• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

passivism in schools

nickem

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
American government= religion

Why has it become a religion? Because it’s provided faith and trust to the American peoples. When we need food- America has the most. When we need protection-it provides it, and we’ve built up trust. Instead of praying to god we trust the government. It’s a flawless religion, no conscience (we don’t feel guilty)

We trust them too much, granted I believe many political moves and platforms are for a good cause, but because we trust them, they control us. They build our society and control us even though we’re free… and there seems to be no blood spilt. We don’t feel a thing, nothing seems bad on the outside, but we are slowly changing the world.

Everyone is in a stalemate until somebody nukes a whole country to nothing. The hate builds up and there’s no output. ** A connection to our American society- we have no output. In ancient days, you had a dispute and it ended right then and there. There weren’t a bunch of babies running around preaching that violence was bad. AND IT ISN’T. Nuking a country is a little overboard, but what I’m talking about are the kids, the ones with no sense of reality, the ones who in the future would just assume nuke a country than they would decide to eat Chinese food tonight.

They’re this generation. No one ever get’s the crap knocked out of them. We think that we are helping our kids by teaching them to hold it in, don’t get angry, don’t be a real man, don’t FEEL. Nobody even knows what a true feeling is anymore; we’re a bunch of momma’s boys. And then you have Columbine.

The new religion (U.S. gov.) is making laws that make the situation worse. The new idea of “being passive” backfires, and when there are laws along with it, you have no output you have to hold it all in.

Example: in the older times, you had the well known “big bully” the bigger one, who could knock you out to take your lunch money, the bigger guy wins, and if the little kid didn’t like it he could try to protect himself or forget about it, he wouldn’t bring a gun to school, he would fight it out. But with the new “passive act” kids like that have to hold it all in, and that’s the problem.
Change: Today, the little kids with a big mouths are the bully’s. They put the other guys down even if the bigger kids could kill them. And the only reason they can’t fight it out is because we think it’s “violent.” IT’S THE REAL WORLD. If someone says something about your mom, your dad, you… you punch them in the face. Kids now get away with talking to other kids badly, making them feel bad, demoralizing them. B/c the other can’t do anything about it. Then it depresses them.

How do the kids being “picked on” deal with it?
They can’t have a fight!!
So what do they do???- 1.have mass murders 2.kill themselves

SO I ask you this America, would you rather your kids learn a lesson and come back with a bloody lip, or find out there’s been a mass murder in the school and 23 children are dead. Passivism isn’t reality, it’s cushioning and IT needs to be stopped, not the other way around. Please, set it right.

America isn't free, were simply not.

As far as our school system, we all need to be good parents. Teach our children right from wrong, teach our children good communication skills. Maybe some kids are born to be mass murders, but not all mass murders were born that way. I remember when I was a child, and I got picked on, I had thoughts about just wiping out everybody that ever picked on me. I didn't though, because my parents taught me to be better than that. They said that tomorrow could be a better day, and just wait and see. I'm not trying to blame the parents of the bulley's or the parents of the bullied. If one or the other was taught to be better than that, there wouldn't be a problem.

now what happens if the victim loses the fight? And gets hurt really badly, I'm talking broken face bones, limbs, and rips. Would that not make this guy want to kill the bully even more?

nickem said:
American government= religion

Why has it become a religion? Because it’s provided faith and trust to the American peoples. When we need food- America has the most. When we need protection-it provides it, and we’ve built up trust. Instead of praying to god we trust the government. It’s a flawless religion, no conscience (we don’t feel guilty)

We trust them too much, granted I believe many political moves and platforms are for a good cause, but because we trust them, they control us. They build our society and control us even though we’re free… and there seems to be no blood spilt. We don’t feel a thing, nothing seems bad on the outside, but we are slowly changing the world.

Everyone is in a stalemate until somebody nukes a whole country to nothing. The hate builds up and there’s no output. ** A connection to our American society- we have no output. In ancient days, you had a dispute and it ended right then and there. There weren’t a bunch of babies running around preaching that violence was bad. AND IT ISN’T. Nuking a country is a little overboard, but what I’m talking about are the kids, the ones with no sense of reality, the ones who in the future would just assume nuke a country than they would decide to eat Chinese food tonight.

They’re this generation. No one ever get’s the crap knocked out of them. We think that we are helping our kids by teaching them to hold it in, don’t get angry, don’t be a real man, don’t FEEL. Nobody even knows what a true feeling is anymore; we’re a bunch of momma’s boys. And then you have Columbine.

The new religion (U.S. gov.) is making laws that make the situation worse. The new idea of “being passive” backfires, and when there are laws along with it, you have no output you have to hold it all in.

Example: in the older times, you had the well known “big bully” the bigger one, who could knock you out to take your lunch money, the bigger guy wins, and if the little kid didn’t like it he could try to protect himself or forget about it, he wouldn’t bring a gun to school, he would fight it out. But with the new “passive act” kids like that have to hold it all in, and that’s the problem.
Change: Today, the little kids with a big mouths are the bully’s. They put the other guys down even if the bigger kids could kill them. And the only reason they can’t fight it out is because we think it’s “violent.” IT’S THE REAL WORLD. If someone says something about your mom, your dad, you… you punch them in the face. Kids now get away with talking to other kids badly, making them feel bad, demoralizing them. B/c the other can’t do anything about it. Then it depresses them.

How do the kids being “picked on” deal with it?
They can’t have a fight!!
So what do they do???- 1.have mass murders 2.kill themselves

SO I ask you this America, would you rather your kids learn a lesson and come back with a bloody lip, or find out there’s been a mass murder in the school and 23 children are dead. Passivism isn’t reality, it’s cushioning and IT needs to be stopped, not the other way around. Please, set it right.

Total BS.

I was often picked on in school. I liked to read, didn't play sports, was fat, in short, all that was missing to make me a target of every bully was the glasses.

I didn't care what they thought, didn't care what they did. They got no reaction from me. It's hard to fight someone who just ignores you.

I was raised in such a way that I was secure enough in myself that I felt no need to prove myself to those idiots.

I take pride in the fact that I've never been in a fight. Excluding sparring at a dojo, and physically removing a person from a bar where I was a bouncer. However, even when bouncing, I never resorted to fighting.

Try teaching kids to be secure in themselves. It's the idiots that aren't that cause problems.

Arch Enemy said:
now what happens if the victim loses the fight? And gets hurt really badly, I'm talking broken face bones, limbs, and rips. Would that not make this guy want to kill the bully even more?

Probably yes, but my point is that the parents of the bully need to teach there children not to pick on other kids. The parents of the child that gets his face broken needs to be taught, well how to block a punch or two, but more importantly not to let that anger build up inside until it consumes you. Alot of times when you notice that you child seems out of sorts, you should ask them whats wrong, and simply talking about it might make them feel a little better and not so alone.

MrFungus420 said:
Total BS.

I was often picked on in school. I liked to read, didn't play sports, was fat, in short, all that was missing to make me a target of every bully was the glasses.

I didn't care what they thought, didn't care what they did. They got no reaction from me. It's hard to fight someone who just ignores you.

I was raised in such a way that I was secure enough in myself that I felt no need to prove myself to those idiots.

I take pride in the fact that I've never been in a fight. Excluding sparring at a dojo, and physically removing a person from a bar where I was a bouncer. However, even when bouncing, I never resorted to fighting.

Try teaching kids to be secure in themselves. It's the idiots that aren't that cause problems.

I completely agree with you, being secure in yourself is really the only way to fight it, but i'm talking about the ones who take it personally and instead of having a reasonable output they bring a gun to school.

My point isn't to condone violence, it's to prvent it even more... when you have an illness or allergy, the way you treat it is to put small amounts of it into your body, i think that if we let these kids duke it out on there own time (not in school), then we would have much less of a problem with weapons.

dustinthewind said:
Probably but more importantly not to let that anger build up inside until it consumes you.

-exactly my point.

I also think that if you could direct it in another direction, that would be ideal.
but no matter how much you diffuse it or shield it away from yourself, the anger and humility still builds up, and i think the kids feel liek there's nothing they can do.

I don't think that the parents are as much of an influence as they'd like to think they are on their kids. kids need to figure it out for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom