• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Partial Birth Abortions:

vergiss said:
Felicity, you're a mother. We all know that, good for you, I'm sure you do well at it. However, that does not give you to march around like you constantly do, judging everyone else's parenting abilities and condeming them for the most minor of things... including things which you have done yourself. You are not God, you are by no means perfect, so desist with the narcissism.

I suggest you shut up, if you don't wish to look like an even bigger fool.
Vergiss...I was having a conversation with ngdawg...not you. I know your dying to find some means to jump down my throat because it somehow serves your ego--but try a different topic. I have nowhere condemned anyone's parenting--nor have I judged them as people. I merely made a judgement about an act--and I made that quite clear. You are correct--I am not perfect, nor do I claim to be--I'm nowhere near it. That doesn't mean I'm not right about some things. Even broken clocks are correct twice a day.

Felicity said:
Vergiss...I was having a conversation with ngdawg...not you. I know your dying to find some means to jump down my throat because it somehow serves your ego--but try a different topic. I have nowhere condemned anyone's parenting--nor have I judged them as people. I merely made a judgement about an act--and I made that quite clear. You are correct--I am not perfect, nor do I claim to be--I'm nowhere near it. That doesn't mean I'm not right about some things. Even broken clocks are correct twice a day.

Right. So I was mistaken in thinking this is a public forum? :roll:

That "hate the sin but not the sinner" crap is a lousy excuse, Felicity. You're telling me you don't dislike Osama bin Laden the man for his actions?

vergiss said:
Right. So I was mistaken in thinking this is a public forum? :roll:

That "hate the sin but not the sinner" crap is a lousy excuse, Felicity. You're telling me you don't dislike Osama bin Laden the man for his actions?
If a person does evil for evil reasons--that is different than a woman who is desperate for a child. Likewise--if you have read the "What is her punishment?" thread, you would see that I have a simmilar answer concerning women who abort out of desperation as well. To hate a sin and not the sinner is no "excuse," it is called compassion and understanding while not confirming a person in an act that ultimately harms them as well as others. It does no one good to be lied to.

Felicity said:
If a person does evil for evil reasons--that is different than a woman who is desperate for a child. Likewise--if you have read the "What is her punishment?" thread, you would see that I have a simmilar answer concerning women who abort out of desperation as well. To hate a sin and not the sinner is no "excuse," it is called compassion and understanding while not confirming a person in an act that ultimately harms them as well as others. It does no one good to be lied to.

Well, you apologised to her, so it's all good. Just be aware of how what you say may seem at times.

BOO to partial birth abortions!!!!! If you're willing to give birth then give it up for adoption already!!

Back
Top Bottom