• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Pat Robertson to Town: "God Hates You"

shuamort said:
Actually, you're right... in retrospect a better paraphrase would be Pat Robertson: "Dover hates God".

Dover doesn't hate God. The city is doing what all of America is supposed to do, keep church and state separate.

The other local and state governments which are, for some reason, trying to include ID in science classes, if successful, will certainly be forced to remove it.

UtahBill said:
Be grateful for people like Robberson and Foulwell. They are the key to the ultimate destruction-from-within of the religious far right. Every time they say something stupid, a few more of their smarter followers fall away.
Bush is still attached, tho, but for political reasons. He hopes to keep the more ignorant voters on the side of the Republicans.
I predict that the only Republican that has a chance in 2008 is McCain. If he is not nominated, we will likely have a Dammocrat in office. :(

I would also add James Dobson, Walter Jones, Bill Thomson, Jimmy Swaggert, Tim LaHaye and Tom DeLay to that list.

KCConservative said:
No doubt Robertson goes overboard with his beliefs and assertions. So does Dana. He thinks Pat told the city that God hates them.

Damn KC...we get it...you dont like Dana. To be honest, I wouldnt have edited this thread title even on my board...and half the stuff accepted here, would get slapped there.Hell I would even Ban myself. The point is , I dont see a whole lot to get pissy about. Kinda like "Clinton says , Sex is better with a cigar"....he likely didnt say it but, It gets the point across.

tryreading said:
I live in the Orlando, Florida metropolitan area, and I guess I'm one of the many here on Robertson's hit list. We got three hurricanes last year, one directly through this area, the other two close. Had another storm 3 weeks ago, had some rain.

Pat Robertson, is this all you've got? You killed a lot more folks in New Orleans. What did they do to you? Maybe that's your Sodom.

Yeah but you killed Schiavo right? :roll:
Pat's coming to get you, right after you donate to his church.

hipsterdufus said:
Yeah but you killed Schiavo right? :roll:
Pat's coming to get you, right after you donate to his church.

Yeah, we killed Schiavo. Your timing is ironic because we're talking about her on one of the abortion threads. Somebody always talks about that video of her following a balloon, not realizing she was blind.

I think Pat must be skipping an occasional dose of a necessary medication his doctor prescribed for him. He skips it one day, "let's assassinate somebody!" Misses it another day, "Florida, you're going down." Slips again, and "Dover, you voted God out, better watch out!"

KCConservative said:
No, it's not close at all. Robertson never said that God hates the city of Dover. That is proposterous!

So what he actually said was only verging on preposterous?

KCConservative said:
No, it's not close at all. Robertson never said that God hates the city of Dover. That is proposterous!
He is expressing self-righteous glee at the prospect of God striking Dover for rejecting ID.

Certainly, that makes him a hate mongering freak. It also evidences that the fundies see ID as just another way of dressing up creationism. A gilded turd is still a turd, creationism remains stupid lies even if dressed up as ID.

UtahBill said:
I predict that the only Republican that has a chance in 2008 is McCain. If he is not nominated, we will likely have a Dammocrat in office.
Ah, instead of a Repugnican?

Back
Top Bottom