• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Paul McCartney: Lay Off “Great Guy” Obama

Sir Paul has no vote or any other link with the house of Lords. He has a knighthood, an archaic honorific bestowed on him in recognition of his contribution to the music industry. He has a right to an opinion and to express it, just like anyone here. More people will hear what he has said because he's famous, and we're not. Suck it up.

I have no idea why anyone EVER cares what a musician's opinions on politics are.

Maybe I should ask Bono's opinion on a plumbing problem while we're at it...

nor would i take a plumbers political opinion seriously.. but for some strange reason it seemed so many took a self proclaimed plumbers opinion as fact and elevated him to micro-stardom.

nor would i take a plumbers political opinion seriously.. but for some strange reason it seemed so many took a self proclaimed plumbers opinion as fact and elevated him to micro-stardom.

Yeah, but it is ironic that he was not a journeyman licensed plumber whereas Paul's credentials as a master musician is beyond reproach.

Boy, old "W" sure did manage to tweek some folks to extremes. Even within the White House, in the presence of the President, a liberal nutter just can't keep himself within the bounds of decorum and decency.

I love how folks like Bono and McCartney talk like Libs but when it is THEIR cash, they sign on to schemes divised by clever tax attorneys, and employ the most capitalistic methods to shelter their money from taxation. And Paul has been at this from the early years...1963.

Among other reasons, Linda McCartney’s Will is interesting because she uses testamentary trusts to virtually eliminate federal estate taxes, at least while her husband, Paul McCartney, is alive.
Last Will and Testament of Linda McCartney

The Beatles' accountants had informed the group that they had a large amount of capital which they could either invest in a business venture or else lose to the Inland Revenue.
Apple Corps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Note. I particularly like the choice of words... "LOSE..."

Gimme Tax Shelter
Gimme Tax Shelter - New York Times

Rolling Stones follow U2 tax haven trail to the Netherlands - home to 20,000 mailbox companies
Rolling Stones follow U2 tax haven trail to the Netherlands - home to 20,000 mailbox companies

It's only tax planning, but I like it
Rolling Stones make use of Dutch tax haven - MoneyWeek

Bono, Who Preaches Charity, Profits From Buyouts, Tax Breaks
Bono, Who Preaches Charity, Profits From Buyouts, Tax Breaks - Bloomberg.com

I have nothing against this, but I do find the hypocrisy so rich.

I love U2's music, but their hypocrisy is too thick. Their financial management wouldn't interest me one iota if they didn't talk one game and play another.
Violence erupts as U2 rocks Glastonbury

U2 and its frontman Bono, known for their global poverty-fighting efforts, were accused of dodging taxes in Ireland by activists who crashed their performance at England's Glastonbury festival.

The anti-capitalist group Art Uncut inflated a 6-metre balloon emblazoned with the message "U Pay Your Tax 2." Security guards wrestled them to the ground before deflating the balloon and taking it away. About 30 people were involved in the angry clash.

Read more: Violence erupts as U2 rocks Glastonbury

Last edited:
I’m a big fan, he’s a great guy.
So lay off him, he’s doing great.

Really, that's the best he can do? Meh, and he uses 'great' in both sentences. I find his support disingenuous and/or weak. One might think Joe the Plumber wrote that. Ringo could put that crap to shame.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom