• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pastor tries to block Muslim man from GOP position

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
HOUSTON – A chaplain tried to block another member of Harris County’s Republican Party from becoming a precinct chairman because of the man’s religion.

He's Muslim, and guess what? He is precinct chairman for the Republican Party here in Houston, despite the effort of a hater to oust him. No, he's not a terrorist. He's been a GOP activist going all the way back to Ronald Reagan. And this is where the Republican Party in Houston differs from the GOP in many other Southern cities. As a general rule, Houston Republicans are just not bat**** crazy. Of course, Houston isn't exactly backwoods either.

You can't judge a book by it's cover. As for the Chaplain, it seems that he hates Jesus. Yea, he has an appearance of Godliness, but the love of God just isn't in him.

Article is here.

He's Muslim, and guess what? He is precinct chairman for the Republican Party here in Houston, despite the effort of a hater to oust him. No, he's not a terrorist. He's been a GOP activist going all the way back to Ronald Reagan. And this is where the Republican Party in Houston differs from the GOP in many other Southern cities. As a general rule, Houston Republicans are just not bat**** crazy. Of course, Houston isn't exactly backwoods either.

You can't judge a book by it's cover. As for the Chaplain, it seems that he hates Jesus. Yea, he has an appearance of Godliness, but the love of God just isn't in him.

Article is here.

Members of foreign religions should not hold such positions of power.

Well, they do. Live with it.

Also, you should recant your earlier defamation. He did not in any way, shape, or form indicate that he hated Jesus Christ.

Also, you should recant your earlier defamation. He did not in any way, shape, or form indicate that he hated Jesus Christ.

He didn't have to say anything. Actions speak for themselves.

What is a 'native' religion, far as i know all religions came to this continent from other nations, well except for Mormonism, Scientology, and a few lesser cults... :peace

Article is here.
Democrats have their share of racist- bigoted types as well.
I quoted from the link. Liked what the man had to say.

Pastor tries to block Muslim man from GOP position | khou.com

“I’m not offended,” Ali said. “I’m not disappointed. I never (felt) in this country 33 years discrimination. So why should I mind it? That is the freedom. That is the democracy. So that’s his mind, his point of view. (He’s) welcome.

Dozens of party leaders, including County Chair Paul Simpson, consider Ali more than qualified.

“I think people just didn’t know who Mr. Ali was,” Simpson said. “I brought him out to the front (of the meeting) so they (could) see. He’s an active Republican. He’s been involved in the party for years. He’s a more reliable, active Republican than the guy running against me for county chair.”

Well Christianity originated in Israel. Is that not foreign?

Where did Christianity originate?

In a foreign country I believe. Unless it all went down in Kansas... can't remember because those guys are always rewriting history and all.

In a foreign country I believe. Unless it all went down in Kansas... can't remember because those guys are always rewriting history and all.

re-discovery-periodic-table-element.jpg

He didn't have to say anything. Actions speak for themselves.

In other words, you lied but instead of retracting your lie like an honorable person, you are obstinately persisting in accusing him of something you entirely made up.

If someone said "danarhea is sexually attracted to children", it wouldn't be not-defamation just because the speaker had convinced themselves it was true.

In other words, you lied but instead of retracting your lie like an honorable person, you are obstinately persisting in accusing him of something you entirely made up.

If someone said "danarhea is sexually attracted to children", it wouldn't be not-defamation just because the speaker had convinced themselves it was true.

LOL. And no, I'm not taking the bait. Wait, yes I am. No, I am not sexually attracted to children, but I have been watching too many Hannibal Lectre movies lately, and have developed a hankering for a plate of baby back ribs. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

To bad the founders disagree with you.

no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

- Our founders

No lie, would Jesus have condemned him?
Riddle me this- You shall we say dislike Jews, yet Jesus was Jewish. Squaring the circle?????

No lie, would Jesus have condemned him?

Condemned who? The pastor, no. The Muslim, no but that's not the same as approving of him taking a given position.

Riddle me this- You shall we say dislike Jews, yet Jesus was Jewish. Squaring the circle?????

Jews as a group are a problem. That's not the case with each and every individual Jew.

Condemned who? The pastor, no. The Muslim, no but that's not the same as approving of him taking a given position.

Jews as a group are a problem. That's not the case with each and every individual Jew.

How would you know If Jesus would be against it? You do not.
What other groups are problems?
Regardless, he was voted in by many who, I assume are Christians. They did the right thing. Sadly you cannot see that action as being right.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Good luck in getting Christians out of the GOP! :doh

Back
Top Bottom