion just makes him stupid. He badly needs a handler and a teleprompter if he is going to have any shot in November. Hillary is probably the worst candidate the democrat party has ever nominated. All Trump needs to do is stop stepping on his own tongue. If he get's beat, it will not be Hillary beating him, it will be self inflicted.

All of which in my opinion just makes him stupid. He badly needs a handler and a teleprompter if he is going to have any shot in November. Hillary is probably the worst candidate the democrat party has ever nominated. All Trump needs to do is stop stepping on his own tongue. If he get's beat, it will not be Hillary beating him, it will be self inflicted.

I agree with your assessment of Trump, and of Hillary. Right now, it looks a lot like he won't stop "stepping on his tongue" and that he won't accept having a "handler." If he did have one, he'd need them for his term in office even more than for the campaign. Yes, his loss is likely to be self inflicted, and he will wind up getting Hillary elected.

It may be too late. Firing your campaign manager on the threshold of the convention leaves a lingering smell, and will 'have legs' due, ironically to Trumps all-too-famous trademark line "You're Fired!". It looks like panic and does nothing to his image of loose canon, poor impulse control and too egotistical to take responsibility. He is digging himself a deep trench, Hillary may be weak, be when it comes to good old American two-party politics, you don't have to run faster than the charging bear to stay alive, just run faster than the guy behind you.

I agree with your assessment of Trump, and of Hillary. Right now, it looks a lot like he won't stop "stepping on his tongue" and that he won't accept having a "handler." If he did have one, he'd need them for his term in office even more than for the campaign. Yes, his loss is likely to be self inflicted, and he will wind up getting Hillary elected.

To be fair, pretty much all presidents have handlers......holding the position of Chief of staff. I think his danger period is the campaign. if he's elected, he will be surrounded by advisers and less likely to do something stupid.

It may be too late. Firing your campaign manager on the threshold of the convention leaves a lingering smell, and will 'have legs' due, ironically to Trumps all-too-famous trademark line "You're Fired!". It looks like panic and does nothing to his image of loose canon, poor impulse control and too egotistical to take responsibility. He is digging himself a deep trench, Hillary may be weak, be when it comes to good old American two-party politics, you don't have to run faster than the charging bear to stay alive, just run faster than the guy behind you.

In any previous US presidential campaign I would agree with you. This is an insurgent year, in both parties. Both parties had a winner picked out before the primaries even started. The republican establishment intended to coronate Jeb Bush. The democrats intended to coronate Hillary Clinton. The democrats pulled it off because they were able to give Hillary about a 500 delegate head start before the first primary vote was ever taken because of the super delegate system.. The republican party does not have super delegates. The republican voting base is pissed because the republicans, despite being handed the house of reps in 2010 and the Senate in 2014 have barely stopped any of Obama's abuses of power. Only the insurgent GOP candidates had a real shot at the nomination. It was either going to be Cruz or Trump. The establishment republicans wanted nothing to do with Cruz as he does what his constituents tell him to do rather then what Mitch McConnell tells him to do. He refuses to go along just to get along. In the meantime, Trump was a big news story, which led to roughly two billion dollars in free airtime. Nobody in the media outlets that enabled all of the airtime took him seriously, however he still was given the airtime. He was practically all Fox news talked about. Point is that Trump should not have made it this far. In any previous election he would have been laughed off the stage before he started. I never thought he would get past Megan Kelly bringing up vulgar comments he had made about women. In this insurgent year, I would not bet on either Trump or Hillary. Hillary has her problems as well, not to mention a possible indictment hanging over her head. And I am not sure she will politically survive her current scandals much less her previous ones. Her husband Bill had the political skill and charisma to squeak past the scandals. Hillary has almost no political skill and she has the charisma of fingernails on a chalkboard. I expect a very dirty fight but would not bet on either of the two at this point. I think it's Trumps to win, however that is only if he cuts down on making incredibly stupid gaffes. I am not sure he is smart enough to do so.

To be fair, pretty much all presidents have handlers......holding the position of Chief of staff. I think his danger period is the campaign. if he's elected, he will be surrounded by advisers and less likely to do something stupid.

As long as he listens to his advisers.

Let's not forget though that Hillary has plenty of her own pimples, some of which could really cause her major troubles, electing Trump. A whole lot of people voted for Trump because they are tired of the same old same old political correctness and being handled by handlers. He is refreshing to these voters of both parties who are in the anti-establishment movement. I think many believe that Trump's mouth is worse than his actual bite and that he isn't as racist and bigoted as his unscripted remarks make him out to be. They feel that they can tolerate his imperfections if the bottom line is he can actually get things done, something that hasn't happened in a long time. Both parties are to blame for the gridlock as both parties argue the very same thing - that things could get done if the other side just folded.

Let's not forget though that Hillary has plenty of her own pimples, some of which could really cause her major troubles, electing Trump. A whole lot of people voted for Trump because they are tired of the same old same old political correctness and being handled by handlers. He is refreshing to these voters of both parties who are in the anti-establishment movement. I think many believe that Trump's mouth is worse than his actual bite and that he isn't as racist and bigoted as his unscripted remarks make him out to be. They feel that they can tolerate his imperfections if the bottom line is he can actually get things done, something that hasn't happened in a long time. Both parties are to blame for the gridlock as both parties argue the very same thing - that things could get done if the other side just folded.

Agreed that both parties are to blame for the gridlock and that Trump represents something different from "business as usual" politics. The problem is, his statements are so outrageous that the best we can hope for is that he really doesn't mean what he says. What if he really does?

Agreed that both parties are to blame for the gridlock and that Trump represents something different from "business as usual" politics. The problem is, his statements are so outrageous that the best we can hope for is that he really doesn't mean what he says. What if he really does?

I'm not a Trump supporter so I hate answering these questions. But I'll play along anyway. We definitely have a tough choice to make. Go with someone who is a known crook, who will say or do anything, including lying, to get whatever she wants or vote for someone who "the best we can hope for is that he really doesn't mean what he says". This might very well be the year of the third party. If a third party can't win this year then there is no sense to ever running a third party.

Paul Ryan admits Trump is racist .........Paul Ryan rips Trump comments as 'textbook definition of racist'
Even if Paul Ryan's spine could have been better, he deserves credit for saying the truth about Trumps view of other "races" (even if being Mexican is no race, strictly speaking). Rasism is the lowest form of human interaction! It is pretty obvious that Paul Ryan does not support Trump by his heart - he just do it publicly to avoid splitting GOP.

He would still be less dangerous then the hildabeast(Hillary).

Back
Top Bottom