• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pastor of Sacramento Capital Christian goes homeless until money is raised

RLF

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
u2hsN.Em.4.jpeg

The pastor of Capital Christian Center in Sacramento California left his church Sunday to live on the streets until $300,000 is raised for the homeless.

Pastor Rick is committed to making a difference in the lives of the homeless. He is choosing to live on the streets of Sacramento until the necessary amount of funds and awareness are available to provide a warm shelter and food during the winter months of 2014/15 for the homeless.

The ultimate goal is to raise $300,000 for a faith-based program called Winter Sanctuary. The program houses hundreds of homeless people in churches from late November through March, when shelters typically fill up.

“Part of this effort I think is to humanize the person that’s on the street. I’m learning the stories of the people that I’m gonna be living next to in a way for a few days,” said Cole.

VIDEO / Read More

Mad respect, IF he's really living on the streets.

#revonthestreets

Looks like he slept in an alley last night. If you go to link it seems to update daily. Bold really, looks like the Pastor is getting some pretty good donations.

https://grouprev.com/revonthestreets

Last edited:
View attachment 67173726

The pastor of Capital Christian Center in Sacramento California left his church Sunday to live on the streets until $300,000 is raised for the homeless.

Pastor Rick is committed to making a difference in the lives of the homeless. He is choosing to live on the streets of Sacramento until the necessary amount of funds and awareness are available to provide a warm shelter and food during the winter months of 2014/15 for the homeless.

The ultimate goal is to raise $300,000 for a faith-based program called Winter Sanctuary. The program houses hundreds of homeless people in churches from late November through March, when shelters typically fill up.

“Part of this effort I think is to humanize the person that’s on the street. I’m learning the stories of the people that I’m gonna be living next to in a way for a few days,” said Cole.

VIDEO / Read More

I wonder what Pastor Rick's annual salary is.

Indeed risky considering the climate and dynamics of homelessness here. But I must give him credit considering how very few pastors speak out past the four walls of their church. Perhaps even applaud his courage. :peace

Back
Top Bottom