• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pastafarian’ fights to wear pasta strainer in license photo

Prove that no pastafarian believes in what that religion puts out. You can't. It doesn't matter how it started. There could still be people who believe in the FSM or any other part of the religion. Just as people believe in many of the fake religions made up by our entertainment industry. (There are those who worship gods from Star Trek, Star Wars, WOW, anime, books, and plenty more.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give me a break. Stop wasting the time of civil servants and just get on with your life (not you personally, but the "pastafarians" et al. :roll:

Nobody is a "pastafarian", this is just a tool idiotic atheists use to mock religion.

And rightfully so. It also mocks those agnostics who keep using the logical fallacy of being agnostic because they stupidly claim no one is unable to prove that god doesnt exist- when you cannot disprove a negative to begin with.

Someone at DMV needs to get that stick out of their rear end and relax a little bit. She's already got the license, it's a good picture, you can see all her face, the strainer looks nice, she looks like she's having fun - what's the harm?

If she really wanted to make a political statement she would wear a pasta strainer over her face.

keep-calm-and-bow-before-pasta-god.png

Give me a break. Stop wasting the time of civil servants and just get on with your life (not you personally, but the "pastafarians" et al. :roll:

Avoiding the point.

You are essentially saying it doesn't count because it doesn't match your belief of what constitutes a religion. It is just as valid of a religion as Christianity, Islam, and Buddhism. Why it started doesn't matter, how ridiculous their beliefs or rites or customs are. There could still be those who have an honest, legitimate belief in the tenets of the religion.

I'm with whoever said that if the rule is valid it should apply to everyone, regardless of religion. If a religious exemption is able to be made, then how needed is the rule to begin with?

And rightfully so. It also mocks those agnostics who keep using the logical fallacy of being agnostic because they stupidly claim no one is unable to prove that god doesnt exist- when you cannot disprove a negative to begin with.
Pastafarism is as meaningful and meaningless as any religion. It's all relative.

We don't have the right to tell people who or what they pray to or whether or not their religion is legitimate. And why should we care as long as it doesn't violate our rights?

Because it wastes taxpayer money, and is pointless.

Why "rightfully so"?

Because it wastes taxpayer money, and is pointless.

As do pretty much any other religious exemption challenges to laws. Again if the purpose of the law is legitimate to begin with, then there should be no need to give any religious exemptions to that law.

Avoiding the point.

You are essentially saying it doesn't count because it doesn't match your belief of what constitutes a religion. It is just as valid of a religion as Christianity, Islam, and Buddhism. Why it started doesn't matter, how ridiculous their beliefs or rites or customs are. There could still be those who have an honest, legitimate belief in the tenets of the religion.

I'm with whoever said that if the rule is valid it should apply to everyone, regardless of religion. If a religious exemption is able to be made, then how needed is the rule to begin with?

No time to wade through your inane nonsense this morning, maybe later.

And that includes fake religions like Pastafarianism and Mormonism. :mrgreen:

If it includes Scientology, then it includes EVERYTHING.

No time to wade through your inane nonsense this morning, maybe later.

In other words, you don't like what I'm saying, so will attempt a childish insult to avoid addressing what I posted.

The Supreme Court has never heard a Pastafarian case, more's the pity. But what you claim is very far from being an accurate description of its Free Exercise Clause jurisprudence. True, the Court has backed far away from Employment Div. v. Smith during the 25 years since Justice Scalia's opinion for the majority in that case, which drastically narrowed the scope of the Free Exercise Clause and caused Congress to react by passing the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. Even so, the freedom of religious exercise is still far from unlimited. If a member of a neo-Thuggee cult were being tried for murder for strangling someone to death, because he believed the goddess Kali demanded human sacrifices from him, the First Amendment's guarantee of that freedom certainly would not make the murder statute being applied unconstitutional. But that hardly means there is "not actually freedom of religion" in the United States.

Freedom of religion applying to every person does not remotely suggest freedom of religion applies to every action.

If a Sikh can wear a turban in the photo in accordance with their religion, I can do so with mine. Even if that means a pasta strainer.

Nobody is a "pastafarian", this is just a tool idiotic atheists use to mock religion.

Of course it is, but it is absolutely not the place of government agents to decide which religions count and which ones do not. That path leads to disaster.

Using the state to define the boundaries of religion when it suits you. Welcome to liberalism. :)

If she really wanted to make a political statement she would wear a pasta strainer over her face.
I think she should just tattoo "Attention Whore" on her forehead.

LOL, maybe you need to take the same advice....;)

Well, I'm not making a political statement. I was just thinking of the demand by devout Muslims that Muslim women take their ID photo in a burka.

Well, I'm not making a political statement. I was just thinking of the demand by devout Muslims that Muslim women take their ID photo in a burka.

The strainer makes for more interesting tan lines.

I'm of Irish descent so I get that pattern naturally!

Irish/Swedish mix so I feel you, brother. South Park would refer to me as a "daywalker."

It's a fake religion meant to mock the religious, such should be treated accordingly and denied.

you make the kids spaghetti cry

a worthy religious cause if ther ever was one

Back
Top Bottom