• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Parole for lone surviving Ku Klux Klan bomber who killed four black girls in Alabama

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Parole for lone surviving Ku Klux Klan bomber who killed four black girls in Alabama church rejected | National Post

Blanton was convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison for his role in the Sept. 15, 1963, bombing. The blast killed the 11-year-old McNair and 14-year-olds Addie Mae Collins, Carole Robertson and Cynthia Morris, also known as Cynthia Wesley.

The girls were inside the church preparing for worship when the bomb went off, sending stone and brick flying. They died instantly, and Collins’ sister Sarah Collins Rudolph was seriously injured.
He should die in prison.

Re: Parole for lone surviving Ku Klux Klan bomber who killed four black girls in Alab

We don't negotiate with terrorists, and we don't give them parole either!

Re: Parole for lone surviving Ku Klux Klan bomber who killed four black girls in Alab

We don't negotiate with terrorists, and we don't give them parole either!

Pansy nation squeamish of applying the death penalty to monsters.

Pansy nation squeamish of applying the death penalty to monsters.

If you ask them, quite a lot of death penalty opponents (like me) have no problem with hanging a monster. The problem is that our legal system makes WAY to many mistakes to allow it on a systemic basis, which is the only basis it could fairly be applied on.

Would I care if they hanged the Boston marathon bomber? Of course not. He's guilty by proof beyond possible doubt. But then, there have been quite a lot of people on death row (or merely in for life) exonerated, and there are way more cases where DNA evidence was never taken or saved properly.

If you ask them, quite a lot of death penalty opponents (like me) have no problem with hanging a monster. The problem is that our legal system makes WAY to many mistakes to allow it on a systemic basis, which is the only basis it could fairly be applied on.

Would I care if they hanged the Boston marathon bomber? Of course not. He's guilty by proof beyond possible doubt. But then, there have been quite a lot of people on death row (or merely in for life) exonerated, and there are way more cases where DNA evidence was never taken or saved properly.

We don't make near enough mistakes to invalidate the death penalty.

I would have hoped that he gotten shanked on his way to his parole hearing.

I am a live and let live kinda guy, but I take a serious hardline to any person who hurts little boys and girls, and animals.

Very bad decision. This monster should rot in prison.

I don't disagree. Lot's of pro and con arguments about the death penalty. For me the two main ones are:

Con: Innocent people are too easy to convict and put to death

Pro: Guilty people are easier to persuade into pleading guilty and telling authorities where the bodies are buried when they are faced with the death penalty.

Con: that monster gets out of the death penalty by copping the plea.

Unfortunately putting one innocent person to death is too many.

Even ONE mistake is too many.

No innocent life should be shed in the name of criminal justice. That is the antithesis of justice.

When we can be absolutely sure the person is deserving of the death penalty, then we can institute it properly.

Until then? Better to keep them locked up in isolation for fear of killing any innocent person.

Last edited:

Unfortunately putting one innocent person to death is too many.

No it's not.

Or else if one innocent person dies In prison we should tear down our prisons

No it's not.

That's not the state sticking a needle in the innocent guy's arm though. Apples to oranges.

clicked this thinking that they gave him parole, but if you check out the full article title, his request for early release was rejected. i agree with the decision.

That's not the state sticking a needle in the innocent guy's arm though. Apples to oranges.

It's the state killing him, however you wish to justify it to yourself with word games.

It's the state killing him, however you wish to justify it to yourself with word games.

Not really. The state may have put the innocent guy in prison, and it may have failed to protect him in there, but blaming the state for his death is like blaming it for the death of any student shot in a Chicago Public School, housing project or subway train.

Not really. The state may have put the innocent guy in prison, and it may have failed to protect him in there, but blaming the state for his death is like blaming it for the death of any student shot in a Chicago Public School, housing project or subway train.

Yes really, if someone dies in custody it is the same thing as an execution, their life has been forfeited to the state.

first off, the number of truly innocent people executed in this soceity in the last several decades is likely zero. exonerations (actual exonerations, not some jailhouse lawyer BS like "he didn't actually pull the trigger but was involved in the crime" or "his mental state was such he's not responsible" ) have been at a rate so small as not to even be taken seriously.

Yes really, if someone dies in custody it is the same thing as an execution, their life has been forfeited to the state.

first off, the number of truly innocent people executed in this soceity in the last several decades is likely zero. exonerations (actual exonerations, not some jailhouse lawyer BS like "he didn't actually pull the trigger but was involved in the crime" or "his mental state was such he's not responsible" ) have been at a rate so small as not to even be taken seriously.

156 death row inmates so far, some outright acquitted.

Innocence: List of Those Freed From Death Row | Death Penalty Information Center

out of about 7,500 sentences you can find 156.

which is, so small I could legally advertise on TV in this country that 0.0% of death row inmates have been exonerated

Some of these are not even exonerations, at least three I've read deal soley with conspiracy claims. like one woman who was alleged to have confessed that she hired two men to kill her child, the men did kill the child, the case only reopened due to problems with the sworn statement of her confession. this does not mean she's innocent, she had a conviction reversed on a procedural hook.

another guy "exonorated" had one murder charge dismissed on a procedural issue but remains on death row on a separate charge. another confessed in detail to the murder for which he was convicted, then recanted claimed (without evidence) police torture, and remains in prison on different charges.

They're really stretching the definition of "exoneration" to meet their political agenda.

No it's not.

Yes it is. How many have been found not guilty after years. You undo the death penalty.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Yes it is. How many have been found not guilty after years. You undo the death penalty.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

You cannot undo almost any serious form of punishment. if you take away twenty years of someone's life you cannot undo that.

You cannot undo almost any serious form of punishment. if you take away twenty years of someone's life you cannot undo that.

No but you can compensate somewhat. You can't do that with the death penalty. The standard should be absolutely positively 100% sure before it is enforced.

This is what the Death Penalty is for.

out of about 7,500 sentences you can find 156.

which is, so small I could legally advertise on TV in this country that 0.0% of death row inmates have been exonerated

Some of these are not even exonerations, at least three I've read deal soley with conspiracy claims. like one woman who was alleged to have confessed that she hired two men to kill her child, the men did kill the child, the case only reopened due to problems with the sworn statement of her confession. this does not mean she's innocent, she had a conviction reversed on a procedural hook.

another guy "exonorated" had one murder charge dismissed on a procedural issue but remains on death row on a separate charge. another confessed in detail to the murder for which he was convicted, then recanted claimed (without evidence) police torture, and remains in prison on different charges.

They're really stretching the definition of "exoneration" to meet their political agenda.

155 is 2% of 7500. Your math skills suck.

Very bad decision. This monster should rot in prison.

Read the OP again - parole was rejected.

Really?

Back
Top Bottom