• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Pat Robertson Threads

DivineComedy said:
If Pat Robertson had used his money to offer an insurance policy for “blessed martyrs” dressed in civilian disguise that attempt to blow up and overthrow the government of Hugo Chavez, what would have been the reaction?

1) It would not be support for terrorism.

2) It would not be enough support for terrorism to enforce the unequivocal law and remove Pat Robertson from his job.

3) It would be support for terrorism, and should our country refuse to arrest or remove Pat Robertson from our territory as per the law, and should some of the lawmakers refuse to enforce the law, Venezuela could morally take steps according to existing law (including Article 51) to arrest Pat and remove him from his job.

But the point is he hasn't done that has he? And he has admitted his remarks were over the top, out of line, were not to be taken seriously, and he has apologized.

I'll forgive Cindy Sheehan too when she makes the same admission.

cnredd said:
Interrupting a rant against Republicans with facts again, huh?

You'll never learn!:lol:

Clinton hires a minority...
Liberal Reaction...."What an all-inclusive wonderful position to take!

Bush hires a minority...
Liberal Reaction....PAWN! TOKEN!

They might have a just reason for doing so.

Of 3,643 Republicans serving in the state legislatures, only 44 are minorities, or 1.2 percent.

In the Congress, with 274 of the 535 elected senators and representatives Republican, only five are minorities - three Cuban Americans from Florida, a Mexican American from Texas and a Native American senator originally elected as a Democrat.

That means the GOP has elected ZERO blacks to Congress.

BWG said:

Of 3,643 Republicans serving in the state legislatures, only 44 are minorities, or 1.2 percent.

In the Congress, with 274 of the 535 elected senators and representatives Republican, only five are minorities - three Cuban Americans from Florida, a Mexican American from Texas and a Native American senator originally elected as a Democrat.

Who was J.C. Watts? A white actor passing for black? He didn't quit. He just moved on to other pursuits, which is what most young black conservatives are doing these days. He was treated horribly by the Congressional Black Caucus who refused to accept him as a member (they are all Democrats) and treated with contempt in general by the Left who pretty much treats all conservative minorities with contempt.

There are very good reasons there is not more black conservative representation in Congress and it would be interesting to discuss on another thread. However given the track record of the GOP in general as compared to that of Democrats on matters of race, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I believe the first black president of the United States will be a Republican.

Last edited:
BWG said:

Did you just equate the hiring of minorities by Presidents to offices elected by the PEOPLE?

Wow!...Another "one degree of Kevin Bacon" quote...

cnredd said:
Did you just equate the hiring of minorities by Presidents to offices elected by the PEOPLE?

Wow!...Another "one degree of Kevin Bacon" quote...

Merely pointing out that this statement:

Bush hires a minority...

Might be justified by this fact:

But thanks for letting me reiterate that there are very few elected minority Republicans.;)

AlbqOwl said:
Who was J.C. Watts?

Pardon me, I was talking about the current Congressional makeup. Sorry for not making myself more clear. :lol:

BWG said:
Merely pointing out that this statement:

Bush hires a minority...

Might be justified by this fact:

But thanks for letting me reiterate that there are very few elected minority Republicans.;)

Noooooo...You merely changed the topic to suit your assertion...

Nice try, but seen through...

Pat Robertson just felt the need to call attention to himself. He realizes he's no longer an important figure in America, so he has to say something outlandish to get some attention.

We really should just ignore him. He's not worth the attention.

Back
Top Bottom