• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pastor said “God wanted” underage girl to be his spouse

Pastor said “God wanted” underage girl to be his spouse. So the church approved. The victims' family pressured church leaders to approve of the sexual abuse, saying that it was like Joseph and Mary, because Mary was also a child bride.

renderTimingPixel.png

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/04/pastor-said-god-wanted-underage-girl-spouse-church-approved/
A former Pennsylvania youth pastor, Robert Fenton, is facing charges in connection with sexually abusing and assaulting a 14-year-old girl in the 1990s when he was a 26-year-old pastor.
Investigators say that he got permission from his church to sexually abuse her because he had a vision that told him that “God wanted the victim to be his spouse.”

I read your article, I can't find that part anywhere (red part).

Your article says:

Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro (D) said that Fenton got approval from church leaders to “betroth” the victim after he told them about his vision, “with an understanding that no sexual activity would occur.”

The parents said that they approved of the “betrothal.”
They said that the church’s leaders set up a “no contact” period for six months where Fenton and the victim were only supposed to write letters to each other, but that Fenton would “push the boundaries.”

The Vine Church pastor at the time allegedly opposed the betrothal at first, even after hearing about Fenton’s vision.
The pastor’s son said that the victim’s parents and Fenton pressured the pastor to approve of it and compared it to Mary and Joseph’s relationship, saying that they had a large age difference too.

The son said that his father didn’t know that the relationship was sexual.

The article doesn't say that the parents pressured the church to approve of the sexual abuse.

Spunky?..........have you been adding to the title?

Last edited:
If the Far Right wanted to worry about "groomers," they should start by cleaning out their own closets. Example, this guy.

Looks like everyone's got someone hidden in their closets!
From College Football to Boy Scouts of America to different churches and even in politics!

They're everywhere!

That wasn't happening and isn't the point of the law.

The purpose of the law is culture war crap. Ginning up the base by putting homosexuals back in the closet and marginalizing them.

It isnt about solving a problem. What they claim it stops is something that want happening in the first place. It's a lie.
It's not apparent to me that a good ole' fashioned base-ginning politicking should preclude a good law from getting looked at. I mean it is where the country is going, like it or not. And if we're going there, let's have a little sense on the front end of the deal. Instead of culture wars being played out in kindergarten classrooms, let's instead play it out in state lawbooks.

I think some hold to the idea that this law solely hurts the transgenderism movement. Problem with that thinking is counties like Okaloosa or Santa Rosa have renegade teachers there too.

It's not apparent to me that a good ole' fashioned base-ginning politicking should preclude a good law from getting looked at. I mean it is where the country is going, like it or not. And if we're going there, let's have a little sense on the front end of the deal. Instead of culture wars being played out in kindergarten classrooms, let's instead play it out in state lawbooks.

I think some hold to the idea that this law solely hurts the transgenderism movement. Problem with that thinking is counties like Okaloosa or Santa Rosa have renegade teachers there too.
It's not a good law.

And the only people bringing the culture war to school children are the Republicans who passed this law, and are banning books, and passing laws against CRT (another thing that wasn't being taught in the first place)

Republicans need to stop putting the culture war crap in the classrooms, and stop passing laws to ban things that aren't happening, etc.

It's not a good law.

And the only people bringing the culture war to school children are the Republicans who passed this law, and are banning books, and passing laws against CRT (another thing that wasn't being taught in the first place)

Republicans need to stop putting the culture war crap in the classrooms, and stop passing laws to ban things that aren't happening, etc.
Meh. The peeps will decide in a few months.

Ahhh....so it's just news-sharing about pedophiles.

Here, my contribution:

Boy Scouts of America have a 'pedophile epidemic' and are hiding hundreds in its ranks, lawyers claim

The Abused in Scouting lawyers say they've identified 350 predator scoutmasters and represent 800 victims.

Cheers.

This article is almost 3 years old. Why did you post it?

Meh. The peeps will decide in a few months.
Regardless of election results it is a matter of principle and integrity.

I am kind of amazed at how low the once honorable Republican party has sunk.

No principle or integrity left in Trumps Republican party.

Regardless of election results it is a matter of principle and integrity.

I am kind of amazed at how low the once honorable Republican party has sunk.

No principle or integrity left in Trumps Republican party.
I like the law. Having said that, I agree with almost all of this.

This article is almost 3 years old. Why did you post it?

The case wit the pastor happened decades ago.
What is 3 years - it is still relevant.

<cartoon>
<facepalm>

Another theologically-stunted abortion..

Christ washes away sins, and the Holy Spirit changes one's nature via progressive sanctification.

Ahhh....so it's just news-sharing about pedophiles.

Here, my contribution:

Boy Scouts of America have a 'pedophile epidemic' and are hiding hundreds in its ranks, lawyers claim

The Abused in Scouting lawyers say they've identified 350 predator scoutmasters and represent 800 victims.

Cheers.

Another Christian organization...

<facepalm>

Another theologically-stunted abortion..

Christ washes away sins, and the Holy Spirit changes one's nature via progressive sanctification.
Well, if the holy spirit changes ones nature, and I look at the actions of the so called 'bible believing Christians', the holy spirit is NOT good.

Well, if the holy spirit changes ones nature, and I look at the actions of the so called 'bible believing Christians', the holy spirit is NOT good.
Next time you're down and out try finding a BITTER ATHEIST'S HOMELESS SHELTER!

Next time you're down and out try finding a BITTER ATHEIST'S HOMELESS SHELTER!
That remark sounds very bitter. There are some good remarks in the New Testament, although not as many as their should be. One observation is 'By their fruits you will know them'.

Back
Top Bottom