• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Party Allegiance

Patrickt

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I see posts about "if you're a Democrat" or "if you're a Republican" but I'm not sure what makes you one of the other. It is not party registration. I just completed my absentee ballot. One race, as an example, was for the District Attorney and there was one name. That's it. If you don't belong to that party so you can vote in the primary then you don't get a vote.

I do not agree with Democrats voting in Republican primaries or allegedly unaffiliated or independent voters voting in the primaries. I've known people who registered for a party they didn't support just so they could try and get a total twit nominated to be beaten in the election.

I do not support many of the Republican positions. I'm a fiscal conservative and a social moderate.

I see posts about "if you're a Democrat" or "if you're a Republican" but I'm not sure what makes you one of the other. It is not party registration. I just completed my absentee ballot. One race, as an example, was for the District Attorney and there was one name. That's it. If you don't belong to that party so you can vote in the primary then you don't get a vote.

I do not agree with Democrats voting in Republican primaries or allegedly unaffiliated or independent voters voting in the primaries. I've known people who registered for a party they didn't support just so they could try and get a total twit nominated to be beaten in the election.

I do not support many of the Republican positions. I'm a fiscal conservative and a social moderate.

Try this. I never have and will do that now. Sounds like fun. What Political Party Are You Quiz?

I disagree with you about any restrictions on affiliation voting. If it's primaries, whatever, on election day one should be able to vote for whomever for whatever reason.

In 2008, I voted in the primaries for Obama because I thought he couldn't be elected. It was a vote against Hillary. I'm Republican. See how well that worked?? Lol.

Edit...Use link with caution. Said I was a Dem. I'm not.

Last edited:
Try this. I never have and will do that now. Sounds like fun. What Political Party Are You Quiz?

I disagree with you about any restrictions on affiliation voting. If it's primaries, whatever, on election day one should be able to vote for whomever for whatever reason.

In 2008, I voted in the primaries for Obama because I thought he couldn't be elected. It was a vote against Hillary. I'm Republican. See how well that worked?? Lol.

Edit...Use link with caution. Said I was a Dem. I'm not.

My question wasn't directed at what my politics are but the pollsters and pundits and nitwits who talk about how many Democrats and how many Republicans get their figures often from viter registration rolls, which I think is grossly inaccurate, or by self-identification, which is equally inaccurate.

My question wasn't directed at what my politics are but the pollsters and pundits and nitwits who talk about how many Democrats and how many Republicans get their figures often from viter registration rolls, which I think is grossly inaccurate, or by self-identification, which is equally inaccurate.

As Gilda Radner was prone to say....never mind.

Back
Top Bottom