• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Paul Ryan admits that the republicans have lost the next election...

Hows that work out here in Chicago with that gerrymandering? Think Pennsylvania will have more than one district that made one vote for a Republican Presidential Candidate this time round. Ya knows.....that virtual impossibility stuff. :roll:

Meh. Gerrymandering is a way of life. It's funny that something that something that is so old and long standing in this country, but I rarely see typed, has suddenly came flooding out in posts as of recently. Gerrymandering is akin to SCOTUS appointments, it's one of those things that makes certain Governor elections extremely important outside of standard policy things. Both sides have a long history of doing it and make little qualms about that fact. It's simply one of the consequences elections have and is not some kind of scary deceitful thing that I get the impression some are trying to make it out to be.

Right now and for the forseeable future, the lines are currently drawn in favor of Republicans in a large portion of the country thanks to overwhelming success in 2010 with the Gubernatorial elections. With populations always shifting, who knows how long those will remain Republican favored until the next time table to redraw the lines, but for now the dice happen to fall that way.

Meh. Gerrymandering is a way of life. It's funny that something that something that is so old and long standing in this country, but I rarely see typed, has suddenly came flooding out in posts as of recently. Gerrymandering is akin to SCOTUS appointments, it's one of those things that makes certain Governor elections extremely important outside of standard policy things. Both sides have a long history of doing it and make little qualms about that fact. It's simply one of the consequences elections have and is not some kind of scary deceitful thing that I get the impression some are trying to make it out to be.

Right now and for the forseeable future, the lines are currently drawn in favor of Republicans in a large portion of the country thanks to overwhelming success in 2010 with the Gubernatorial elections. With populations always shifting, who knows how long those will remain Republican favored until the next time table to redraw the lines, but for now the dice happen to fall that way.

Yeah I know.....still. No matter how much gerrymandering the Repubs do. They wont take Chicago, NY, and L.A.

So its a given.

How do we know but that in Ryans mind after the next election republicans will be in more control?

That's just amazingly naive and poor political predicting there.

The only reason the lack of stopping Obamacare would've caused Republicans in the house to lose an election is if they hadn't tried. There's no question, what so ever, that they tried to the best of their abilities. It's unlikely that a wave of voters who swept them in during the 2010 election is going to sweep them out given that effort.

Additionally, it ignores realities within the country at the moment and in the makeup of the House. There are not a large amount of vulnerable Republican House seats up for grabs at this point and while that may change a bit, it's unlikely to change massively. Ideological demographics split across the urban, suburban, and rural parts of the country mixed with the standard and long term procedure of gerrymandering currently being in the republicans favor, leads to a situation where ousting Republican controll of the House in this election cycle is highly unlikely.

It may be even pushing it to suggest at this moment that Democrats are going to make significant gains in the House, but at least that's a somewhat reasonable position. But it is a massively outside shot that they actually manage to cause Republicans to "lose" the house.

I think we need to wait and see how the House T's act next year. If they behave, the GOP will probably keep control. But if they keep this kind of stuff up nearer to the election, things might change.

I think we need to wait and see how the House T's act next year. If they behave, the GOP will probably keep control. But if they keep this kind of stuff up nearer to the election, things might change.

Don't worry.....The Neo Cons called in some favors and ordered gags just for such a purpose. :lol: :2razz:

How do we know but that in Ryans mind after the next election republicans will be in more control?

Well, that's just it: We don't know. And nobody, including Ryan, has the gift of prophecy anyway. ;)

Many republicans have successfully gerrymandered their districts so that they are going to win by a landslide, simply because of the demographic of people within each voting block. Hell, because of this, some might even be running unoposed. Again.

This, of course, is just more evidence of a point I've been hammering on for over a year now. Focusing on short term gains, at the expense of long term viability. Baring any change, the republicrat party is dead in the water after another three, maybe four election cycles.

Who says it's not true? I believe it to be true. He knows that republicans are finished.

Actually, you are correct. I shouldn't have done that, because it just goes to prove my point even more. Ryan indicated that they only "need to have a conversation with each other" through the next election season. After that, it's not going to matter, because dems will still be in control of the POTUS, the Senate, and will have likely taken over the House.

Two words- WISHFUL THINKING

Two words- WISHFUL THINKING

It's wishful thinking to hope that the two parties will die, sooner rather than later, and that our would be elected reps would then focus more on their constituents, rather than towing party lines, no matter how ludicrous those lines might be?

Wishful thinking indeed.

Back
Top Bottom