• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Parler's Suit Against Amazon Web Services Furthers Fight Between Conservatives and Big Tech

NWRatCon

Eco**Social Marketeer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Parler's Suit Against Amazon Web Services Furthers Fight Between Conservatives and Big Tech (Hollywood Reporter)
In the latest round of an ongoing feud between conservatives and the tech industry's biggest companies, Parler claims Amazon Web Services is conspiring with Twitter to quash potential competitors and that's why the web giant decided to terminate the right-wing social media platform's cloud service.
The real battle, over Section 230, goes to the fundamental nature of web services - are they more a conduit, like a phone line; or more like a "publisher", like a newspaper? This suit goes to the very nature of the discussion. Judge Not Impressed By Parler’s Attempt To Force Amazon To Put It Back Online (Above the Law).
U.S. District Judge Barbara J. Rothstein in Seattle said during a hearing Thursday she’s not inclined to order Amazon to immediately put Parler back online. Instead, she expressed interest in taking a more measured approach to deciding whether she should order a permanent injunction to restore web-services to Parler.
[As an aside, I've appeared before Judge Rothstein. She's very intellectual in her approach, so I think that bodes ill for Parler's chances.]

The judge is an 82 year old Carter appointee. Parler is wasting its time in court. I would have thought people would recognize by now that federal courts are less than worthless. They are just gatekeepers of the plutocrats and kelptocrats now, nothing else.

The judge is an 82 year old Carter appointee. Parler is wasting its time in court. I would have thought people would recognize by now that federal courts are less than worthless. They are just gatekeepers of the plutocrats and kelptocrats now, nothing else.
Since "federal courts are less than worthless", you must agree that Team Trump and S. Powell are wasting time with the election fraud lawsuits.

Since "federal courts are less than worthless", you must agree that Team Trump and S. Powell are wasting time with the election fraud lawsuits.

Obviously they were a waste of time, yes. The entire faux election was a waste of time.

Did you vote? Yes or No

Yes. In the presidential election it was a total waste of my time. Republicans received such massive numbers of votes even the pre-planned election theft was insufficient, so they only had time to create ballots for Biden for which there wasn't enough time to mark votes for any other candidates in states that do not allow straight party voting.

I just have to point out that Parler's management are, unsurprisingly, playing fast and loose with the truth.

They said to the public that they didn't rely on any proprietary AWS code. In court filings, they claim that they do, and without AWS they are dead in the water. And now, in public, they're saying they will be fully functional by the end of the month.

I wonder, which of their statements are true, and which are the lies?

Yes. In the presidential election it was a total waste of my time. Republicans received such massive numbers of votes even the pre-planned election theft was insufficient, so they only had time to create ballots for Biden for which there wasn't enough time to mark votes for any other candidates in states that do not allow straight party voting.
Pretty funny.
Have you ever considered writing for S. Powell?

Pretty funny.
Have you ever considered writing for S. Powell?
Have you ever considered posting messages relevant to thread topics?

I just have to point out that Parler's management are, unsurprisingly, playing fast and loose with the truth.

They said to the public that they didn't rely on any proprietary AWS code. In court filings, they claim that they do, and without AWS they are dead in the water. And now, in public, they're saying they will be fully functional by the end of the month.

I wonder, which of their statements are true, and which are the lies?

Yep... Even if they prevailed against ASW on this TRO, at best they would have only months to move off of AWS. What about the other vendors that they rely upon for there application to work? Do they expect the court to order everyone to do business with Parler indefinitely?

Pretty definitive and fair.

This outcome was to be expected. Temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions are not granted lightly. There are well-defined criteria that must be met. Parker did not meet all of those criteria.

For more information:

If anyone is interested in reading the entire order, you can see it here:

Republicans received such massive numbers of votes even the pre-planned election theft was insufficient
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

it's so easy to see what Republican Media people here consume.

Amazon and especially Google have become super predators. They are in the business of eliminating competition so they can sanitize the web of anything they don’t want you to see.

Everyone should be extremely concerned about how they are colluding to create a form of a monopoly in order to control the decimation of information.

Back
Top Bottom